[Poll] Do you prefer TE or IC2? Why?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Which Do You Prefer?

• Total voters

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. An IDSU is portable power. It's like the EU version of a tesseract that holds 1Billion EU (Too bad it can only output 2kEU/t though.)

I do not understand how that my reply is an "exactly" reply possibility. A remote charging solution is going to be GREATLY cheaper than an IDSU (you can make a remote charging system within your first day of playing easily), whereas an IDSU is an endgame project at the earliest.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
However MPS still can't compete with speed of quantum leggings on ice, you can even add speed potion for extra HAYO. I don't think there is any faster way to travel, excluding teleportation.

Well, with a max upgraded MPS leggings you run + jump 150 blocks in 1.5 seconds (with max jump and speed and no more than 25 kg in total), that is 100 flying blocks a second if you have the jetpack upgrade.

And for energy I just use 2 HV capacitors at 10 M J and 20 kg both, I could add another one at like 4.99 kg so I don't slow down at all, but is waaaaay more energy that what I will ever need, even with armor and power tools set at max energy usage.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Well, with a max upgraded MPS leggings you run + jump 150 blocks in 1.5 seconds (with max jump and speed and no more than 25 kg in total), that is 100 flying blocks a second if you have the jetpack upgrade.

And for energy I just use 2 HV capacitors at 10 M J and 20 kg both, I could add another one at like 4.99 kg so I don't slow down at all, but is waaaaay more energy that what I will ever need, even with armor and power tools set at max energy usage.

What version of MPS are you using? Before revision 50 jumping and flying were really fast, but it got fixed.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry too much, it is still very fast (just not silly) and better (IMO) then gravisuite. It also adds solar helmet functionality, walk speed boost and a couple other fun things.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Remind me never to update.

As far as I know flying isn't slowed down if you use the runspeed boost. What has gone up, it seems, is how costly flight is. You need another 4.99kg HV capacitor to really compete dead on with a gravity suit.

DRH1469

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry too much, it is still very fast (just not silly) and better (IMO) then gravisuite. It also adds solar helmet functionality, walk speed boost and a couple other fun things.
Yip, better than the Gravisuit, easer to craft, with more mode possibilities

DRH1469

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know flying isn't slowed down if you use the runspeed boost. What has gone up, it seems, is how costly flight is. You need another 4.99kg HV capacitor to really compete dead on with a gravity suit.
Ohh, never knew

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
well, then is still 100 m/s with no jetpack/flying boots...

holly crap now that I see 100 m/s is freaking fast.