Please give me a solution on how to better protect myself from creepers

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
That is an awesome item! I think it might solve my problems, thank you :) . But it saves all the items I have when I die? Or just the ones I had on when I right click it the first time?

Also, I discovered that I have to get the save items gene... Time to learn Advanced Genetics then :) .

Last edited:

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
I just use a minimap with mob radar. Then creepers cant sneak up on me.

Problem solved.

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
The minimap icons are too confusing for me. Because they show all enemies, no matter the height, and when I am in a cave complex or a dungeon they are all on top of each other. Also, it feels like cheating :)

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
The minimap icons are too confusing for me. Because they show all enemies, no matter the height, and when I am in a cave complex or a dungeon they are all on top of each other. Also, it feels like cheating :)

Darker mob icons = below you, lighter/transparent mob icons = above you, normal = OMFG IT'S BEHIND YOU!

I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I love the mob radar. Cheating with the radar for me would be to show players on a pvp server :p

Has anyone even mentioned to light everything up? I find that when I get surprised by creepers is when I've moved along in a cave system, but didn't properly light up the place. Armour and spells and all that jazz is good, but like people keep saying, creeper avoidance and creeper caused deaths are a vanilla learned skill.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Darker mob icons = below you, lighter/transparent mob icons = above you, normal = OMFG IT'S BEHIND YOU!

I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I love the mob radar. Cheating with the radar for me would be to show players on a pvp server :p

Has anyone even mentioned to light everything up? I find that when I get surprised by creepers is when I've moved along in a cave system, but didn't properly light up the place. Armour and spells and all that jazz is good, but like people keep saying, creeper avoidance and creeper caused deaths are a vanilla learned skill.
As much as I dislike Vanilla Minecraft, there are countless cool tricks in it.

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014

I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I love the mob radar. Cheating with the radar for me would be to show players on a pvp server :p .

Well, the last time I died, I was "courageous", and jumped down in an unlit cave section, thinking there were only a few zombies and skeletons. And surprise, there were three or four creepers as well. Killed two, but not enough... one sneaked behind me, and that was it... I know, I made mistake, and I WILL repeat it, I am sure. That's just the way I am, sometimes careless, and that's why I need proper protection. Maybe that's because of the Shooters I sometimes play where risk sometimes pays off, while in Minecraft patience and attention are the most important skills (for example in Mass Effect, the class I enjoyed the most was the Vanguard, with Shotgun and instant teleportation into enemies - high risk high reward).

That's why I asked about proper creeper protection, and I am happy I did. Found out about a lot of very useful stuff: The Death Chest and Ocelot Genes from Adv Genetics, Witches Robes, Thaumcraft Enchanted Armor, Amulet that protects against creepers... These items exist for careless and relaxed people like me :D .

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
See, I'm a bit of a wuss and host a DW20 server for my friends who have never played modded Minecraft. I rely on the Morph mod heavily when jumping into dark pits as I always go down in bat form so if I run into a "OHSHI..." moment I can quickly fly back out :)

Maybe invest in a jetpack of some sort as well as all the armour and such? That way you can save your armour's durability as well by not taking the blasts in the first place :)

xKazlyn

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the last time I died, I was "courageous", and jumped down in an unlit cave section, thinking there were only a few zombies and skeletons. And surprise, there were three or four creepers as well. Killed two, but not enough... one sneaked behind me, and that was it... I know, I made mistake, and I WILL repeat it, I am sure. That's just the way I am, sometimes careless, and that's why I need proper protection. Maybe that's because of the Shooters I sometimes play where risk sometimes pays off, while in Minecraft patience and attention are the most important skills (for example in Mass Effect, the class I enjoyed the most was the Vanguard, with Shotgun and instant teleportation into enemies - high risk high reward).

That's why I asked about proper creeper protection, and I am happy I did. Found out about a lot of very useful stuff: The Death Chest and Ocelot Genes from Adv Genetics, Witches Robes, Thaumcraft Enchanted Armor, Amulet that protects against creepers... These items exist for careless and relaxed people like me :D .
This happened to me on a HQM world when i had 1 life left, bye bye world

Peterpeter234

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a proplem with creepers in your home, make a tesla coil so they get sapped but make sure you wont get sapped :) is the creepers are blowing u up when minig go out and build a powersuit/nano armour :)

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
Maybe invest in a jetpack of some sort as well as all the armour and such? That way you can save your armour's durability as well by not taking the blasts in the first place :)
I have just made a jetpack :) . But I am also working on getting Enderman genes for the Death chest, just in case...

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
How ironic is it that this place is called FTB forums but yet 50% of people don't use FTB?

Sent from my iPhone 96Z using some top secret Dalekslayer Inc. technology.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Because I don't agree with the switch to RF only and I will be making my own packs for 1.7 onwards.
Agreed. I will most likely not use FTB except for third party packs or things like AgS. I will most likely make my own packs. Or spend days playing TerrafirmaCraft :p

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Because I don't agree with the switch to RF only and I will be making my own packs for 1.7 onwards.

Incoming thread derailment alert: I ask this because I am generally curious.

So, in your pack, will there be a dominant power category at all?
If yes, then what would it be?
If not, then why the fuss over RF being a dominant power source in the first place?​

P.S: I am not calling you out on your opinion and trying to be d-baggy. I am generally and genuinely curious on this matter, since this whole "debate" (for lack of a better word) refuses to die out.

TBH, we can take this whole thing to a PM, as that might be better?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Incoming thread derailment alert: I ask this because I am generally curious.

So, in your pack, will there be a dominant power category at all?
If yes, then what would it be?
If not, then why the fuss over RF being a dominant power source in the first place?​

P.S: I am not calling you out on your opinion and trying to be d-baggy. I am generally and genuinely curious on this matter, since this whole "debate" (for lack of a better word) refuses to die out.

TBH, we can take this whole thing to a PM, as that might be better?
Absolutely! I'll shoot you a convo as soon as I finish going through my alerts.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I would actually like to see this as an entire thread. I don't understand the big deal about using RF as a universal power generator in mod packs. If you want something else, add it to the pack.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Yeah, I was there for that, posted in it when it was a fresh topic.. I still don't get the whole "I'm not using FTB because of RF" argument.. But enough /derail

Hope your jetpack helps!