Poll: RFTools Dimension Builder Penalties

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you want to incure a constant RF cost in order to keep a created dimension accessible?

• Yes, but not too much

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • Yes, and a lot more RF for very complicated dimensions

Votes: 69 65.7%
  • No, the RF cost at creation time is sufficient

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • Other (clarify in response)

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Make powering the dimension side of things ( on case of emergencies ) cost something more than just power. Like batteries... Make them non rechargeable and consumed on usage. And you can only create them in the portal on the over world side. So as the dimension is being created or restarted a player can craft a battery in the portal block that bleeds energy off the world creation to charge itself . You can carry this around with you while you are in the the dimension, and if you see the dimension is about to crash you can place it in the world and click it for it to release energy back into the world.
Sorry for my rambling good night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Just my opinion and I love what you are doing so far. But, I have some concerns about chunk loading. I own a white listed DW20 and allow my players free reign to live in Mystcraft worlds (all of them are void ages and they do have them chunk loaded). With the dimension builder require power and chunk loading that would be a 2nd chunk loader per player on my server. I have real concern with needing a chunk loader in the overworld to keep void dimensions operating. Is there something planned to make void ages zero energy cost? Even if it is an upgrade they can add later?

BTW: I still plan on testing this in my DW20 world soon. Probably next weekend I'll create a backup copy of my server and install this mod into it just to see what happens then I'll turn loose a couple of my players on it and see what breaks.

Actually you don't need two places chunkloaded as you can also move the dimension builder to the dimension itself and power it from there. So that should be no problem.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
This sounds great but I think It should have to cost rf but when you run out it doesnt just delete your world but it goes dorment were theres nothing can happen there but its no completely gone. For the power consumption you should make in configrable

I never plan on actually destroying the dimension. It is just that players will be kicked out of the dimension forcibly. When you restore energy everything will be back to normal.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Make powering the dimension side of things ( on case of emergencies ) cost something more than just power. Like batteries... Make them non rechargeable and consumed on usage. And you can only create them in the portal on the over world side. So as the dimension is being created or restarted a player can craft a battery in the portal block that bleeds energy off the world creation to charge itself . You can carry this around with you while you are in the the dimension, and if you see the dimension is about to crash you can place it in the world and click it for it to release energy back into the world.

Interesting idea but I'm not going to do it like that for next release as I don't want to change the mechanics too much. But I will think about incorporating something like this.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Question:

I do recently came on a slight problem with my mod mechanics though. Say you are on a server that restricts chunk loaders so that they are only active when you're online. Say also that you have a dimension running with your base in it. As soon as you leave the server the chunkloader stops. However, the dimension will keep draining power! When you later return to your dimension you will die immediatelly.

How to solve this? One possibility is to don't drain dimension power when there is nobody in it or when there are no chunkloaders active in it (i.e. that way, it would keep draining power when nobody is in the dimension but a chunkloader is keeping chunks active). I like this option as it means that it will automatically stop drawing power as soon as nobody is in your dimension and your chunkloader stops being active. A few problems can still occur if other people happen to visit your dimension though.

Any other suggestions?
Maybe have three tiers of Dimension Builders. The first tier would function exactly as they do in the published betas- it runs all the time. The second tier (upgraded using dimensional shards, as you're already planning on making that a thing) would essentially have a redstone-controlled on-off switch. When turned on, it behaves like the tier 1 builder, but when turned off with a redstone signal, it makes the dimension behave as if it was out of power, regardless of whether or not that was actually the case- kills players and forcibly unloads chunks, if possible. The tier 3 builder would automatically turn the dimension off then there's no players or loaded chunks.

I'm not sure how easily you can determine whether or not there are any loaded chunks in a dimension. I remember Azanor saying a while back that determining whether or not any given chunk is loaded is surprisingly costly, but I don't know if determining if any chunks are loaded in a dimension is easier.

Also, is it even possible to forcibly unload a chunk that would otherwise be loaded by a chunkloader? If so, I would suggest doing that when dimensions run out of power or are switched off (by tier 2 builders).
Just my opinion and I love what you are doing so far. But, I have some concerns about chunk loading. I own a white listed DW20 and allow my players free reign to live in Mystcraft worlds (all of them are void ages and they do have them chunk loaded). With the dimension builder require power and chunk loading that would be a 2nd chunk loader per player on my server. I have real concern with needing a chunk loader in the overworld to keep void dimensions operating. Is there something planned to make void ages zero energy cost? Even if it is an upgrade they can add later?

BTW: I still plan on testing this in my DW20 world soon. Probably next weekend I'll create a backup copy of my server and install this mod into it just to see what happens then I'll turn loose a couple of my players on it and see what breaks.
I don't see free-to-run dimensions anytime in the future. However, since your players are already chunkloading their void bases all the time, they could move the dimension builder into the base itself easily enough. If their power system breaks down long enough for the dimension to run out of juice, though, they'll be killed as soon as they try to enter the dimension, so they'll need to get an admin in creative mode to install a temporary creative energy cell for long enough to get their regular power supply running again.

