Purifying Aura for ThaumCraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

joel42

Jul 29, 2019
Hello forum goers!
I've been appointed chief thaumaturge of my friend's MindCrack Pack server, and I've been making a lot of great stuff, and everything was going great, until the wisps started spawning. I didn't realize how much flux I'd been emptying in to the area, and wisps are spawning A LOT. It's getting really annoying. I've planted a few silverwood saplings in hopes that they'd grow and balance out the aura, but they haven't grown yet, and obviously bonemeal doesn't work (I don't think anything does). So, I'd like to know if there are any other ways to purify the aura besides growing silverwood trees, cause the aura sure isn't balancing itself. I don't even know if the trees will grow because of all the flux. Any help?
Thanks!
Also, if anyone knows all the aspects I need for the Arcane Levitator, I'd love to know, still trying to complete those notes.

Chrono

Jul 29, 2019
Hello forum goers!
I've been appointed chief thaumaturge of my friend's MindCrack Pack server, and I've been making a lot of great stuff, and everything was going great, until the wisps started spawning. I didn't realize how much flux I'd been emptying in to the area, and wisps are spawning A LOT. It's getting really annoying. I've planted a few silverwood saplings in hopes that they'd grow and balance out the aura, but they haven't grown yet, and obviously bonemeal doesn't work (I don't think anything does). So, I'd like to know if there are any other ways to purify the aura besides growing silverwood trees, cause the aura sure isn't balancing itself. I don't even know if the trees will grow because of all the flux. Any help?
Thanks!
Also, if anyone knows all the aspects I need for the Arcane Levitator, I'd love to know, still trying to complete those notes.
The best way is to kill all those wisps, otherwise all you can do is wait...

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
The only way to manually purify the aura at the moment is killing wisps. Flux types that don't create wisps will do their effect and reduce themselves automatically on their own.

If you want to make it easier on yourself, build a prison around the node itself, maybe surround it with a bunch of melee turtles with cheap weapons stuck in a turtle.attack() loop that never ends and chunkload the whole thing. You could have another do turtle.suck() on occasion to pick up the wispy essences, or use an obsidian pipe with an always-on autarchic gate, or a thaumcraft wooden golem, or a transposer with a timer, etc. It's the only source of the flux aspect before you have nether wart unless another mod has snuck some in while I wasn't paying attention.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
growing the tress is acutly going to make more flux. Anytime you change the Vis levels you crate flux as it blances out. Only answer is to give it time to bleed off.

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
Like the others said, growing silverwoods actually increases flux.

Besides dumping flux in effects (like wisps), the only other way to lose flux is if the node in question is a pure node (from silverwoods). So you can grow a new pure node and artificially increase it by adding more silverwoods (in the right way), to the point where it is larger than your local normal node and then make the two merge so the merged node becomes a pure one as well. However this process takes a lot of silverwood saplings and time, and will result in lots of flux in the mean time that you have to take care of.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Like Korenn suggested this is a way to purge a node. But yeah be ready for a lot of wisps as you do this. As others pointed out you can box into the node wile doing this to keep he wisps locked up and kill them how you see fit.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm still researching how nodes spawn whisps. Since they seem to be able to spawn a bit afar from a node. My goal is to actually make a very tainted node and kill the wisps (and propably myself) with tesla-coils. But they do not seem to spawn where I want them to spawn.

The Dev-version on forgecraft also seems to have a node-prison which can pull a node to a certain spot and trap it there, not exactly sure how it works, since nobody spotlighted it, and I only managed to get a short glimpse at the research.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you're using allembic's and not dumping all kinds of extra vis into the environment. I know.. I know.. DUH... but it quite frequently gets forgotten.

Kill the wisps and wait, keep the area loaded with a chunkloader so its also spawning wisps and leveling aura with other nodes. It'll also help the silverwood trees grow (given that someone isn't already always in the load perimeter.)

joel42

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, thanks for the help. I guess i'll just have to wait it out, but I use TC stuff so often, I might have some turtles kill the wisps. Thanks again everyone!

