Purifying Aura for ThaumCraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
thats actually easy to tell. Basically get out your goggles and head to the node. Which ever has the higher Vis level will always win.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
True, but there are quite a few around, so I want to make sure that it goes towards the one(s) that can absorb it, don't want to make it more powerful instead. :p

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
From watching Forgecraft streams, there will be ways to move nodes and/or forge them to merge. It won't be instant though, more like make something, put it down, wiat, wait, come back, move the item somewhere else, wait wait wait, etc...

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Jepp and it is hell of a lot expensive to manipulate local nodes. First you need a wand of whatever it was, which requires a netherstar, since the machine you need requires 300 Vis or so. Next you need another netherstar for the machine itself. But since you can use vis also to repair thaumium stuff it seems worth it.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
So last night I was gonna post that it seems wisps don't despawn, as that node I had encased was still surrounded by them. Login today and they're all gone, so I don't know if chunk unload kilsl them or if simple time does (I didn't rush out to the node instantly to check)

Then a bit later, there's 4 or 5 more wisps in the cage, but not the 30 or so from before. I've done zero thaumcraft all day, and the goggles say flux is moderate. A neighbor node (which is slightly larger) also says moderate but seems to have no wisps.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So last night I was gonna post that it seems wisps don't despawn, as that node I had encased was still surrounded by them. Login today and they're all gone, so I don't know if chunk unload kilsl them or if simple time does (I didn't rush out to the node instantly to check)

Then a bit later, there's 4 or 5 more wisps in the cage, but not the 30 or so from before. I've done zero thaumcraft all day, and the goggles say flux is moderate. A neighbor node (which is slightly larger) also says moderate but seems to have no wisps.

From my experience this is sort of true. I've trapped wisps and they have hung around for days until a restarted my server.

Also as long as you got flux you will get wisps (and random events)

And if your node has one of them black hole looking things it a dark node it will never get below moderate I believe.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
So, does anyone know for sure if its the creation of wisps that alleviates flux, or killing them? I pretty sure the aleviation of flux levels is tied to wisps, but I always kill them as soon as I hear them spawn and don't pay attention to flux levels before/after spawn/death.

If its killing them, then just casing them in won't fix flux if they eventually just get absorbed (or never taken away from) the node/flux they came from.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yes anytime a node other then a dark node creates a Wisp or an event it takes a little flux with it. Each stage Minimal, Moderate... ect. seems to actually have multiple flux steps before changing. So you not going to see a Wisp spawn and then flux drop at the same time.

I have not looked at the code so I can not say this with 100% fact but this is how it has seemed to work for me.