Practical use of Dragon Egg Energy Siphon?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
http://ftbwiki.org/Dragon_Egg_Energy_Siphon

Basically, I have an idea, but I don't know if it's any good. I don't want Flux generating a whole lot from it, so would it be a good idea to have the egg on the Siphon a good distance away, and have the energy come to my base via tesseract? That way, I'd avoid Flux on my rather large aura node. Where the practicality comes in, is the energy loss. Would the energy loss from the Tesseract still make the Siphon worth it?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you could use the interdimensional energy transport thingie from GT instead(not the cheapest item ever, comes with good storage though). Investing in a few lightning rods might be a good idea as well - even though they produce copious amounts of cpu lag(according to KirinDave).

But yeah, if you used a tesseract, you'd lose 32eu/t.

You'd receive 96 eu/t on the other end, instead of 128eu/t.

I mean.. strictly mathematically speaking.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Since when can tesseracts transport EU? I checked TE wiki just in case, it doesn't mention anything like that.

Reactions: RedBoss

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Tested, they don't visually connect to cables and don't transmit any EU.
Eh, that blows. Looks KL is one of the people to think that IC is deader than a ... a very dead.... err.. dead.. thing. Which has been dead for a long time.

Heh.

Use the interdimensional energy storage unit.

Reactions: Guswut

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
SO I tested the Siphon.
#1- It DOES connect to Glass Fiber Cables, and probably HV cables.
#2- It got my Flux back up to Dangerous rather quickly, and I had just gotten it back down to None Q_Q
#3- Tesseracts are able to transmit energy through redstone conduits I believe. They transmit MJ I think, MAYBE EU. I'm not sure how they work really, but they CAN transmit energy.

Other-
#1- I intend to get the IESU eventually. I have over 1000 iridium from Mass Fabricators, so that's not a problem. Good Computer able to run MC and other stuff just fine (Dishonored, for example) + AFK from Minecraft + Chunk Loader = Yay.
#2- I was derping around in a creative world and tested out 9 lightning rods in an area and forced it to storm, and it didn't seem to cause me any lag.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Cycling energy crystals through ender chest works fine for long distance EU transfer.

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
Sort of like Avidya and Pakratt did for the Mindcrackers and their jetpacks+ender pouches.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Orly?
DWZse1q.png

Have you perchance been updating mods yourself?

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't talking about the Tesseract :p Was talking about the Dragon Egg Siphon, but I now feel stupid because I realize that people were talking about the Tesseracts. It does connect to Redstone Conduits though if I'm not mistaken.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Use the ender chest+lapo crystal for eu transport, tesseract is only for MJ (unless you want to convert it to MJ (electrical engines or others) and then lose another 25% from tesseract).

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't talking about the Tesseract :p Was talking about the Dragon Egg Siphon, but I now feel stupid because I realize that people were talking about the Tesseracts. It does connect to Redstone Conduits though if I'm not mistaken.
Oh right, now I see it, hah, stupid me, right?

I still wouch for the interdimensional energy transport solution :D.

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, which means they aren't currently in Mindcrack.

On the other hand, I heard somewhere that Guude is looking into getting it...

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of getting into bees myself, and getting the Thaumic Bees mod. I'd love to get some chrome bees because I desperately need a lot of chrome/titanium, and electrolyzing ruby dust is sooooooo slow.