Petition: Add Malisis Doors

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ICMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. This post is, essentially, a petition to add Malisis Doors to as many modpacks as can take it. In particular, it's lack is noticeable in Infinity.

Malisis Doors adds the feature that double doors will open together, which is nice. It also adds many door types for decoration. It adds the rusty ladder, which is also a very nice decoration.

Like if you want to see Malisis Doors added to modpacks.

Thank you.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Personally I know I wouldn't want it in Infinity by default. I thought that mod a little to rigid. Yes some of the doors are neat. But there is no way to modify their color look or size. Also, I know from personal experience that their curtains overwrite the recipe for the blackout curtains.

However, there is nothing that prevents you from adding the mod yourself if you want it.

Reactions: Pyure

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Is it still a hot buggy mess? With raytrace crashes and whatever other nonsense.

Frankly while it technically looks better and a bit more realistic, I kind of don't like the slow opening vanilla door overwrite. It got me killed or base blasted various times.
Of course when you get a door factoy you can tweak the doors to almost instant opening. And there are some cool effects.
But imo It needs to be tweaked by it's config.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Malisis Doors was in Unstable, but it was removed due to a rather severe memory leak which I'm not sure has been fixed yet. If that changes I might reconsider adding it.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Infinity is a 1.7 pack, and so is more or less dead for development. I know Horizons: Daybreaker had it, so does Modular Mayhem. If you're not on a server, you can use edit mod pack to add it. I'm pretty sure it's got no world gen so it's drag and drop.

If you are on a server, bug your server admin about it.