Parahumans: the First Dawn

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Watson's Residence|

She couldn't help but smile as she saw him smile after her mention of his childhood, and was rather glad that it didn't go down the road that she thought it would. Hopefully she would be able to remind him that it wasn't all bad - after all, he had this giant mansion to himself, his piano... he was lucky. And yet, at the same time, he wasn't. Much like her - got a job at one of the finest labs in the world, but her parents are dead. Ironic, really... A soft chuckle comes out of her as they continue walking along, and she readjusts her hood slightly.

It grew even larger as they seemed to come upon their destination room, and all of the music in her mind seemed to stop, dead silent in both anticipation, and excitement, and she grasps his hand tightly in return. As long as his piano was special to him, it was special to her, since it seemed to make him so happy. As the door opened, her own smile got rather large as she looked over the room. Though it felt like music was seeping out of the walls, she couldn't really see or hear any of it, even after opening the gates that kept out the music that was back out there. It was pretty much dead silent. Gladly, Esaias follows behind him, both confused, and intrigued.

"Wow... it's beautiful." She looks up at him and smiles widely before looking over to the piano and slowly walking up to it. "Huh... you know, I think this might be one of the few places I know of that I can't really see any music. And yet I feel like this room is full of songs..." She sits on one of the couches near the piano, and gazes around the room again, marveling at it. "Yeah, this is definitely different than anywhere else I've really been, or even seen in pictures. Did you design this yourself?"

|Christopher Watson|
|Watson's Residence|

-"Me and my granddad, actually" -I smiled back to her, sitting in the bench near the piano- "The only things he really suggested were the bookshelves, and the sign - still, I don't mind giving the old man some credit"-I chuckled.
Two days. Two days away from this room, and it already felt like eons. The memories started flowing in the instant I rotated the door knob, there are some many, it's impossible to even fathom counting them all. "Woah, Watson, so sentimental~", I thought, almost mocking myself.

"Christ, she must be starving...", I hit myself on the forehead to the thought.

-"All this talking, I almost forgot about the food!" -I said, raising the bag slightly- "We can head on to the dinning hall, if you want - or, we could eat here, I really don't mind".​

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Watson's Residence|

"Heh, I thought so... it seems a lot more different than the rest of the rooms here. It's so silent, too... it feels weird, but it's definitely a nice feeling." She chuckles before sighing and sitting back against the cushions of the couch. It'd been, what, a full 48 hours since she even closed her eyes for longer than a few seconds, let alone a full sleep? To boot, the couch was surprisingly comfortable, especially for that of leather.

Esaias is brought out of her momentary nap as he mentions the food, and she rubs her eyes to keep herself from falling asleep on the shockingly comfortable cushions. "Hm? Oh, sorry, I almost drifted off to sleep there." She giggled before shrugging in response to his question. "I'd honestly rather eat here. I enjoy the comfort of not having to constantly have music flowing into my head, you know?"

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Watson's Residence|

"Heh, I thought so... it seems a lot more different than the rest of the rooms here. It's so silent, too... it feels weird, but it's definitely a nice feeling." She chuckles before sighing and sitting back against the cushions of the couch. It'd been, what, a full 48 hours since she even closed her eyes for longer than a few seconds, let alone a full sleep? To boot, the couch was surprisingly comfortable, especially for that of leather.

Esaias is brought out of her momentary nap as he mentions the food, and she rubs her eyes to keep herself from falling asleep on the shockingly comfortable cushions. "Hm? Oh, sorry, I almost drifted off to sleep there." She giggled before shrugging in response to his question. "I'd honestly rather eat here. I enjoy the comfort of not having to constantly have music flowing into my head, you know?"

|Christopher Watson|
|Watson's Residence|

"Music flowing into my head", oh, I wish. I'd die to see the world as actual music, rather than just non-meaningful notes on a sheet of paper -- I honestly can't see how that would get tiring, maybe to a scientist, or inventor like herself, but to a musician? Uh-um, it just wouldn't. Getting inspiration out of every sight seems more like a gift to me, but well, it's all about perspectives, as is everything in life. I'm dozing off to far into my thoughts again, aren't I? I replied to her response, with a light smile, standing up, stretching my arms.

-"You really should get some sleep, you know? The rooms hall isn't too far from here, I could take you there, if you want." -I said, sitting on the couch paralleled to the one she was on, placing the bag over the table. I chuckled. -"Unless you'd rather sleep here on the couch, being such a "quiet" place and all" -I emphasized the quotes with my fingers.
Not that I didn't believe her, I never disbelieve something I don't arguments to disprove. Not to mention that I do believe that every human being has it's own of seeing the world, it's almost a fact to me at this point, I just never heard or read anything even close to what she describes me. It's compelling, more than anything, really. I drove my attention back to the bag of food, "shouldn't I get some cutlery, better plates or something?", I thought to myself. The kitchen isn't too far from here, so I could go there fairly quickly to grab some, I pondered, driving my attention back to her. I might as well wait for her response first, then I'll decide.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Watson's Residence|

"Heh. I think I'd rather stay here, to be completely honest with you. And I bet you're thinking that me being able to see music everywhere is a special kind of gift, and indeed, most of the time it really is. But it's pretty annoying at times - I can't really get any peace and quiet, and even if I do manage to shut it out like I did back there, it's an awful amount of strain. So having a quiet place like this is really nice."