Alternatively, you could just give players free creative energy cells, with the instruction to only use them to power dimension builders. If you don't trust them, you could construct a bedrock box in the dimension housing the creative cell and dimension builder.

So you're suggesting a single-use battery that can provide temporary power to the dimension it's in. Certainly interesting... but you could do the same thing with a spare dimension builder, a duplicate dimension tab, and a Thermal Expansion energy cell. Nonetheless, I could certainly see the appeal of only needing one inventory slot, and not having to track down exactly the same set of dimlets. Especially if this single-use battery stacks, like the single-use batteries in IC2.

Hmm... What are people's thoughts on some kind of dimlet duplicator? Input any dimlet and some extra resources (junk/unknown dimlets, stacks of diamond/gold blocks, etc.), and get another copy of the dimlet, not unlike right-clicking in a Mystcraft writing desk.

Also, I'd like to see some creative ways of making dimlets easier to find in dimensions with those features. Could range anywhere from chests in those worldgen house things that McJty showed off a few days ago to adding Dungeon dimlets to dungeon chest loot. Ideas?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Maybe have three tiers of Dimension Builders. The first tier would function exactly as they do in the published betas- it runs all the time. The second tier (upgraded using dimensional shards, as you're already planning on making that a thing) would essentially have a redstone-controlled on-off switch. When turned on, it behaves like the tier 1 builder, but when turned off with a redstone signal, it makes the dimension behave as if it was out of power, regardless of whether or not that was actually the case- kills players and forcibly unloads chunks, if possible. The tier 3 builder would automatically turn the dimension off then there's no players or loaded chunks.

That's an interesting idea that I will remember for a future update.

I'm not sure how easily you can determine whether or not there are any loaded chunks in a dimension. I remember Azanor saying a while back that determining whether or not any given chunk is loaded is surprisingly costly, but I don't know if determining if any chunks are loaded in a dimension is easier.

In my case I just check if the dimension itself is loaded. That's very efficient.

Also, is it even possible to forcibly unload a chunk that would otherwise be loaded by a chunkloader? If so, I would suggest doing that when dimensions run out of power or are switched off (by tier 2 builders).

I don't know. Haven't investaged that yet.

I don't see free-to-run dimensions anytime in the future. However, since your players are already chunkloading their void bases all the time, they could move the dimension builder into the base itself easily enough. If their power system breaks down long enough for the dimension to run out of juice, though, they'll be killed as soon as they try to enter the dimension, so they'll need to get an admin in creative mode to install a temporary creative energy cell for long enough to get their regular power supply running again.

I'm thinking about ways to solve this problem. I'm thinking about perhaps an item that only works for a limited time that you can craft and give energy. With that item you can safely enter a shutdown dimension without bad effects but only for the time that the item allows.

Hmm... What are people's thoughts on some kind of dimlet duplicator? Input any dimlet and some extra resources (junk/unknown dimlets, stacks of diamond/gold blocks, etc.), and get another copy of the dimlet, not unlike right-clicking in a Mystcraft writing desk.

This is an idea that I have been playing with as well. Not sure if this would be too powerful or not.

Also, I'd like to see some creative ways of making dimlets easier to find in dimensions with those features. Could range anywhere from chests in those worldgen house things that McJty showed off a few days ago to adding Dungeon dimlets to dungeon chest loot. Ideas?

The small building I showed you a few days ago contains three relatively rare dimlets in display (item frame) and a chest with unknown dimlets and some already researched dimlets.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Thinking about ways to get dimlets. Here are the current ones:

• Dungeon/village/loot chests in general. You can (if you are lucky) get a number of unknown dimlets there.
  • Enderman drop (but very rare, about 1/100). The only way to get sustained unknown dimlets if you have an enderman farm going.
  • Dimlet dungeon in a RFTools dimension. You get a few relatively rare dimlets and some unknown dimlets. These dungeons are pretty rare itself though.
  • Dimlet scrambler: given at least two non-craftable dimlets you can create a new random dimlet with a better chance then what the dimlet researcher gives you.
You currently cannot copy dimlets as this is a pretty powerful thing to do. One way that I might consider is with a new device that takes a LOT of dimensional shards (which is a relatively rare ore that you need to mine in an RFTools dimension) and then makes an exact copy of the dimlet you put in. The amount of dimensional shards that you need can vary based on rarity of the dimlet that you want to copy.