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I made somebody angry.

2013-01-16_19.14.04.png

That's only after making four alembics. I made nothing before that, and everything afterwards I was careful to make no flux.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I made somebody angry.

That's only after making four alembics. I made nothing before that, and everything afterwards I was careful to make no flux.

That is a way to much for our alembics. Are you sure your not on a dark node?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

There were never any wisps before I made my alembics. The only thing I did with thaumcraft at that point was research, which AFAIK doesn't create flux.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to post a new topic, but this seems to be along the same lines. I was trying to reduce the flux in my area, so after a couple hours finally (FINALLY) managed to get a silverwood sapling, planted it, and it actually grew fairly quickly. The good news, no more flux. The (very) bad news is my aura went from like 450 to 96. Is that a bug, or did I just screw up? If the latter, can I boost it back up, or do I need to relocate my Thaumcraft facility?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to post a new topic, but this seems to be along the same lines. I was trying to reduce the flux in my area, so after a couple hours finally (FINALLY) managed to get a silverwood sapling, planted it, and it actually grew fairly quickly. The good news, no more flux. The (very) bad news is my aura went from like 450 to 96. Is that a bug, or did I just screw up? If the latter, can I boost it back up, or do I need to relocate my Thaumcraft facility?

Nope Silverwood trees made there own Node and now that is your closest node and it will be tiny.

Good news is if it is close enough to the other node they will merge.

Bad news that will crate more flux not less.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Nope Silverwood trees made there own Node and now that is your closest node and it will be tiny.

Good news is if it is close enough to the other node they will merge.

Bad news that will crate more flux not less.
Bloody hell, I was afraid of that. Oh well, guess I'll build my mage tower in a Mystcraft age. Thanks much for the quick reply =)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Bloody hell, I was afraid of that. Oh well, guess I'll build my mage tower in a Mystcraft age. Thanks much for the quick reply =)

You can always just plant more trees and grow one big ass super node.

Just realize thats going to have a lot of flux for a long time before it is all said and done.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Say, out of curiosity, what could one do if they set up base near a Dark Node?
Would it be possible to "Purify" it or move it away?

Because I kinda may have done that without realizing it and now I'm not sure what to do about it.
I really hope "relocating" my own base is not the only answer, because I've been having to move and rebuild that thing soo many times now and if I have to move from one of the best spots I've found because of that, I'm going to be really annoyed...:(

I may even just disable Thaumcraft from the pack to get rid of all nodes, re-enable it and just go to new ages to do magic.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Say, out of curiosity, what could one do if they set up base near a Dark Node?
Would it be possible to "Purify" it or move it away?

Well there is not easy way to purify the dark node. you would have to make a node more powerful them it then merge them. Needless to say this is not an easy task and there will be a lot of flux.

Moving it is also hard but easier then trying purify it. Also this will create a lot of flux.

So when two nodes merge them move towards each other. The bigger one moving less then the smaller one but it will still move. So you can basically plant a silverwood tree near it close enough to cause a merge. Then repeat. 27 years later you will have pulled the dark node close enough to start merging with another large world node. This should get it out of your base area. But can also leave your base with no node so make sure once it gets far enough you can plant a sliver wood in your base with out it merging do so.

Sadly moving might be the faster answer.

But fear not you have another option. Box the node in. Give it about 4 or 5 blocks of space around it. This will trap all the wisps it spawns.

Reactions: Yuka

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Oh nice! ^^
I've actually found some pretty large nodes nearby, so I may just have to put some Silverwood trees nearby to merge them and hope it 'loses' against the pure node.
Only problem would be most nearby nodes are underground (Including the Dark Node), so it may be a pain to track, but I guess a few Silverwood trees high above may help move them above ground.

Thanks! :D