Petroleum Generator (A Forestry-esque BC/IC crossover mod)

MJRamon

Jul 29, 2019
Okey, sorry for silence. Here are updated textures. Online/offline modes, centered ports for aesthetic feeling of connected pipes/cables:
Generator Online

69ZAtfn.png

Generator Offline
MiYFeY9.png

Download here!

MJRamon

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and a suggestion: can you make back side of the machine to use side texture, so there will be only one front side? That sounds logical, I hope.

deathbyc4

Jul 29, 2019
i am aware or the bio generator, i would like the option to use the petro generator instead. i like its texture as well.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
DrCeph has a "fun blurb" in his post about damn dirty hippies and biofuel so I'd guess it's a no to that, also he was balancing this around the Forestry Biogen as an alternative to use all that damn BC oil that clogs up the world.

Reactions: DrCeph

Squigie

Jul 29, 2019
Thematically the petrogen is analogous to a combustion engine, so accepting biofuel but not biomass would be consistent. However, as the biogen accepts both, and is thus dissimilar to its engine counterpart, the current arrangement is not without precedent and a change is non-vital.

Reactions: Abdiel and SkyBoy96

deathbyc4

Jul 29, 2019
"Petrogen is similar to a combustion engine, so it could accept biofuel, not biomass. Since the biogen accepts both and is not like its engine cousin, it is not necessary."
Had to cut our some of the big words for those that need it. No offense, of course, just translating for the younger crowd.

Reactions: SkyBoy96

Honza8D

Jul 29, 2019
What big words? it was perfectly legible to me........
heh maybe the younger crowd should bookmark an online dictionary and increase their vocabulary.
You are probably native english speaker, but for forigners that post coul be difficult to understand (depending on how long they have studied)

Squigie

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, for the love of tea...

While the words may be unfamiliar, through context the meaning should be clear. To reiterate, engines and generators do not line up exactly in what fuels they use.

SkyBoy96

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, for the love of tea...

While the words may be unfamiliar, through context the meaning should be clear. To reiterate, engines and generators do not line up exactly in what fuels they use.

Simple internet user's terms:

Oh come on...

The words might be new, but how they are used should help you understand the meaning. I'll say it again, engines and generators do not line up exactly in what fuels they use.

Trololol...

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I love this mod. I had a ton of oil, but already had a MJ facility, so i threw it in here and powered a mass fab.

Reactions: DrCeph

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
DrCeph Industries has proudly contravened no less than 28 greenhouse gas emission protocols and laws in over 18 countries. We are also banned from operating as a business in California. We attribute this stellar record to our firm stance on not allowing hippies, greenies and the citizens of San Francisco to burn their organic vegetable smoothies as fuel in our patented petroleum generators.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I love this mod. I had a ton of oil, but already had a MJ facility, so i threw it in here and powered a mass fab.

Good idea. I have exactly the same issue: my boiler provides all the power I need and runs off of biofuel (of which I have over 6k units to spare, together with over 6k units of biomass). I also have a 6k units of fuel and 6k units of oil. The problem was that I didn't have anything that I needed to power other than the stuff that's running on my CO2-neutral biofuel setup. And we can't have CO2-neutrality ofcourse!

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick note to say that Petrogen will be updated to 1.5 in the near future. Watch this space.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick note to say that Petrogen will be updated to 1.5 in the near future. Watch this space.

Watchs...... and Watchs..... and Watchs.

Hey ever think about animal fat? Render down them cows for fuel? Just saying.