[Poll] Do you prefer TE or IC2? Why?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Which Do You Prefer?

• Total voters

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Haha... crops are the only IC2 thing I still use, I swear by them and push all new players towards them. I actually have a sign by the spawn farm "taters + crops = food solved"

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but potatoes by themselves solve all "food" problems, as they're an extremely good food source. That said, it's a whole lot easier to just make a wheat farm.

Well, I got what I asked for: advanced jetpack,

Lappack + jetpack. The dream of my life.

Well, the only reason I won't remove IC2 I guess.

Wait... wait wait wait wait, tell me more about this. Where is the advanced jetpack? Why don't I have fifteen on order? Why is it always cloudy‽

I don't see anything mentioned about it anywhere, so are you talking about the gravichestplate perhaps?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but potatoes by themselves solve all "food" problems, as they're an extremely good food source. That said, it's a whole lot easier to just make a wheat farm.

Wait... wait wait wait wait, tell me more about this. Where is the advanced jetpack? Why don't I have fifteen on order? Why is it always cloudy‽

I don't see anything mentioned about it anywhere, so are you talking about the gravichestplate perhaps?

new advanced jetpack (+ new vajra mode and a new gravitool) in the latest gravitation suite IC2 addon update: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=6915

for the lazy:

- energy storage 1 000 000 eu.
- can charge at MFE, MFSU
- overlocked engine - max height now limit to 256 ! (energy consumption 50% more than standart Electric Jetpack)
- supplies with energy your electrotool (as drill, saw, laser and etc..)
- can enable and disable jetpack engine for your convenience ("Fly" key)
- boost mode (energy consumption x5 more)
- visual indication of charge state and work mode (you can change work mode by shift "Space bar" and press "Mode key" )

never EVER think that IC2 adds something new, NEVER. (thats why I want to remove it in first place, but the new advanced jetpack changed my mind).

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
new advanced jetpack (+ new vajra mode and a new gravitool) in the latest gravitation suite IC2 addon update: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=6915

for the lazy:

- overlocked engine - max height now limit to 256 ! (energy consumption 50% more than standart Electric Jetpack)
- visual indication of charge state and work mode (you can change work mode by shift "Space bar" and press "Mode key" )

never EVER think that IC2 adds something new, NEVER. (thats why I want to remove it in first place, but the new advanced jetpack changed my mind).

Oh gods.... I need new pants.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Oh gods.... I need new pants.

I was always complaining how or you have a jetpack changing all the time with a lappack, or you get a gravisuit.

And my dreams came true now... besides that it doesn't work with MJ of TE (like MPS)

back on topic: IC2 just updates to keep up to date to the minecraft version, never adds new stuff. Thats why I prefer TE over IC2.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I was always complaining how or you have a jetpack changing all the time with a lappack, or you get a gravisuit.

And my dreams came true now... besides that it doesn't work with MJ of TE (like MPS)

I set up a remote charging system specifically because the jetpack goes through power faster than a rouge rogue start runs rapidly spiralward. If you keep a spare in your ender pouch, your downtime is minimal.

But being able to charge the bloody thing at MFSU speed (you can charge it IN an MFSU now, but it charges at batbox speed [sloooooooooooooow]), being able to go up to 256, and being able to turn it off is wonderful. I could really live without it charging my tools though, as I enchanted my advanced diamond drill and it's WAY too fast as-is. But I'll take it over the alternative.

Sounds like a less powerful GraviChest. The GraviTool looks great tho.

That's the point? Currently, in regards to chestplates, you start out making an electric jetpack (maybe leather armor, and possibly iron armor if you want to waste resources). Then you keep that same electric jetpack for the entire game (or make new ones as you die, as need be) until you get enough materials to make a gravichestplate. The nano and quantum chestplates don't give you the ability to fly, so they are entirely useless in most situations (and the few where they are useful are fairly limited, such as when fighting withers and the like).

For boots, leggings, and helmet, you can do a bunch of different things (boots maybe not so much if you want unlimited fall damage) such as starting with leather, then going to iron, then steel (lasts longer, looks nicer), then nano, then finally quantum.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Hell naw, longfall all the way.

Or BOtT if you feel fancy.

Boots of the Traveler with feather fall three (or is four the highest? Eh, one of those surely), haste, and a coconut (optional, but it adds to the flavor of the dish, stir well over a medium flame) and you've got some fairly good boots. I wonder, can they support the repair enchantment? Otherwise just buy them at Costco/Sam's Club by the pallet.

