Optifine + other mods

peterpanik

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys,

i'm running an FTB server and i wanted to install some mods like: essentials, essentials-chat, automessage and maybe things like Mobarena, Battlearena.
But when i download 1.4.7 versions of the mods and put it inside the "Plugins" folder on my ftp (restarting server) it won't load the mods i put in there.

I'm also looking for a mod to put chests privat.

Does somebody could help me?

GuildMaster

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys,

I'm running an FTB server and i wanted to install some mods like: essentials, essentials-chat, automessage and maybe things like Mobarena, Battlearena.
But when i download 1.4.7 versions of the mods and put it inside the "Plugins" folder on my ftp (restarting server) it won't load the mods i put in there.

Does somebody could help me?
Those mods aren't mods, they are plugins. You will need to get MCPC+ or BukkitForge to use them. FTB Server won't load plugins.
Read this thread on how to add plugins to your FTB Server: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/offcial-ftb-server-plugin-thread.19429/
(and remember to read the Server Admin Area of FTB Forums for more info on setting the server up)
Here is some more info on how this works: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mcpc-forgeessentials-bukkitforge-bukkit-mods-kind-of.11182/

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I have a slow pc, that's the reason why I want optifine, not because I want HD Textures or MSAA. By downloading Optifine, I go from 20 fps to 40 fps, so isn't there a way of making the light version of Optifine work in FTB?

Use ultra d5 because it's the least buggy.

KaosC57

Jul 29, 2019
Use ultra d5 because it's the least buggy.

Im having a semi issue with Optifine D3 and Shaders Mod 2.00 (which requires Optifine D3) and the Direwolf20 1.5.2 Pack. The shaders will not load... Is it because the compatable Forge Version of Optifine is not installed and that a higher version of forge is. or is it a problem with the mods not liking Optifine and Shaders mod?

Tellerofstones

Jul 29, 2019
This is not working for me i can't install optifne and my pc sucks so i cant play with out running out for memory. What do now?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
If you are using a Minecraft 1.5.* modpack you shouldn't ever need Optifine.

If you are still using Ultimate, it may simply be that your PC isn't up to the task of running it at all.

Tellerofstones

Jul 29, 2019
Idk when ever i try it does not install i follow the instructions and nothing happens its like forge is ignoring it for some reason :/

winters

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I have a problem with Optifine, I belive. Im palying FTB Unleashed with a few extra mods Gregtech, Project Red, and Flat Badrock. And useing Pure BDcraft texture pack for almost every mods. Today I've installed Optifine HD (to disable the badrock fog). Whenever I start the game it's crashing. Here is the log for it: http://pastebin.com/3DsUWXEp
Already deleted and instaled the latest java both 32 and 64 bit.
And I also tied to dectect which part cause the problem.
Everything works fine until I put the gregtech pure bdcraft texturs into the whole texture rar or zip.
But if I disable Optifine everything works fine even the gregtech textures.
If someone has any solution plz tell me.
Sorry for the bad engish

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
You guys should be aware that from 1.5.* onwards Optifine doesn't work properly with Forge mods so using it at all is not recommended: it will break things.

Reactions: Ashzification

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
You guys should be aware that from 1.5.* onwards Optifine doesn't work properly with Forge mods so using it at all is not recommended: it will break things.

If you are going to use it:
Make sure you're using the one that's built for the version of MC you're using.
Prior to reporting any bugs, or issues in the game, remove Optifine, and repeat the issue.

AngryHermit

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod that works with FTB 1.5.* that at least makes it so you can have higher res. texture packs?

Only thing I know of is mcpatcher and have a feeling that wouldn't go over well with the FTB packs.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Is there a mod that works with FTB 1.5.* that at least makes it so you can have higher res. texture packs?

Only thing I know of is mcpatcher and have a feeling that wouldn't go over well with the FTB packs.

The 1.5 packs will support upto 128x texture packs because forge supports them.