Note that this actually is an extra limitation on building OP dimensions. At this moment the dimension builder is limited to 50000 RF/tick on each side. That means that with one dimension builder you can get at most 300000 RF/tick into a dimension. A dimension made out of diamond blocks is currently using more then 1000000 RF/tick. So you need at least 4 dimension builders which means that you need EACH dimlet in that dimension tab at least four times. Given that the diamond block dimlet is pretty rare it is not going to be easy to do this.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I decided to release a new beta even though a lot is not ready yet. But a huge deal has changed and I want people to test it out a bit. First a warning. This is a big change and it is *strongly* recommended you start fresh. That means to delete your world and delete the rftools config files to be sure you get the fresh new configs. Sorry for this but a lot of changes were done in this release. Here is the link and changelog:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a87x49ocsp10q3i/rftools-2.00beta4.jar

Changelog between 2.00beta3 and 2.00beta4:
  • Completely changed the way known dimlet configuration is done (delete your dimlet configuration file!). There is now also an internal blacklist as well as a way to set defaults for known fluids from other mods. It is also possible to disable dimlets in the config file.
  • Implemented a better rarity system for dimlets. Also added a /rftdim dumprarity command that you can use to dump the rarity distribution of all dimlets.
  • Only create dimlets for fluids that can be placed in the world.
  • Made a dimlet scrambler device. This device is capable of taking three dimlets (of which at most one can be a craftable dimlet). It will transform the dimlets into a new random dimlet. Depending on the rarity of the input dimlets you will get a higher chance on a rarer output dimlet as well.
  • Added a new dimlet template item that can be crafted from dimensional shards and paper. That dimlet template will allow the player to craft more dimlet types (like flat terrain type for example).
  • New Machine infuser that allows improving all RFTools machines in some way by feeding it dimensional shards.
  • WAILA tooltip now also shows the infusion percentage.
  • Randomize the RFTools dimensions based on a combination of the general seed and the dimension id.
  • Spawn particles when a dimensional shard ore is harvested.
  • Fixed a problem in the handling of the dimlet configuration file. Apparently categories are supposed to be lowercase to make sure they work correctly.
  • Added dungeon generation to rftools dimensions where you can find nice dimlet related loot.
  • Added a configuration option for dungeon rarity and made them somewhat less common by default.
  • Also tried to sanitize the generation of the spawn platform and make it safer.
  • When a dimension is first created the spawn chunk (0,0) is now generated so that the matter receiver in it is properly registered. This greatly cleans up and simplifies some of my code.
  • Added craftable digit dimlets which can help to make unique dimensions.
  • Replaced confusion debuff when a dimension is failing with slowdown.
  • Removed a client-side dependency while reading the builtin dimlets.json file on the server.
  • Fixed a big server/client problem with registering dimensions.
  • Implemented first version of the island terrain generator.
  • Dimensions only consume power when a dimension is actually loaded (players present or chunks loaded).
  • Moved the terrain type 'spheres' to a feature type. Still not implemented but it is more a feature then a terrain.
  • Implemented support for modifiers in dimlet descriptors. Liquid and Material are now modifiers. Material modifier can be used with terrain and oregen dimlets.
  • Material modifier is now implemented for terrain and oregen.
  • Added a new 'oregen' dimlet with the ability to add specific oregens for materials. Material modifiers should come before that feature.
  • The WAILA tooltip for the matter receiver and transmitter now also shows the name and status of these blocks.
  • Added modifier specific multipliers. So for example, a material modifier combined with terrain might cost more then a material modifier combined with oregen.
  • Increased default RF/tick for the dimension builder to 50000.
  • Added some new material dimlets (redstone, lapis, iron, ...)
  • Initial balancing of the OP material blocks.

Edit: one known bug that I found out today is that in some situations it seems that my code to disable bedrock layer isn't working. So you might get island ages with void at the floor. Not sure why that is yet.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
You could make all the dimlets craftable but needing a tiered base dimlet. Like loot in other games grey-purple or common - epic. That way you only have to set up loot chances on 4-5 items and not every dimlet. Like cobblestone would be a tier 1 dimlet surrounded by cobble and diamond would be a tier 5 dimlet with diamond blocks sorrounding it.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
You could make all the dimlets craftable but needing a tiered base dimlet. Like loot in other games grey-purple or common - epic. That way you only have to set up loot chances on 4-5 items and not every dimlet. Like cobblestone would be a tier 1 dimlet surrounded by cobble and diamond would be a tier 5 dimlet with diamond blocks sorrounding it.

I actually already have something like this. Currently there are:

• Normal craftable dimlets using vanilla recipes (paper, redstone, ...)
  • Uncraftable dimlets that can only be found.
  • Craftable dimlets using dimensional shards that you can find in other dimensions.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ok, Beta 4 Testing Results, after installing several of Reika's mods, Funky Locomotion, ProjectRed, and deleting both RFTools config files:

Island world types and materials certainly work. However, biomes still don't. I'm also getting ChromatiCraft pylons showing up here and there floating at y=0 well away from the island itself, but I did notice that Reika pushed an update a day or two ago, so that might've been fixed from his end. I'm also getting positive effects from the Chromaticraft crystals strewn around this netherrack island, which feels a little weird, seeing as when I usually see ChromatiCraft strwen around netherrack, I'm in the Nether, so they give negative effects. However, I don't think there's much that can be done there from your end. Also, Reika pushed an update to all of his mods a day or two ago, so these issues might've already been fixed. I'll check sometime.

I also see some floating slime islands (from Tinker's Construct), but that's not as bad as the pylons- they're supposed to float.

