Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

slauter

Jul 29, 2019
First off i would like to state gregtech has a few great features, it added some very useful features including electrum ingots, iron tubes, and the electric rockcutter. though there is a massive issue with it being forced onto all of the FTB servers and that is the fact that in order to have the recipes work on all server you join you have to exactly match the server configs( very rarely ever happens, leaving so many weird crafting bugs).

Major issues as follows:
1. people are bypassing ic2 in exchange for thermal expansion, and it probably wont be long until they get nerfd( according to the change logs they allready are)
2.it is constantly nerfing mods for no reason, i bring you the example of xycraft it made xycorium dust before the mod was released.
3. if the server dose something like say add normal massfabs it unbalances worse then ic2 normally including up to making 7-10x profit on a massfab
4. it was intended as an otional addon for the mroe serious servers yet it just ruins all the casual servers
Advantages to gregtech:
1. they add electrum ingots allowing the doubling of circuits, and the ability to replace some recipes with different items
2.it re balances ic2 if it is never changed and no mods are added
3. it adds some unique forms of wire and power generation where ic2 vanilla left out

Please vote what you feel on this.

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
If you have server issues on configs, you have to blame the server admin who don't release the configs.
If you don't like gregtech, simply don't use it. Find a server with changes to ic2 recipes disabled.

I don't know you , but i don't play minecraft always to produce with max efficiency. I build machines cause it's fun to see them working.
An Example: i like macerators , so i don't care if there's a better machine with better results for the same task: i still use a macerator.
If GregTech is used on all casual servers, maybe it's because those servers don't mind or they didn't put much thought in making one.

I don't think that the global server situation should reflect on a modder's work.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
If FTB bows to the pressure of the loud who want it removed then they have let themselves be dictated to....

Gregtech is great and adds a complexity to extend gameplay a LOT...

Also this will just become another debate thread.

Every person has their own opinion on it, I just hope FTB doesn't bow so easy to the pressure.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that we will not be removing Gregtech but it will be moved to the ultimate pack once it is made.

We don't support petitions to get mods in or out of the packs.

I have giving this to the section mod and i wont be surprised if this thread is locked.

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
Well, forum are meant to be used for debates afaik. :p
In my point of view, when there's a pool , simply voting is meaningless without a post that explains the reasons for your vote. :)
There's not much to argue, opinions may vary but you can't change a vote already cast.

Scale_e

Jul 29, 2019
Oh_look_it's_this_thread_again.jpg

But seriously, if it's coming up this much it is a real issue. It's not about a minority of entitled whingers from one side or the other. From what I've seen, about half the people want it, and the other half don't. That means half the FTB population will be inconvenienced (i.e they will either have to add it, or disable it manually.) no matter what.

The question is therefor who do we inconvenience? Now I'm torn personally. I like SOME of the GregTech changes. I HATE others. But the argument for and against GT has been done to death, then done again, and again, and again.

The only conclusion I can see is as follows:
First, generally speaking, people who like GT also like complexity, as a broad over-arching concept, more than people who don't like GT.
Second, Removing or Adding or Altering mods before playing FTB is more complex than NOT Removing or Adding or Altering mods before playing FTB.
Therefore, if GT is off by default we are, on average, inconveniencing LESS people.

That is my argument in its entirety. It assumes much, yes, but it is sound.

A better solution however, would be to improve the FTB launcher interface with big shiny fool proof buttons that say "Greg Tech ON", "Greg Tech OFF" and "Greg Tech Custom"

I'm Scale Enlie, and that's what I reckon.
Thankyou for your time.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
You are forgetting that if you don't want Gregtech in then disable it. which makes this vote pointless.

People want it to stay, people want it to go. Why not please both parties?

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
slowpoke and the mod pack guys have a number of packs planned to replace the beta some of them may or may not have gregtech installed we will just have to wait and see. and as for gregtech in the current pack remember its a beta pack and will be removed from the launcher at some point ... its initial intention was to allow people to try out the launcher and for the launcher team to get your feedback. it was never intended and never will be a permanent or "main" pack.

the same can be said about gregtech it was added for people to try out, to try and play the game differently and use some of the other amazing mods in the pack.

for now the only solution to this is if you don't like it then disable it if you do like it leave it in either way please try and enjoy your minecraft experience which ever way you choose to play it

Reactions: MrZwij

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
I would also like to re-iterate that starting petitions for changes in FTB is not welcome. Requests, sure. Suggestions - we welcome them. But petitions carry the inherent implication that we must do whatever they say. This is not acceptable, as we could not continue to deliver a quality product if we caved to every whim. However, since we know everyone will not agree with every decision we've made, we're striving to make sure our packs are easily customizable through the launcher to mitigate any dissatisfaction. Please keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.