Pleasantly surprised :D

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
If this is in the wrong topic, please guide me to where I should post it :3

So, today I was rather pleasantly surprised by my server host ClanSlots, I came to them with the question if it was possible to have my Tekkit server (What..? Don't look at me like that! D:) and turn it into an FTB server and how I could do that via my FTP access.

I was surprised when they told me, that I just needed to put in a support ticket to request the change and they would handle everything from that point.

To me, that was pretty damn amazing, since I originally thought it would be a hassle as to work with FTP clients and all to get it set up, and now they just simply do it for me.

So yes, I am quite pleasantly surprised with this and wanted to share it with the rest of the community :D

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
If this is in the wrong topic, please guide me to where I should post it :3

So, today I was rather pleasantly surprised by my server host ClanSlots, I came to them with the question if it was possible to have my Tekkit server (What..? Don't look at me like that! D:) and turn it into an FTB server and how I could do that via my FTP access.

-snip-

We don't need to discuss this any further, but I have to say that I like the fact that you are going away from Tekkit. I sincerely hope that more servers will do the same. Kudos to you!

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
:D Thanks for the information

You're very welcome :D

Well the reason might be because handling FTB is pretty easy.

Which is true, but I had not expected my server host to be aware of FTB already, let alone that they will do it all for you.

We don't need to discuss this any further, but I have to say that I like the fact that you are going away from Tekkit. I sincerely hope that more servers will do the same. Kudos to you!

I am frankly quite sure that many would, if not only for the simply fact that FTB is up to date and runs with 1.4.2 rather then Tekkit's 1.2.5

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
I am frankly quite sure that many would, if not only for the simply fact that FTB is up to date and runs with 1.4.2 rather then Tekkit's 1.2.5

Well, if anything, most will change thanks to that. Lets all hail the incompetence of Tekkit devs ;) It'll be their downfall vs FTB

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Guys we don't mind if y'all discuss Technic or Tekkit, but lets not call anyone names or be insulting to anyone.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I miss from playing tekkit is VOLCANOS!!

Oh, and marble was pretty awesome too!

Hoping redpower gets updated soon...

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I miss from playing tekkit is VOLCANOS!!

Oh, and marble was pretty awesome too!

Hoping redpower gets updated soon...

You and 90% of the people on this forum. I know I'm one of them too. Luckily, we all know it's worth the wait. =)

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
I did love volcano's, but in all honesty this topic was not about Tekkit apart from the fact I changed my Tekkit server into an FTB server.

Only took a half day for my ticket to be processed and have my old server to be deleted and and changed into a brand new, fresh, FTB server. All in all, I think I've found my new favorite server hosting.

Reactions: Vauthil

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
Have to say, i am kinda supprised too on how easy it was to get a FTB server up and running, i registered a server on creeperhost.net yesterday evening and all i had to do was upload EE3 and our map that was running from a private server at my home. And BOOM we were in business.

Now we got a whitelisted server with our choise of mods and a lot more bandwith then my puny ADSL running and we are all happy. :D