I managed to place the matter transmitter and reciever in the Overworld such that, when I teleported back from the dimension, I ended up right back on the transmitter, and shortly afterward, back in the netherrack island dimension. So I thought, "Ok, I'll hold W as I teleport back, so I'll walk off the transmitter before I get teleported again."
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Hey, that tickles! Hehehe!

Time: 12/14/14 9:07 PM
Description: Getting biome

java.lang.NullPointerException: Getting biome
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76591_a(Chunk.java:1289)
at net.minecraft.world.World.getBiomeGenForCoordsBody(World.java:141)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldProvider.getBiomeGenForCoords(WorldProvider.java:365)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72807_a(World.java:130)
at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.getSkyBlendColour(ForgeHooksClient.java:407)
at net.minecraft.world.World.getSkyColorBody(World.java:1597)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldProvider.getSkyColor(WorldProvider.java:399)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72833_a(World.java:1575)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78466_h(EntityRenderer.java:1672)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1154)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1011)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:990)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:286)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:376)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:165)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:54)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76591_a(Chunk.java:1289)

-- Coordinates of biome request --
Details:
Location: World: (59,0,82), Chunk: (at 11,0,2 in 3,5; contains blocks 48,0,80 to 63,255,95), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.world.World.getBiomeGenForCoordsBody(World.java:141)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldProvider.getBiomeGenForCoords(WorldProvider.java:365)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72807_a(World.java:130)
at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.getSkyBlendColour(ForgeHooksClient.java:407)
at net.minecraft.world.World.getSkyColorBody(World.java:1597)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldProvider.getSkyColor(WorldProvider.java:399)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72833_a(World.java:1575)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78466_h(EntityRenderer.java:1672)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1154)

