1. This section of the forums is now closed. You can post and answer support requests on the new support site here

Optifine + other mods

Discussion in '[Archived] Tech Support' started by captainnana, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

Use d5 ultra.

2. peterpanik

peterpanik New Member

Hey Guys,

i'm running an FTB server and i wanted to install some mods like: essentials, essentials-chat, automessage and maybe things like Mobarena, Battlearena.
    But when i download 1.4.7 versions of the mods and put it inside the "Plugins" folder on my ftp (restarting server) it won't load the mods i put in there.

I'm also looking for a mod to put chests privat.

Does somebody could help me?

3. GuildMaster

GuildMaster New Member

Those mods aren't mods, they are plugins. You will need to get MCPC+ or BukkitForge to use them. FTB Server won't load plugins.
    Read this thread on how to add plugins to your FTB Server: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/offcial-ftb-server-plugin-thread.19429/
    (and remember to read the Server Admin Area of FTB Forums for more info on setting the server up)
    Here is some more info on how this works: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mcpc-forgeessentials-bukkitforge-bukkit-mods-kind-of.11182/

4. WhiteJade

WhiteJade New Member

I have a slow pc, that's the reason why I want optifine, not because I want HD Textures or MSAA. By downloading Optifine, I go from 20 fps to 40 fps, so isn't there a way of making the light version of Optifine work in FTB?

5. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

Use ultra d5 because it's the least buggy.

6. KaosC57

KaosC57 New Member

Im having a semi issue with Optifine D3 and Shaders Mod 2.00 (which requires Optifine D3) and the Direwolf20 1.5.2 Pack. The shaders will not load... Is it because the compatable Forge Version of Optifine is not installed and that a higher version of forge is. or is it a problem with the mods not liking Optifine and Shaders mod?

7. Tellerofstones

Tellerofstones New Member

This is not working for me i can't install optifne and my pc sucks so i cant play with out running out for memory. What do now?

8. Velotican

Velotican New Member

If you are using a Minecraft 1.5.* modpack you shouldn't ever need Optifine.

If you are still using Ultimate, it may simply be that your PC isn't up to the task of running it at all.

9. Tellerofstones

I sitll need it and i am running the newish direwolf20 pack :/

10. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

Why can't you install Optifine?

11. Tellerofstones

Idk when ever i try it does not install i follow the instructions and nothing happens its like forge is ignoring it for some reason :/

12. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

Where did you put it?

13. Tellerofstones

14. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

What version of Optifine are you using for which modpack?

15. Tellerofstones

i am using the beta DW20 pack and i am using Optifine_1.5.2_L_D2

EDIT 1: i have started using Unleashed

16. winters

winters New Member

Hello I have a problem with Optifine, I belive. Im palying FTB Unleashed with a few extra mods Gregtech, Project Red, and Flat Badrock. And useing Pure BDcraft texture pack for almost every mods. Today I've installed Optifine HD (to disable the badrock fog). Whenever I start the game it's crashing. Here is the log for it: http://pastebin.com/3DsUWXEp
    Already deleted and instaled the latest java both 32 and 64 bit.
    And I also tied to dectect which part cause the problem.
    Everything works fine until I put the gregtech pure bdcraft texturs into the whole texture rar or zip.
    But if I disable Optifine everything works fine even the gregtech textures.
    If someone has any solution plz tell me.
    Sorry for the bad engish

17. Velotican

Velotican New Member

You guys should be aware that from 1.5.* onwards Optifine doesn't work properly with Forge mods so using it at all is not recommended: it will break things.

Ashzification likes this.
  18. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

If you are going to use it:
    Make sure you're using the one that's built for the version of MC you're using.
    Prior to reporting any bugs, or issues in the game, remove Optifine, and repeat the issue.

19. AngryHermit

AngryHermit New Member

Is there a mod that works with FTB 1.5.* that at least makes it so you can have higher res. texture packs?

Only thing I know of is mcpatcher and have a feeling that wouldn't go over well with the FTB packs.

20. UniZero

UniZero Popular Member

The 1.5 packs will support upto 128x texture packs because forge supports them.