Private Packs: How Do I Make One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
would you need to obtain permission to make a modpack that just removes voxelplayer? I use the mindcrack one, but noone wants voxel on the server cos we cant play hide and seek anymore. so would i really have to ask for permission to use all the mods in the mindcracked one, just without voxel?
First, yes you would need permission for all the mods. It would be your pack, not an official FTB one. Second, we would not accept your private pack submission if all you did was remove one mod.
Do what ash said.

Reactions: Ashzification

KilledByVen

Jul 29, 2019
Remove it from the server? Then just tell all of the users to disable the Voxel player on their launcher.
As i said, "Blocking" is what i want to do. someone could have it on during hide and seek and boom... game wasted.

First, yes you would need permission for all the mods. It would be your pack, not an official FTB one. Second, we would not accept your private pack submission if all you did was remove one mod.
Do what ash said.
I will be adding 2 currently under development mods to the collection. So in the meantime while i wait for those to finish, I should just hunt for signatures? Is there a compiled list of contact details somewhere for the mindcrack pack? and also, what will i need to supply? An ss or a fowarded email? And i hope i dont have to aquire permission every time they update the mod /:

404UserNotFound

Jul 29, 2019
Hate to grave-dig, but a question. If I was to want to make a private pack consisting of the standard Mindcrack pack, but modified like so:

1. Remove ChickenChunks
2. Remove Twilight Forest
3. Remove wirelessredstoneaddons
4. Remove wirelessredstonecore
5. Remove wirelessredstoneredpower
6. Add Mo' Creatures (with the custom mob spawner and GUI API for it)

Would I have to get permissions from EVERYONE all over again? Or just permissions from the creator of Mo' Creatures?

Oh, and the reason why I included the removal of those plugins is because THOSE are the ones that were causing the world leak issue I had on my Linux-based dedicated server. I finally got my Mindcrack FTB server up and running today without any world leaks.

All I want to do is make a private pack with a key that I can privately distribute to whitelisted players in my Steam Group, to make it easier for me to add Mo' Creatures.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
From the Guidelines for Private Packs,
"Permissions:
All private mod packs are required to have complete permissions for each and every mod included. Permissions that have been given to the official FTB mod packs DO NOT COUNT towards a private mod pack. Permissions found in the Central Mod Permissions page do count."

I would recommend completely reading those guidelines to understand your options.

404UserNotFound

Jul 29, 2019
From the Guidelines for Private Packs,
"Permissions:
All private mod packs are required to have complete permissions for each and every mod included. Permissions that have been given to the official FTB mod packs DO NOT COUNT towards a private mod pack. Permissions found in the Central Mod Permissions page do count."

I would recommend completely reading those guidelines to understand your options.

I shall give the central mod permissions page a read, to find out what I'll have to go through. Otherwise I'll just have to host the custom mod pack on my site hosting @ broseph.org. I really do want to take the courteous route, in order to get a private pack key, but if it turns out I'm going to have to get in touch with like 20 people....ugh, I hope it doesn't come to that.

EDIT: Oh boy, Thaumcraft creator says no to everything? Welp, guess I'm going to have to use my hosting. I really hate to do so, due to lack of courtesy towards the mod creators, but since the whole private pack key-obtaining method is so arduous and pointless, I'm going to have to do things my way.

404UserNotFound

Jul 29, 2019
When I said guidelines, I was referring to the Guidelines for Private Packs. Not the Central Mod Permissions page.
OHHH. Well there's a spreadsheet. How did I miss that?

This might actually be a bit easier than I first thought. For the time being, I'll just advise my members to download Mo' Creatures from the MC forums, and I'll work on getting a private pack application form worked out and ready to submit.

Thanks for the info Watchful :D

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
NP.

Also, for you or anyone else who wants, if there is a mod you want that you think other people might want, let me know and I'll add it to the spreadsheet. It's a lot easier on me to have mods on the spreadsheet, however, I don't want to clutter it up with every mod imaginable.

404UserNotFound

Jul 29, 2019
Mo' Creatures would be a good addition. I haven't checked the spreadsheet, so I don't know if it's on there yet...but yeah, I've actually been messing around with the Mindcrack modpack, removing some other things such as Thaumcraft, Thaumic Bees (because of the creator's issues with giving permissions), Xycraft, the Portal mod and testing it out in Single Player just to make sure that nothing breaks. I was also trying to remove the force field modulator stuff but I don't know if it's part of one of the bigger plugins like IC2. As well, I did want to remove ComputerCraft, but Forge Mod Loader has some issues with that and I can't even start Single Player without ComputerCraft. So I decided to keep it in. I'm basically testing it in Single Player mode because I don't want to commit any changes to the server until I make sure that what I've removed will not cause any world leaks errors on server startup.

As I've said before, my server is a dedicated Linux-based server, which is hosted by the fellow who created the site SteamIDFinder.com. I'm mainly just removing stuff that none of the 6 people (including me) who play on the server will ever use. My server is whitelisted, very small userbase, and I started it up after watching YouTuber "bdoubleo" do some Let's Play on Feed the Beast on the private Mindcrack server. I wanted to start my own Mindcrack server, and now that I have, I want to remove some of the "fluff" mods (fluff being a nickname I've given to the plugins I've removed).