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: MpServer
All players: 1 total; [EntityClientPlayerMP['Someone_Else_37'/153, l='MpServer', x=85.00, y=65.62, z=108.00]]
Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 0, 0
Level seed: 0
Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: false
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (8,64,8), Chunk: (at 8,4,8 in 0,0; contains blocks 0,0,0 to 15,255,15), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Level time: 140545 game time, 295751 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: creative (ID 1). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Forced entities: 81 total; [EntitySlime['Slime'/1325842, l='MpServer', x=118.69, y=25.00, z=58.69], EntityItem['item.item.egg'/1944361, l='MpServer', x=43.00, y=48.13, z=97.53], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1911045, l='MpServer', x=159.50, y=22.00, z=134.50], EntityItem['item.item.egg'/2023841, l='MpServer', x=49.81, y=71.13, z=73.88], EntityPig['Pig'/544198, l='MpServer', x=68.38, y=65.00, z=69.13], EntityZombie['Zombie'/1896446, l='MpServer', x=43.50, y=54.00, z=74.50], EntityZombie['Zombie'/1924051, l='MpServer', x=43.50, y=56.00, z=81.50], EntityZombie['Zombie'/1900360, l='MpServer', x=78.97, y=12.00, z=32.44], EntitySquid['Squid'/1877610, l='MpServer', x=96.50, y=40.34, z=115.66], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1924053, l='MpServer', x=42.50, y=56.00, z=84.50], EntityZombie['Zombie'/1930491, l='MpServer', x=136.50, y=19.00, z=51.50], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1896491, l='MpServer', x=11.91, y=15.00, z=43.28], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1930486, l='MpServer', x=165.72, y=23.00, z=132.50], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1916011, l='MpServer', x=101.31, y=18.00, z=56.75], EntitySlime['Slime'/281044, l='MpServer', x=128.69, y=27.00, z=51.69], EntityBat['Bat'/1544080, l='MpServer', x=73.69, y=59.09, z=86.47], EntityBat['Bat'/1929887, l='MpServer', x=69.16, y=56.00, z=71.38], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1916014, l='MpServer', x=101.50, y=18.00, z=60.50], EntityBat['Bat'/1929890, l='MpServer', x=60.53, y=55.97, z=77.25], EntityBat['Bat'/1929889, l='MpServer', x=76.50, y=55.63, z=70.75], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1934498, l='MpServer', x=78.72, y=21.00, z=61.41], EntityItem['item.item.egg'/1897008, l='MpServer', x=48.22, y=34.13, z=51.97], EntityBat['Bat'/1929888, l='MpServer', x=74.97, y=55.78, z=75.56], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1934499, l='MpServer', x=78.50, y=20.00, z=72.03], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1919229, l='MpServer', x=93.50, y=14.00, z=48.50], EntityCow['Cow'/42, l='MpServer', x=45.66, y=73.00, z=75.91], EntityZombie['Zombie'/1933042, l='MpServer', x=14.50, y=15.00, z=96.50], EntityCow['Cow'/43, l='MpServer', x=45.28, y=72.00, z=74.38], EntityZombie['Zombie'/1933043, l='MpServer', x=7.47, y=14.00, z=98.25], EntityItem['item.item.egg'/1906218, l='MpServer', x=43.47, y=64.13, z=70.31], EntityChicken['Chicken'/41, l='MpServer', x=47.44, y=67.00, z=71.47], EntityChicken['Chicken'/46, l='MpServer', x=36.53, y=62.47, z=93.53], EntityItem['item.item.egg'/2024113, l='MpServer', x=48.13, y=47.13, z=65.69], EntityZombie['Zombie'/1933044, l='MpServer', x=12.97, y=15.00, z=108.41], EntityChicken['Chicken'/53, l='MpServer', x=49.56, y=62.63, z=54.56], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1921348, l='MpServer', x=78.53, y=42.00, z=80.84], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1921349, l='MpServer', x=77.50, y=42.00, z=82.50], EntityChicken['Chicken'/58, l='MpServer', x=49.44, y=62.50, z=64.56], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/2056895, l='MpServer', x=77.06, y=55.00, z=72.34], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1889690, l='MpServer', x=101.69, y=19.00, z=43.69], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/2056894, l='MpServer', x=74.50, y=56.00, z=69.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/2056889, l='MpServer', x=16.50, y=19.00, z=76.50], EntityCow['Cow'/62, l='MpServer', x=48.53, y=71.00, z=72.34], EntitySquid['Squid'/1877570, l='MpServer', x=34.19, y=62.38, z=163.22], EntityItem['item.item.egg'/1934801, l='MpServer', x=38.63, y=47.13, z=94.09], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1933454, l='MpServer', x=100.50, y=20.00, z=52.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1933455, l='MpServer', x=100.50, y=20.00, z=51.50], EntityChicken['Chicken'/64, l='MpServer', x=49.53, y=71.00, z=72.63], EntityBat['Bat'/1932716, l='MpServer', x=9.75, y=18.53, z=41.88], EntityChicken['Chicken'/65, l='MpServer', x=49.97, y=76.00, z=81.19], EntityZombie['Zombie'/1933585, l='MpServer', x=75.50, y=11.00, z=32.50], EntityChicken['Chicken'/66, l='MpServer', x=45.53, y=74.00, z=88.69], EntityBat['Bat'/1932707, l='MpServer', x=15.06, y=20.94, z=64.75], EntityItem['item.item.arrow'/1915615, l='MpServer', x=101.13, y=18.13, z=56.03], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1915850, l='MpServer', x=77.34, y=21.00, z=62.66], EntityBat['Bat'/1932711, l='MpServer', x=16.75, y=15.06, z=89.16], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1898622, l='MpServer', x=59.50, y=20.00, z=138.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1933580, l='MpServer', x=76.50, y=11.00, z=32.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1933583, l='MpServer', x=77.50, y=11.00, z=30.50], EntityZombie['Zombie'/1929951, l='MpServer', x=114.50, y=17.00, z=64.50], EntityZombie['Zombie'/788663, l='MpServer', x=74.13, y=17.00, z=76.25], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1926798, l='MpServer', x=99.50, y=21.00, z=38.50], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1926799, l='MpServer', x=98.50, y=21.00, z=36.50], EntityBat['Bat'/1567475, l='MpServer', x=74.00, y=59.09, z=86.09], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1934229, l='MpServer', x=117.50, y=24.00, z=58.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1934231, l='MpServer', x=119.56, y=24.00, z=53.91], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1934230, l='MpServer', x=118.50, y=24.00, z=56.50], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1906535, l='MpServer', x=56.50, y=30.00, z=72.50], EntityZombie['Zombie'/1930090, l='MpServer', x=57.50, y=20.00, z=135.50], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1930091, l='MpServer', x=56.50, y=20.00, z=133.50], EntityZombie['Zombie'/2057064, l='MpServer', x=100.50, y=18.00, z=44.50], EntityClientPlayerMP['Someone_Else_37'/153, l='MpServer', x=85.00, y=65.62, z=108.00], EntityItem['item.item.bone'/1915616, l='MpServer', x=101.44, y=18.13, z=56.22], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1917113, l='MpServer', x=20.50, y=30.00, z=186.50], EntityZombie['Zombie'/1880806, l='MpServer', x=41.44, y=55.00, z=79.34], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1917112, l='MpServer', x=52.50, y=50.00, z=92.50], EntitySquid['Squid'/1877031, l='MpServer', x=60.41, y=45.66, z=119.81], EntitySquid['Squid'/1877029, l='MpServer', x=79.47, y=48.00, z=133.59], EntityCreeper['Creeper'/1926800, l='MpServer', x=100.91, y=19.00, z=42.91], EntityItem['item.item.sulphur'/1952864, l='MpServer', x=78.91, y=21.13, z=64.78], EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/1919421, l='MpServer', x=24.50, y=28.00, z=185.50]]
