[Poll] Do you use Gregtech?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Do you use gregtech?

• Total voters

TheAtomicOption

Jul 29, 2019
I hated GT at first because it fucked up all the IC2 progression. I got used to the slower progression, but now I hate it because when there's a complete recipe overhaul with new machines and shit (like FTB Ultimate recently experienced) the only thing in the patch notes is "changed a bunch of recipes". FUCKING DOCUMENT! Fuck! Also, when you read the gregtech wiki and FAQ he comes off as a complete asshole. No tact whatsoever.

Reactions: kilteroff

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, yeah .. the lack of documentation is kinda annoying. Like the recent change to the way fusion reactors work; that's a pretty complex overhaul.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Also, when you read the gregtech wiki and FAQ he comes off as a complete asshole. No tact whatsoever.

This. Every single word he writes is just dripping with derision for his peers, and users. He's a troll, fuck him and his mod.[DOUBLEPOST=1369865007][/DOUBLEPOST]When I spoke to KL at pax, the topic of gt came up (I don't recall why) and KL had nothing but nice things to say, Dude is all class. Meanwhile Greg talks his endless shit and pumps his mod while POINTEDLY saying his crap is superior to others work.

ECrownofFire

Jul 29, 2019
I hate Greg's ideas of balance, difficulty, and fun. GT is only "hard" because it takes fucking forever to do anything interesting. I contrast it with TerraFirmaCraft. TFC takes a long time to do stuff, but only because it actually takes skill and knowledge to do them, and they are actually difficult! I love mining in TFC, the support beams and prospector's pick alone add so much to the experience. It does not take any skill or knowledge to slog through GT, only time, and lots of it.

GT takes the sandbox of Minecraft and gives you a rock instead. It tells you to grind down that rock into sand until you finally have enough to fill a shoe box, and then that will be your new sandbox.

[/rant]

But seriously, I turn some bullshit into easy mode, but not all. I do agree that SOME things need to be harder, but I like to have fun building stuff, not waiting for my tenth quarry to finish to FINALLY have enough resources to build whatever it is.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I hate Greg's ideas of balance, difficulty, and fun. GT is only "hard" because it takes fucking forever to do anything interesting. I contrast it with TerraFirmaCraft. TFC takes a long time to do stuff, but only because it actually takes skill and knowledge to do them, and they are actually difficult! I love mining in TFC, the support beams and prospector's pick alone add so much to the experience. It does not take any skill or knowledge to slog through GT, only time, and lots of it.

GT takes the sandbox of Minecraft and gives you a rock instead. It tells you to grind down that rock into sand until you finally have enough to fill a shoe box, and then that will be your new sandbox.

[/rant]

But seriously, I turn some bullshit into easy mode, but not all. I do agree that SOME things need to be harder, but I like to have fun building stuff, not waiting for my tenth quarry to finish to FINALLY have enough resources to build whatever it is.

Not all of GregTech is like that. As far as I have seen, the most time-consuming part is gathering chrome dust from redstone, which is easily done while you're out doing other stuff.

Some things are completely unnecessary and stupid though, like making storage blocks require a compressor.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
I use GT. I kinda like it. I do normally disable to hard recipes - in my opinion, making something longer to get doesn't make it more challenge, just more boring. That said, I do like the multiblock structures, I like the electrolyzer and the centrifuge.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
i heard someone mention he was removing enchants and making flint and steel use steel next patch

I also heard that GT will kill all your home pets. He added an option to remove recipe for enchanting table some time ago, but it is off by default (TBH with TConstruct or Dartcraft enchanting table isn't really needed). Yes, flint and steel require steel now (in 1.5), but GT adds a lot of steel in dungeon loot, RC similarly. When you want to go to nether you will probably already have it, if you want to rush it you can for example use lava to start a fire, which will light the portal up, with TC3 create firecharge, buy it from villager, with Ars Magica make firebolt spell.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Does gregtech not remove enchanting?
i heard someone mention he was removing enchants and making flint and steel use steel next patch

The only enchantment he is planing on removing is the ability to enchant power tools. The logic is they already have a sort of enchantment effect built into them. But I do not know of when he plans on doing this or how high it is on his to do list.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
The only enchantment he is planing on removing is the ability to enchant power tools. The logic is they already have a sort of enchantment effect built into them. But I do not know of when he plans on doing this or how high it is on his to do list.
I thought it was IC2 itself that was doing this. If it's not, and is actually Greg, then he's just got a wee bit more respect from me :) good man Greggory!

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
You actually can disable Enchanting entirely in GregTech if you want to but it's not enabled by default.