Esaias reaches up, placing a strand of hair back behind her ear, then gazing around. "I've had to listen to it constantly my entire life... the only time it really goes away is whenever I sleep or close my eyes. Even then, my imagination runs wild, so it's pretty hard to shut out except when sleeping." She looks over at him and smiles. "I bet you'd give an arm and a leg for something like what I have, though..."

At this, she gives a soft sigh in content before sitting up more properly. Like he'd at all understand what she was talking about, even if he was a musician. To everybody else, music was a pleasing sound in the ear - to her, music was a grace on the eyes. Not many people could probably understand how that worked, but it made sense, considering that everything in nature and civilization always goes according to a certain set of rules - much like music. She was getting deep in her thoughts again, wasn't she? "Erm, sorry... I've been surprisingly distracted by my own thoughts as of late. We should probably get some proper china for our food."

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Watson's Residence|

"Heh. I think I'd rather stay here, to be completely honest with you. And I bet you're thinking that me being able to see music everywhere is a special kind of gift, and indeed, most of the time it really is. But it's pretty annoying at times - I can't really get any peace and quiet, and even if I do manage to shut it out like I did back there, it's an awful amount of strain. So having a quiet place like this is really nice."

Esaias reaches up, placing a strand of hair back behind her ear, then gazing around. "I've had to listen to it constantly my entire life... the only time it really goes away is whenever I sleep or close my eyes. Even then, my imagination runs wild, so it's pretty hard to shut out except when sleeping." She looks over at him and smiles. "I bet you'd give an arm and a leg for something like what I have, though..."

At this, she gives a soft sigh in content before sitting up more properly. Like he'd at all understand what she was talking about, even if he was a musician. To everybody else, music was a pleasing sound in the ear - to her, music was a grace on the eyes. Not many people could probably understand how that worked, but it made sense, considering that everything in nature and civilization always goes according to a certain set of rules - much like music. She was getting deep in her thoughts again, wasn't she? "Erm, sorry... I've been surprisingly distracted by my own thoughts as of late. We should probably get some proper china for our food."

|Christopher Watson|
|Watson's Residence|

-"It's just, I... Hm" -I got lost in words there for a second- "Erm, nevermind. But yeah, I can see how it could get annoying"
I tried picturing how it could annoying, at least. I lived my entire life listening to music. It grew on me as a quiet, relaxing atmosphere -- the only one I ever experienced, in fact. Ironic, now that I've come to think about it, but oh well, "to each their own", right? I sighed, giving her a brief smile shortly after.

-"Yeah, yeah, you're right - just give me a second, I'll go grab some. Just, try not to faint on the couch, alright? Feel free to look around, if you want." -I smiled shyly, in a playfully way.
Standing up, I left the room. Of the three kitchens of the mansion, the one near the main room should, theoretically be the closest. I headed myself in the hall leading to it, drifting off into random thoughts. "I'm still not used to mansion so being so empty like this", it's been almost, what, two years? And I still haven't gotten used to it. I chuckled, "someday".

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Watson's Residence|

She gave him a playful smirk back as he left the room, giving a slight wave. "I'll try my best not to, but no guarantees." As he left the room, closing the door behind him, she stretched her arms and sighed. It was pretty easy to tell that he didn't quite understand what she meant. She didn't just see one type of music - she loved the calming, and inspiring pieces, but there were all sorts of genres that appeared depending on where she was. Like, the music she saw out there - it was full of violins and left a very... fancy, egotistical vibe. After all, while everything does obey different sets of rules, they are different depending on what you're trying to create - again, much like music.

Hopefully he'd eventually be able to understand her sometime soon - after all, no point in being in love when you don't even know or understand one another, right? Esaias chuckles lightly to herself for a moment before she takes off her backpack, setting it down on the ground and opening it up, picking out her journal. It was definitely an old book - it didn't have any writing on the cover, but rather, have a few fake gems encrusted into it that seemed to change color depending on the angle of light. It was always fun to play around with them to find interesting new shades. As a kid, she always thought she would be able to find a new color from them - of course, though, by now she had scoured every degree of the gems.

Slowly, after a few moments, she has to keep herself from breaking into tears, and reaches for the cover to open it, before stopping herself. There were a lot of memories in this book, both happy and sad, but she couldn't bring herself to touch a pencil to the paper once again, even as much as she wanted to record the events of this day and how she felt about it all. It was more a memento at this point than anything else, since she usually had appointed notebooks for her projects nowadays, and didn't much need it anymore. Slowly, she sighed and placed it back into her backpack, zipping it back up.