Retry entities: 0 total; []
Server brand: fml,forge
Server type: Integrated singleplayer server
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72914_a(WorldClient.java:373)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71396_d(Minecraft.java:2433)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:908)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launchWithMainClass(OneSixLauncher.java:286)
at org.multimc.onesix.OneSixLauncher.launch(OneSixLauncher.java:376)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.listen(EntryPoint.java:165)
at org.multimc.EntryPoint.main(EntryPoint.java:54)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.10.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_67, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 557925688 bytes (532 MB) / 1148715008 bytes (1095 MB) up to 1908932608 bytes (1820 MB)
JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:permSize=128m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 1, tcache: 18, allocated: 12, tallocated: 94
FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.85.1240 Minecraft Forge 10.13.2.1240 41 mods loaded, 41 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
FML{7.10.85.1240} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1240-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Forge{10.13.2.1240} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1240-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
appliedenergistics2-core{rv2-alpha-29} [AppliedEnergistics2 Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
CodeChickenCore{1.0.4.29} [CodeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
<CoFH ASM>{000} [CoFH ASM Data Initialization] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
<DragonAPI ASM>{0} [DragonAPI ASM Data Initialization] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
NotEnoughItems{1.0.3.73} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.3.73-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
appliedenergistics2{rv2-alpha-29} [Applied Energistics 2] (appliedenergistics2-rv2-alpha-29.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ChickenChunks{1.3.4.14} [ChickenChunks] (ChickenChunks-1.7.10-1.3.4.14-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ForgeMultipart{1.1.0.314} [Forge Multipart] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0.314-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
MrTJPCoreMod{1.0} [MrTJPCoreMod] (MrTJPCore-1.7.10-1.0.3.5-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ProjRed|Core{4.5.8.59} [ProjectRed] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.8.59-Base.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Mantle{1.7.10-0.3.2.jenkins184} [Mantle] (Mantle-1.7.10-0.3.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
CoFHCore{1.7.10R3.0.0B8} [CoFH Core] (CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.0.0B8-36.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ThermalFoundation{1.7.10R1.0.0B3} [Thermal Foundation] (ThermalFoundation-[1.7.10]1.0.0B3-8.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ThermalExpansion{1.7.10R4.0.0B6} [Thermal Expansion] (ThermalExpansion-[1.7.10]4.0.0B6-16.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
Waila{1.5.5} [Waila] (Waila-1.5.5_1.7.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
TConstruct{1.7.10-1.7.1.build771} [Tinkers' Construct] (TConstruct-1.7.10-1.7.1c.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
DragonAPI{1.0} [DragonAPI] (DragonAPI 1.7.10 V2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ChromatiCraft{Alpha} [ChromatiCraft] (ChromatiCraft 1.7.10 V2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
RotaryCraft{Gamma} [RotaryCraft] (RotaryCraft 1.7.10 V2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ElectriCraft{beta} [ElectriCraft] (ElectriCraft 1.7.10 V2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
EnderStorage{1.4.5.26} [EnderStorage] (EnderStorage-1.7.10-1.4.5.26-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ExpandedRedstone{Gamma} [Expanded Redstone] (ExpandedRedstone 1.7.10 V2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
funkylocomotion{1.0} [Funky Locomotion] (funky-locomotion-1.7.10-beta-3.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
GeoStrata{Gamma} [GeoStrata] (GeoStrata 1.7.10 V2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ProjRed|Integration{4.5.8.59} [ProjectRed-Integration] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.8.59-Integration.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ProjRed|Transmission{4.5.8.59} [ProjectRed-Transmission] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.8.59-Integration.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ProjRed|Illumination{4.5.8.59} [ProjectRed-Illumination] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.8.59-Lighting.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ProjRed|Expansion{4.5.8.59} [ProjectRed-Expansion] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.8.59-Mechanical_beta.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ProjRed|Transportation{4.5.8.59} [ProjectRed-Transportation] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.8.59-Mechanical_beta.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ProjRed|Exploration{4.5.8.59} [ProjectRed-Exploration] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.8.59-World.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ReactorCraft{beta} [ReactorCraft] (ReactorCraft 1.7.10 V2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
RedstoneArsenal{1.7.10R1.1.0RC1} [Redstone Arsenal] (RedstoneArsenal-[1.7.10]1.1.0RC1-19.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
rftools{2.00beta4} [RFTools] (rftools-2.00beta4.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
TiCTooltips{1.1.11b} [TiC Tooltips] (TiCTooltips-mc1.7.10-1.1.11b.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
TMechworks{1.7.10-86.e500b88} [Tinkers' Mechworks] (TMechworks-1.7.10-0.2.10.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
McMultipart{1.1.0.314} [Minecraft Multipart Plugin] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0.314-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
aobd{2.3.5} [Another One Bites The Dust] (AOBD-2.3.5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
ForgeMicroblock{1.1.0.314} [Forge Microblocks] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.0.314-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available
AE2 Version: alpha rv2-alpha-29 for Forge 10.13.2.1230
Mantle Environment: Environment healthy.
TConstruct Environment: Environment healthy.
AE2 Integration: IC2:OFF, RotaryCraft:ON, RC:OFF, BC:OFF, MJ6:ON, MJ5:ON, RF:ON, RFItem:ON, MFR:OFF, DSU:ON, FZ:OFF, FMP:ON, RB:OFF, CLApi:OFF, Waila:ON, InvTweaks:OFF, NEI:ON, CraftGuide:OFF, Mekanism:OFF, ImmibisMicroblocks:OFF, BetterStorage:OFF
Launched Version: 1.7.10
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M OpenGL Engine GL version 2.1 NVIDIA-10.0.43 310.41.05f01, NVIDIA Corporation
GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using framebuffer objects because ARB_framebuffer_object is supported and separate blending is supported.
Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 16.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: []
Current Language: English (US)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)