But hey, whatever helps me make a private pack that will allow me to add Mo' Creatures to it and not have to get permissions from 50 people, basically. I'll check out the spreadsheet later today (as it's 4:01AM at the time that I wrote this post up), compare it to whatever mods I've not disabled, and see who I have to get permissions from. Hopefully I can get a private pack key, it would help the other 5 people who play on my server out a lot, so they don't have to ask me whether or not they have to edit their modpack and remove a mod.

Again, thanks for the info Watchful :D

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Unfortunately, MoCreatures doesn't usually give out permission to mod packs. You will have to somehow catch his attention and hope for the best.

The modpack hosted here,
https://github.com/ayeso/Private_Mod_Pack/blob/master/permissions.md
is the only one I know of that has it, you can find the specific permission in that page. (note, there is no reason you have to host something like that github page, that's just the way he wanted to do it.)

404UserNotFound

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, MoCreatures doesn't usually give out permission to mod packs. You will have to somehow catch his attention and hope for the best.

The modpack hosted here,
https://github.com/ayeso/Private_Mod_Pack/blob/master/permissions.md
is the only one I know of that has it, you can find the specific permission in that page. (note, there is no reason you have to host something like that github page, that's just the way he wanted to do it.)

Well I did read the permissions image for Mo' Creatures, and it seems one of the main issues listed was that this "Ayes" had no whitelist, but DrZhark still gave permission. As I stated, my server uses a whitelist system and only consists of about 6 users (including me) right now. I shall get in touch with DrZhark, inform him of my intentions, and see what he says :)

You've been incredibly helpful Watchful (and watchful too!), and I thank you. I shall do further testing of which mods to remove to leave a basic Mindcrack experience with building things, and then compile a list for a private pack key. :)

404UserNotFound

Jul 29, 2019
Got some new questions for ya. I'm just about finished my mod application, but I'm trying to figure out if it's at all possible to have WorldEdit, and have it usable with the FTB launcher, as well as compatible with all the other mods in the pack.

First off, is it all possible to add WorldEdit to an FTB server?

Secondly, where would I be able to find an FTB-compatible version of WorldEdit (if any)

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Well, first, as I'm guessing you know, WorldEdit is server side, so you don't need to wait on getting it working to submit a pack.
You have several options. I don't think there is a forge version of just world edit. However, there is a forge server mod called ForgeEssentials. It is a replacement for some basic bukkit plugins, such as essentials and world guard. But it also includes a version of world edit.
Next, there are 2 options that I know of to run bukkit plugins with forge. They are bukkitforge and MCPC. Both will allow you to run worldedit as a bukkit plugin on a forge server.(plus whatever other bukkit plugins you want) They both have their drawbacks though. Bukkitforge is missing some functionality and some plugins won't work with it. MCPC, while more complete, does not have working force chunkloading. So chunkloaded things won't reload properly after a server restart and dimensions that don't have anyone in them won't stay loaded. I would recommend experimenting with both. If all you want to do is run WorldEdit I would use bukkitforge, to avoid the chunkloading issues.

404UserNotFound

Jul 29, 2019
ForgeEssentials sounds perfect. As I said, I'm juuuust about done. I'm doing up the pack description right now. I've got the list of included mods done, now I'm doing a section that will appear below the mod list, which will list each separate author, with credit to them for each mod they made.

I'm hoping everything goes smoothly with it being accepted. I was lucky enough to get permission from TrainCraft creator MrBrutal to use TrainCraft. So yeah :D

Just a side question. Does the FTB launcher have any issues when the player has Windows 7 64-bit? I've got Win7 64-bit myself, but I've not had any random crash issues. However one of my friends keeps crashing when he tries to join the server. He's using the proper modpack that the server uses, nothing else changed. It's just weird. I did post a thread in the support section, but it's gone unnoticed.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
No problems that I know of. The paste in that post seems to be broken.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Future reference for all: if you have a server or private pack, and you're using bukkitforge or mcpc, and your plugins are causing you to crash, you need to report it to bukkitforge/mcpc.

404UserNotFound

Jul 29, 2019
No problems that I know of. The paste in that post seems to be broken.
Hmm. Seems he forgot to turn off paste expiration.

EDIT: I updated the thread with the new link.

Future reference for all: if you have a server or private pack, and you're using bukkitforge or mcpc, and your plugins are causing you to crash, you need to report it to bukkitforge/mcpc.

Not using Bukkitforge or MCPC.

theundecided

Jul 29, 2019
if I may redirect the thread.
Hiya beasters i saw today the private pack option was added to the launcher, was looking around for a way to create one but didnt see one :(. So i was wondering if this option to create private packs has been added yet or not? if so can someone please tell me how to create one?

Many Thanks,
BeastCrafter

hopping to find the answer that WAS NOT answered.....

HOW do I create a PRIVATE pack.... ASSUMING permissions are taken care of. kthanksbye

Status
Not open for further replies.