[Poll] Do you prefer TE or IC2? Why?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Which Do You Prefer?

• Total voters

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Mm, so when you have more weight, you slow down, right? And you cannot just get around that by having more power? That is too bad, as it'd be amusing if, at some point, you could power a suit enough that it could be massively heavy whilst still able to move extremely fast.... For a few minutes at least before you were forced to move at speeds snails would find offensive.

You can go above the 25kg weight limit and use the legs to give yourself haste, but it'll lower your base speed. So the going beyond that power storage means you sacrifice mobility. You could chose to do that, I don't. I use Xeno's Reliquary wraith eyes and nodes at my dimensional entry points as a way to conserve power and provide an emergency out. I have a portal gun now too, so I can use that.

MPS's recent versions have a ton of balancing work. You must give up some mobility on land to have something as durable as a gravity suit as I see it right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1361992464][/DOUBLEPOST]
However MPS still can't compete with speed of quantum leggings on ice, you can even add speed potion for extra HAYO. I don't think there is any faster way to travel, excluding teleportation.

This is a layer cake of not true, iced with misconceptions. I'll let you join my server, give you anything you want, and we'll race. If you can outrun my MPS with your gravity suit I'll give you a gilded silver internet. :) As far as I know, the gating factor on my system's speed is my server's ability to generate new chunks.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
However MPS still can't compete with speed of quantum leggings on ice, you can even add speed potion for extra HAYO. I don't think there is any faster way to travel, excluding teleportation.

Are you in the habit of keeping ice all over your base to give yourself the ability to travel a bit faster?

If so, I believe it is time for an intervention.

You can go above the 25kg weight limit and use the legs to give yourself haste, but it'll lower your base speed. So the going beyond that power storage means you sacrifice mobility. You could chose to do that, I don't. I use Xeno's Reliquary wraith eyes and nodes at my dimensional entry points as a way to conserve power and provide an emergency out. I have a portal gun now too, so I can use that.

MPS's recent versions have a ton of balancing work. You must give up some mobility on land to have something as durable as a gravity suit as I see it right now.
Yeah, the heat system looks especially awesome! And it might be nice to have a hyper-powered suit for when you need to be extremely fast on land, and another suit for building, and a suit for combat... So many suits. Hopefully they add preset fitting slots.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I have cart network to help me travel, but I plan to add ice tracks to more used places. I prefer to build wide, there is no point in having my wheat farm chunkloaded if I have a barrel of mulch.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I have cart network to help me travel, but I plan to add ice tracks to more used places. I prefer to build wide, there is no point in having my wheat farm chunkloaded if I have a barrel of mulch.

Pfff, mystcraft linking books, you slowpokes. I'm at the point where I am setting up subnexuses for each of my main ages in my main nexus age to link to different parts of the age. I've got a link modifier, but I enjoy going into my nexus age to use it (I'll likely switch to in-age subnexuses for everyone else who is NOT the server host's usage).

Archina

Jul 29, 2019
Also, for those asking for a portable recharge unit, Have you ever considered keeping an AESU and a fully charged Lapatronic Energyorb? It's like carrying an MFSU with you at all times!

Either that or just keep an IDSU with you like I have done on my complete world. Just be sure to keep a lossless wrench too or else you might be in a bit of trouble.

DRH1469

Jul 29, 2019
Pfff, mystcraft linking books, you slowpokes. I'm at the point where I am setting up subnexuses for each of my main ages in my main nexus age to link to different parts of the age. I've got a link modifier, but I enjoy going into my nexus age to use it (I'll likely switch to in-age subnexuses for everyone else who is NOT the server host's usage).

I WOULD do that, if only I could use the books without going to age 17403728!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Also, for those asking for a portable recharge unit, Have you ever considered keeping an AESU and a fully charged Lapatronic Energyorb? It's like carrying an MFSU with you at all times!

Either that or just keep an IDSU with you like I have done on my complete world. Just be sure to keep a lossless wrench too or else you might be in a bit of trouble.

I'd likely be better to just carry an MFSU and lapatronic energy orb (if that is what they call those blue crystals that I just think of as "blue energy crystals" or "lapcrystals") because of the lower cost.

But it is EVEN EASIER to just build a remote charging system! Seriously now, I don't get how the heck people don't think of it because it was the first thing I made that was more complicated than a pressure plate in front of a door.