When I logged back in, I was in the Overworld, still standing halfway in the matter transmitter (and receiver), but was not teleported immediately. The transmitter still had a yellow bean, but refused to teleport me, even if I stepped out and back in, and the dialer showed it as not dialed. Dialing it to the receiver next to it showed a green beam and worked fine (and teleported me a couple times before I could get out); re-dialing it to the dimension showed a yellow beam and worked fine.

Upon teleporting back, stepping out of the transmitter beam before it could teleport me again caused no trouble. Following this, Minecraft suddenly decided to start loading both dimensions nearly instantaneously, so I can't quite exactly repeat the situation the caused the above crash. Holding W through the whole teleportation and dirtscreen did not crash, but when I returned to the Overworld, Minecraft did not seem to register that I was still trying to walk. I therefore got teleported again right away.

I still consider the thing where you always land on the corner of the matter receiver to be a bug. Knowing what I do about Minecraft code, I'm guessing that fixing it so that you land squarely on the center of the matter receiver would be as simple as adding 0.5 to the x and z coordinates of the player.

Huh... It looks like the dimension isn't consuming any RF at all while I'm in the Overworld. However, it does consume RF while either I'm in the dimension, or if I place a chunkloader there and return to the Overworld. I don't mind this behavior (it's obviously intentional, so I won't call it a bug), but it's what I would expect out of a dimension with a tab in the Tier 3 Dimension Builder that I described in my suggestion above. I guess one problem with that suggestion is what happens when a dimension has two tabs in two different tiers of builders?

Constructing another dimension identical to that netherrack island except for a single digit dimlet produced an entirely different netherrack island, so that fix works. Also, on both islands, the spawn platform was right on the ground (y-level 62 in the first dimension, 60 in the second), not above it or below, so I guess your sanitization fix worked.

This arrow that I picked up off the ground seems to work as a wrench on your machines. Not certain what's up with that.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Ok, Beta 4 Testing Results, after installing several of Reika's mods, Funky Locomotion, ProjectRed, and deleting both RFTools config files:

Island world types and materials certainly work. However, biomes still don't. I'm also getting ChromatiCraft pylons showing up here and there floating at y=0 well away from the island itself, but I did notice that Reika pushed an update a day or two ago, so that might've been fixed from his end. I'm also getting positive effects from the Chromaticraft crystals strewn around this netherrack island, which feels a little weird, seeing as when I usually see ChromatiCraft strwen around netherrack, I'm in the Nether, so they give negative effects. However, I don't think there's much that can be done there from your end. Also, Reika pushed an update to all of his mods a day or two ago, so these issues might've already been fixed. I'll check sometime.

The ChromatiCraft pylons and tinkers construct islands actually also appear in Mystcraft void ages so I think this is actually something that has to be 'fixed' with those other mods. I think Reika will prevent chromaticraft pylons from spawning in anything but the overworld in his latest V3 release but I haven't tested that.

What do you mean exactly by 'biomes' don't work? It is still the case that you can only specify one biome though. Is that what you mean?

I managed to place the matter transmitter and reciever in the Overworld such that, when I teleported back from the dimension, I ended up right back on the transmitter, and shortly afterward, back in the netherrack island dimension. So I thought, "Ok, I'll hold W as I teleport back, so I'll walk off the transmitter before I get teleported again."

I'll investigate this crash.

I still consider the thing where you always land on the corner of the matter receiver to be a bug. Knowing what I do about Minecraft code, I'm guessing that fixing it so that you land squarely on the center of the matter receiver would be as simple as adding 0.5 to the x and z coordinates of the player.

Ah yes, I forgot about that. That's fairly easy to fix and will do it right away so I no longer forget :)

Huh... It looks like the dimension isn't consuming any RF at all while I'm in the Overworld. However, it does consume RF while either I'm in the dimension, or if I place a chunkloader there and return to the Overworld. I don't mind this behavior (it's obviously intentional, so I won't call it a bug), but it's what I would expect out of a dimension with a tab in the Tier 3 Dimension Builder that I described in my suggestion above. I guess one problem with that suggestion is what happens when a dimension has two tabs in two different tiers of builders?

Yes it is intended. I didn't implement tiered dimension builders yet and haven't decided if I want to do that or not.

This arrow that I picked up off the ground seems to work as a wrench on your machines. Not certain what's up with that.

