Possible filter for SPAM?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I just noticed that SPAM posts, in addition to initially marking themselves as "Problems" :D all have URLs as subject lines.

Can that be used as a filter? Any real poster should know to at least identify their subject.

Reactions: Mr. Anarchy

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
This is why I'm always boggled by these things in the first place. Who sees these thread titles and doesn't immediately understand they're spam? They can't possibly work.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Perhaps we should bring on another garbage collector who's frequently around between midnight and 8AM est. I find 99% of my cleanup happens when I get to work in the morning (8:30AM EST).

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Perhaps we should bring on another garbage collector who's frequently around between midnight and 8AM est. I find 99% of my cleanup happens when I get to work in the morning (8:30AM EST).
I try get to it when I get settled at work, around 10-11 GMT, obviously that depends on my regular workload and whether or not I'm actually at work that day.