Plugin - Clear Lag with AE OH My!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tmoflash

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I have launched a new server using DW20 1.7.10 found here and although everyone is still early game I know that Applied Energistics required some crystals that have to be made and Clear Lag will probably make them disappear (I have not tested this just an assumption). Can anyone confirm and if so does anyone know of a different plugin that can be used to avoid these items getting removed i.e. like one that does not remove items on a claim using similar method like clear lag?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Go into creative and test it. Growing crystals doesnt take that long anyway, so long as you dont "clear" stuff while they are growing I guess you will be fine. Deleting entities doesnt seem like a very good way to deal with lag but Im not supremely well versed in the technical side of things so I dunno.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
As a heads up, Pneumaticraft (and possibly Witchery?) uses a similar 'world crafting' mechanic.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I highly advise against using ClearLag on a modded server. AE2 crystals aren't the only things it'll get rid. It'll also do away with Steves Carts. You can blacklist items in the config of ClearLag, but that doesn't always work.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Some mods already provide commands for stuff like killing all mobs or all items, e.g. /cofh killall

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure clear lag has a whitelist you can add things to so that it doesn't remove them.