Huh?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Ok, I got an idea on how to do the 'tiered dimension builder'. I will change it so that by default dimensions consume power all the time. However, if you craft a new block called the 'Dimension Checker' or something like that (have to come up with a good name) and place that anywhere in your dimension then the dimension builder will detect that and no longer consume power if the dimension is not active (i.e. to get the current behaviour back). That way there is not the problem of multiple dimension builders with different tiers.

To craft this new block you will need dimensional shards so it is not something you can make right away.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I just implemented a much nicer and easier to understand and control rarity distribution algorithm. Note that this rarity distribution depends on the total number of dimlets and that in turn depends on the total number of biomes, liquids and so on. So balancing this nicely is hard given that different people use different mods and will have a different number of dimlets. So finding the ideal config is left up to the modmaker. By default the chances of getting a diamond block dimlet (the rarest dimlet that there is) is (with the mods that I used for testing, TE, EnderIO, Extra Utilities):

• The dimlet researcher only has a 1 in 26000 chance of returning this dimlet.
  • The dimlet scrambler has (at best) 1 in 1100 chance of returning this dimlet but that's only if you feed it three other top-rarity dimlets (the rarity of the output dimlet depends on the rarity of the input dimlets)
  • The three rare dimlets hanging in an item frame in the dimlet dungeons have a 1 in 800 chance of returning this dimlet. But finding those dungeons is actually pretty rare in itself.

The new system basically works as follows. First there are six rarity classes going from 0 (very common) to 5 (very rare). By default these rarities are associated with the following numbers (can be changed in config of course):

• 0: 250.0
  • 1: 150.0
  • 2: 90.0
  • 3: 40.0
  • 4: 20.0
  • 5: 1.0
What this basically means is that rarity 5 dimlets are 250 times as rare as rarity 0 dimlets. If you want to make diamond blocks even more rare then you just increase the range of these numbers (for example, going from 500 to 1). Note that with the above distribution you already have only 1 in 26000 chance of a diamond block dimlet.

All other rarities in the config file are now expressed in one of the above six values.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
What do you mean exactly by 'biomes' don't work? It is still the case that you can only specify one biome though. Is that what you mean?
I specified the Desert Biome dimlet (and only that biome), and (according to the F3 debug HUD, it wasn't easy to see the biomes themselves on an island made of netherrack) I got an Overworld-like mixture of biomes. I don't remember which ones, exactly, but I think Roofed Forest was there, and certainly no Desert.

I had a arrow in my hand (a skeleton dropped it, and I had been using it to fix the random dark spots under overhangs (fairly sure those are Vanilla bugs, by the way) because I had blocks in most of my other hotbar slots, and I didn't want to place random blocks everywhere), and when I clicked one of your machines, it rotated the machine instead of opening the GUI. It might've been some other mod that adds arrows to the list of wrenches (because the author didn't want to add yet another wrench item, but still wanted other mods' wrenches to work on their machines), so I don't know if there's anything that can be done from your end. It's a pretty minor bug, in any case.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I specified the Desert Biome dimlet (and only that biome), and (according to the F3 debug HUD, it wasn't easy to see the biomes themselves on an island made of netherrack) I got an Overworld-like mixture of biomes. I don't remember which ones, exactly, but I think Roofed Forest was there, and certainly no Desert.

I had a arrow in my hand (a skeleton dropped it, and I had been using it to fix the random dark spots under overhangs (fairly sure those are Vanilla bugs, by the way) because I had blocks in most of my other hotbar slots, and I didn't want to place random blocks everywhere), and when I clicked one of your machines, it rotated the machine instead of opening the GUI. It might've been some other mod that adds arrows to the list of wrenches (because the author didn't want to add yet another wrench item, but still wanted other mods' wrenches to work on their machines), so I don't know if there's anything that can be done from your end. It's a pretty minor bug, in any case.

I fixed a problem with biome selection which might have caused your biome error.

I cannot reproduce the arrow==wrench problem. For me, an arrow just behaves like an arrow. Very strange.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Just letting you know that I'm having a lot of fun:

m1jCsaz.png

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Just made a world out of glass. You can see bedrock! I'm not sure what to do with this feature (using glass as a worldgen block). Worldgen is awful (it has to calculate some stuff for removing the internal faces of connecting glass I suppose) but performance is pretty good after the world has been generated and it looks cool. I guess people can blacklist the block if they want:

U3O7ve6.png

Reactions: Golrith

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I have an idea for the glass material feature. I like to be able to use this as a feature for your landscape (also to make glass tendrils) but I will disallow it from randomly being selected. i.e. you will never get glass material randomly but only if you specify it (for landscape that is. For tendrils I will allow it to appear randomly as the overhead isn't as big for those).

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Looking good! I once made a glass superflat world, so I could set off lots of nukes at once without lagging my computer to death with all the dropped items.

And besides, that glass world looks really cool. I would totally build a base there... if having to get sand from another dimension to replace any blocks I broke doesn't drive me nuts. Hmm... Can ore veins be made of materials other than ores?

Also, could be interesting when combined with ore veins. Hack-free X-ray resource pack, anyone?