That'll be my plan whenever I can get around to Thaumcrafting.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

for the lazy:

They had to update it. A few mods are on the landscape that add assisted travel. You can make a strong argument that MPS renders Gravisuite's suit and new jetpack obsolete in DW20 (and minecrack, I've heard?). And there are rumors thaumcraft is going to get better travel tools soon too.

DRH1469

Jul 29, 2019
Boots of the Traveler with feather fall three (or is four the highest? Eh, one of those surely), haste, and a coconut (optional, but it adds to the flavor of the dish, stir well over a medium flame) and you've got some fairly good boots. I wonder, can they support the repair enchantment? Otherwise just buy them at Costco/Sam's Club by the pallet.

That'll be my plan whenever I can get around to Thaumcrafting.

BOtT can get repair, BTW

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
They had to update it. A few mods are on the landscape that add assisted travel. You can make a strong argument that MPS renders Gravisuite's suit and new jetpack obsolete in DW20 (and minecrack, I've heard?). And there are rumors thaumcraft is going to get better travel tools soon too.

MPS is better than the quantum suit, in the boots and leggings, but not better than the gravi suite nor the jetpack, neither the new one (is more expensive and not that fast). And yes, thaumcraft will have a flying carpet.

Hell naw, longfall all the way.

Or BOtT if you feel fancy.

MPS boots with max fall protection (no idea the exact name) is basically the same, but uses energy instead of diamonds.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
MPS boots with max fall protection (no idea the exact name) is basically the same, but uses energy instead of diamonds.

But if your boots are low on power, you're going to end up dying from a fall you would have survived with the longfall boots/full power in your boots. Which means what we need are inventory-based batteries that can automatically charge our suits.

And while we're at it, MPS Mk. 2s that are the size of iron golems, and them MPS Mk. 3 which are ten blocks tall so I can get my Wildcat on! Don't mind me, I'll just tangent in my bunker where it is safe.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
MPS is better than the quantum suit, in the boots and leggings, but not better than the gravi suite nor the jetpack

High-end MPS systems are faster than boosted Gravisuits and negate as much damage (all of it). They have similar endurance and superior utility (although they cannot cancel status effects like a quantum helmet can; it hardly matters). They also have a a similar shared energy mechanic for tools. The only tool that outclasses what's possible with MPS from that pack is the Vajra.

If you have MPS, there is no reason to ever build a gravisuit except for the achievement unlocked part of it. You'd only ever build the quantum helmet and maybe the chestplate (gregtech needs that for a fusion reactor, right?)

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Without EE3, Tesseracts are pretty expensive. ;)
Expensive like a Mercedes. But you put a Mercedes pricetag on the Batmobile.

But if your boots are low on power, you're going to end up dying from a fall you would have survived with the longfall boots/full power in your boots. Which means what we need are inventory-based batteries that can automatically charge our suits.
The MPS power is expandable. Just shove more/bigger capacitors in there.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
MPS does not stop withering or poison, but when I get them, it doesn't damage me (with max forcefield emitter)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
The MPS power is expandable. Just shove more/bigger capacitors in there.

Oooh, excellent! Is there a limit, then, at all, or am I able to have more capacitors than my brother's Dodge Neon with his big old 15" sub in the back (the trunk destroyer, as it is known around the Christmas time table)?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh, excellent! Is there a limit, then, at all, or am I able to have more capacitors than my brother's Dodge Neon with his big old 15" sub in the back (the trunk destroyer, as it is known around the Christmas time table)?

The limit is weight. Pragmatically I think right now the max power you can carry at once without suffering serious side effects is just under 15 MJ. This is 2.5 HV capacitors. If you do this, nothing else can have weight so you're reliant on forcefields for all your armor, and you will need about 4 (although one runs at partial capacity) force field generators to max your armor, or 3 to have protection equivalent to a nanosuit.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
The limit is weight. Pragmatically I think right now the max power you can carry at once without suffering serious side effects is just under 15 MJ. This is 2.5 HV capacitors. If you do this, nothing else can have weight so you're reliant on forcefields for all your armor, and you will need about 4 (although one runs at partial capacity) force field generators to max your armor, or 3 to have protection equivalent to a nanosuit.

Mm, so when you have more weight, you slow down, right? And you cannot just get around that by having more power? That is too bad, as it'd be amusing if, at some point, you could power a suit enough that it could be massively heavy whilst still able to move extremely fast.... For a few minutes at least before you were forced to move at speeds snails would find offensive.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
However MPS still can't compete with speed of quantum leggings on ice, you can even add speed potion for extra HAYO. I don't think there is any faster way to travel, excluding teleportation.