I installed Advanced Power Management to give me access to the charging bench, which makes it even easier. But even without it, it really is NOT too hard up such a system.

Sure, carry about a mobile power station and power source. Maybe a few power sources, even. When those run out, I'll still be remotely charging my (not yet advanced) jetpack remotely. Forever.

I WOULD do that, if only I could use the books without going to age 17403728!
Now THAT sounds strange indeed. Post over in the mystcraft forum and see if they can help out?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I am reading up on it ATM, I always forgot a linking book, I lost my home world because of that!

Carry a spare with you at all times. That way, if you forget, you'll have a spare. Also, carry a few in an ender pouch, and bring that with you at all times. And get the star fissure symbol, and use it in EVERY age. Also, if you have OP rights, you can use "/tpx <USERNAME> 0" if you are truly stuck and want to become unstuck.

DRH1469

Jul 29, 2019
Carry a spare with you at all times. That way, if you forget, you'll have a spare. Also, carry a few in an ender pouch, and bring that with you at all times. And get the star fissure symbol, and use it in EVERY age. Also, if you have OP rights, you can use "/tpx <USERNAME> 0" if you are truly stuck and want to become unstuck.
Enderpouches are awesome! I have never thought of that, *smacks himself*

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Enderpouches are awesome! I have never thought of that, *smacks himself*

You should have at least one ender pouch on you at all times for usage as your "main pouch". Use this to store other pouches, and, as needed, other things such as canvas bags, spare jetpacks, spare tools, food, etc.

You should never have a full inventory from standard play.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

I didn't make a farm of ages before it was all but impossible to get pages. I've been through _26_ villages now. Not a single page or page trader to be found. This new system rules.

But yeah of course for places you've already been, books and gates and portals.

DRH1469

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't make a farm of ages before it was all but impossible to get pages. I've been through _26_ villages now. Not a single page or page trader to be found. This new system rules.

I have a preset up world my our Whitelist server owner, I have found a total of 16 pages!

P.S It's a dense ore world, with no side effects

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

Don't think mystcraft villagers spawn during worldgen. They are bred. Villagers spawned in worldgen are tied to the buildings, and there isn't a mystcraft village building like there is for Apiarists or Thaumcraft.

I also found a page in a jungle temple (along with a 800+ node) and yet another portal gun.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Don't think mystcraft villagers spawn during worldgen. They are bred. Villagers spawned in worldgen are tied to the buildings, and there isn't a mystcraft village building like there is for Apiarists or Thaumcraft.

I also found a page in a jungle temple (along with a 800+ node) and yet another portal gun.

Pretty sure that's false because I was testing last night in my new superpack and found worldgen'd mystcraft villagers and pages. I know it was worldgen because it was the first thing I saw upon creating the world; spawn was a huge village.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

I'll be nuking all current notebooks when we switch to the new MystCraft, so I'll have to suffer a bit as well. What about spamming new ages to try and find mystcraft pregen structures? Also, I wonder if pages are injected into the standard dungeon loot pile. If so, you may be able to find them in thaumcraft altars.

Ah, this answers my question, then. Thanks!

DRH1469

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure that's false because I was testing last night in my new superpack and found worldgen'd mystcraft villagers and pages. I know it was worldgen because it was the first thing I saw upon creating the world; spawn was a huge village.

Agreed, although pretty rare! I found a Thuamcraft villager, with a total of 29 ingots!
Uhh, tumon thuaminon, what ever the ingot is called

Archina

Jul 29, 2019
I'd likely be better to just carry an MFSU and lapatronic energy orb (if that is what they call those blue crystals that I just think of as "blue energy crystals" or "lapcrystals") because of the lower cost.

But it is EVEN EASIER to just build a remote charging system! Seriously now, I don't get how the heck people don't think of it because it was the first thing I made that was more complicated than a pressure plate in front of a door.

I installed Advanced Power Management to give me access to the charging bench, which makes it even easier. But even without it, it really is NOT too hard up such a system.

Sure, carry about a mobile power station and power source. Maybe a few power sources, even. When those run out, I'll still be remotely charging my (not yet advanced) jetpack remotely. Forever.

Now THAT sounds strange indeed. Post over in the mystcraft forum and see if they can help out?
Exactly. An IDSU is portable power. It's like the EU version of a tesseract that holds 1Billion EU (Too bad it can only output 2kEU/t though.)