Ore Processing

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Mariculture doesn't just double... That's just unupgraded... It gives up to 42 nuggets per ore... But it's still stupid either way, I'd never use it myself, always just use smeltery or te

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Mariculture doesn't just double... That's just unupgraded... It gives up to 42 nuggets per ore... But it's still stupid either way, I'd never use it myself, always just use smeltery or te
Honestly, your system is less stupid then TiCo's because one can use fuels other then lava.(and getting 42 nuggets from a single ore block? Noice!)

...One can use fuels other the lava still, right?

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft can process 2.25x. Though you either need IC2 or to go a little through it's infusing (which requires a vanilla enchanting table to start). The IC2 version is very fast at grinding ore and I haven't tested the base version's speed, though a force furnace runs on burnable fuels.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Thanks for the correction. And an ore multiplier of 4.6? Something that efficient would be hard-pressed to justify being called "stupid" IMO.

Reactions: YX33A

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but the interface between lava and smeltery does not require an engine or conduit.
If you need engines or conduits for something to be energy, then I infer that dynamos do not produce energy (although conduits can produce energy when connected to dynamos), IC2/RotaryCraft/Factorization/RP2 do not have energy systems, BuildCraft pipes must destroy energy (since engines put energy into them, but pipes don't carry energy), and vanilla furnaces don't use energy.

Reactions: christhereaper

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I have been using the crucibles a bit and I have to say that I am enjoying them. I only use them for processing rutile and bauxite but I am glad I did because they suit the theme of the room I was building. Sure they were a bit finicky to get started but I had a spare couple of hours and the learning curve was fun. Now they are fine. However, I didn't know they could be upgraded. *Goes off to investigate, although if any kind soul could save me the trouble and tell me what upgrades do what I would really appreciate that.

Just opened up NEI - It was pretty self-explanatory in the end. Purity upgrades are the appropriate upgrades for improving yield.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mevansuto and YX33A

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
What do you like about mariculture?

Are you only using it for its ore processing? Or are you interesting in using its shit.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using the high oven from Tinker's Steelworks. Ore tripling without the alloying. Runs of charcoal. Very efficient energy wise.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody who uses Mariculture. I haven't delved into it, so I have no idea what it's about. Mostly, I'm wondering if you guys use it for more than just its ore processing. Are you interesting in the jewellery, genetics, etc.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody who uses Mariculture. I haven't delved into it, so I have no idea what it's about. Mostly, I'm wondering if you guys use it for more than just its ore processing. Are you interesting in the jewellery, genetics, etc.
•Fish- A refreshing alternative for bees, not a "magic box"
•Jewlry- Non-armor, durability free pieces that will apply effects to you
•Titanium- Can only make TiC tools out of, and isn't that good, for how hard it is to get it.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I totally added a metal that only has a use when you have another mod installed.
To me, a tool with mining level of steel, faster than all of the vanilla tinkers tools, and with a durability around ardite. Isn't 'bad'
Talking about tools. The tools are okay, but for cost/benefit ratio they aren't that good. I've played legitimately with the mod, I know that you can use them for other things. (I'm starting to wonder if the enderfish was worth it now)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
•Fish- A refreshing alternative for bees, not a "magic box"
•Jewlry- Non-armor, durability free pieces that will apply effects to you
•Titanium- Can only make TiC tools out of, and isn't that good, for how hard it is to get it.
Clarification here: Jewelry are not durability free. They in fact take damage from their enchantments, IIRC, though most have minor durability drain that don't really harm the actual use, but they are not durability free.

And as for Titanium having no use beyond TiC tools, bullshit, but you already got told on that one by the MOD DEV no less, so let me explain why it ain't that painful in the end. Now, if you mean how hard it is to get the Impure Titanium purified, then no, not THAT hard... assuming you have a clue in hell what you're doing with making it. OK, sure, maybe it takes a large amount of Quicklime to get the Unknown Dust, granted. Have you ever actually tried optimizing your quicklime production and just making some ahead of time? Planning Chalk, for the price of 1 white dye and 2 limestone, nets you 2.5 buckets of quicklime. Not too shabby. Better then all other sources of Quicklime to boot. Can't get it into the vat quick enough? You could just make more quicklime and bucket it in, or find a larger scale way to pipe it for one. Yes, piping it in is possible.

That said, for what it costs, it's very useful. The work is too much for you? Add GregTech, it'll be easier. No, seriously, GT has the Magnesium you need and it's not exactly hard to get it.