Parahumans RP OOC and signup

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
It's weird, I don't want to announce that I'm from Brazil because the country's a piece of shit, but at the same time people are impressed with my English and all that.

Also we have a lot to worry about: the police is probably not one of them.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
The videos I've seen of them gunning down people with machine guns say otherwise, though I am curious about the situation in Brazil, is it really that bad?

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
It's weird, I don't want to announce that I'm from Brazil because the country's a piece of shit, but at the same time people are impressed with my English and all that.

This pretty much sums it up.

The videos I've seen of them gunning down people with machine guns say otherwise, though I am curious about the situation in Brazil, is it really that bad?

Don't even get me started on our government.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I just realised that both of you are better at speaking my language then me. Why am I so stupid sometimes? :(

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
(At this point, the thought italics are getting ridiculous and limiting me.)
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

She gazes at him for a moment, blushing as he says this before smiling warmly, then looking back down at the floor. "Sorry... I just..." She sighs and doesn't say anything for a few seconds. "Thank you." she says happily, and her mind pretty much empties as she is left to her own thoughts. Oh gosh... what if he really does like me? But... he's bed-ridden. How would our relationship work? I'd have to work pretty much 24/7 on that invention - no time for any other ones... bah, I hope Mekhan understands. There's not many things that I regret nowadays, but this is definitely one of them. The stress of the situation is making me sick to my stomach.

Well, at least that new technology came out where they're able to simulate a nervous system in cybernetics, so they can actually touch and feel things like we can. Maybe I should pay for amputation and get him a robot leg... NO! What am I thinking? That'd benefit NOBODY. But then I need to make something that can somehow heal broken bones and injuries in a pinch. Nanowrap, maybe? No... Part of her sighs as she tries to work out the whole situation with her head, and just continuously, endlessly bundling it into a more and more complex situation. Boy, I'm really not going to get good sleep.

Wait, I forgot! Where am I gonna sleep? Oh boy, with my bike almost wrecked and this far from my house... oh MAN! Ugh... Mekhan Inc isn't too far from here... but in one night? Wait, there's that new technology that can simulate the nerve system - make you feel things in prosthetic limbs. So I have the knowledge to rebuild his nervous system, and definitely enough for bones... could I perhaps make some kind of robot to heal him? It wouldn't be small by ANY means, but I might be able to accelerate stem cell growth. That would help all the other people here too... maybe I can borrow some tech from the hospital so I don't have to create everything from scratch. Now we're cooking with gas...

Esaias looks over to him with a grin on her face. "I've got one heck of an idea, Watson. And it might just work... I'll be back soon, I've got some stuff to pick up from Mekhan's place!" She stands up, rushing towards the door and using the edge to swing herself around, heading through the halls at a brisk pace before stopping at the main desk. "Look, I don't really have much time to explain, but I hope you've got some spare tech lying around, cause boy, I've got an idea that might fix this entire situation. It's going to be one heck of a jury rig, but it just might work. Either way, I'm going to get this thing finished. I'm on a roll today! Tell your patients that help's coming at least within the timespan of a few days." she says almost all at once, with a smile of her face before running out the main door and making a mad dash down the sidewalk - in the middle of the evening, too.

See 0:48
Gotta love 'em supernaturally accurate Jontron reactions.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
It's a mixed bag.

The police is ruthless... But the bandits are more. The crime system here in Brazil is stupidly inefficient (just like everything else), and stupidly forgiving, to the point your records pre-adulthood don't matter.

That's right, you could make the Joker ashamed and if you're below 18 you won't go to jail for it even after you become older than 18.

Raging inflation, stiff economic growth, bad policies, blaming it on a "worldwide crisisp"... All in all, Brazil's economic future looks bleak.

And to top it off - WE DON'T HAVE A PROPER OPPOSITION, WE HAVE NO RIGHT WING! Not even Liberals! The closest thing is Worker's Party (current government) vs Party of Brazilian Social Democracy (their main "oppositor")!

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
I just realised that both of you are better at speaking my language then me. Why am I so stupid sometimes? :(

I honestly think my vocabulary is repetitive as fuck, and I rely on autocorrect to not make stupidly dumb mistakes. But for the most part, your grammar is pretty good, you shouldn't worry about that. :)

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
It's a mixed bag.

The police is ruthless... But the bandits are more. The crime system here in Brazil is stupidly inefficient (just like everything else), and stupidly forgiving, to the point your records pre-adulthood don't matter.

That's right, you could make the Joker ashamed and if you're below 18 you won't go to jail for it even after you become older than 18.

Raging inflation, stiff economic growth, bad policies, blaming it on a "worldwide crisisp"... All in all, Brazil's economic future looks bleak.

And to top it off - WE DON'T HAVE A PROPER OPPOSITION, WE HAVE NO RIGHT WING! Not even Liberals! The closest thing is Worker's Party (current government) vs Party of Brazilian Social Democracy (their main "oppositor")!

Purely for curiosity, did you vote this year?

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
It's a mixed bag.

That... Sounds terrible. Didn't realise it was so bad over there.
I honestly think my vocabulary is repetitive as fuck, and I rely on autocorrect to not make stupidly dumb mistakes. But for the most part, your grammar is pretty good, you shouldn't worry about that. :)
Mine is too, and I constantly use autocorrect as well. XD

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
I would ask for a whoop de doop timeskip but we all know that everyone else is pretty much caught up in stuff right now (like Glade and Simon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Nope, but I'd vote for Eduardo Jorge, and the probably Aécio Neves for president.

As quite of an ignorant in politics myself, I only went as far as deciding who'd vote for president, and Aécio Neves also came to mind. I just can't stand Dilma, and if I know something about our country is that being at the bottom of the well makes the only direction available is up. But yeah, I'm curious to see if another 4 years with her will change people's minds.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
I would ask for a whoop de doop timeskip but we all know that everyone else is pretty much caught up in stuff right now (like Glade and Simon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

Jon_Tron.jpg

Far out

Reactions: Nisteth