1. This section of the forums is now closed. You can post and answer support requests on the new support site here

Optifine Decreasing FPS??

Discussion in '[Archived] Tech Support' started by Jasonicman7435, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasonicman7435

Jasonicman7435 New Member

I started playing FTB few days ago but I got 15~20 fps. So I installed optifine but for some reason, it actually decreased 5~10 fps! Can anyone explain why?(Also, I'm pretty sure I've installed optifine correctly)

2. iMontouch

iMontouch Active Member

decrease some of the values in optifine. Like animations and stuff.

3. Ashzification

Ashzification Over-Achiever

Otherwise, it runs at best graphics, not best FPS

4. Jasonicman7435

I've set the lowest settings possible in optifine but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

5. iMontouch

iMontouch Active Member

Are you sure that you set everything to low? Render distance eg?

6. Ashzification

Screenshot of the video settings please.

7. Jasonicman7435

How many times do I have to say it? I've set all the settings to low. I've set my render distance to tiny, smooth lighting off advanced openGL on, clouds off, view bobbing off, graphics fast, antialising off, and multi core world generation. The other settings doesn't really seem to make a difference with my fps.[DOUBLEPOST=1374221854][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, yesterday my ftb fps suddenly plummeted to 0~2 fps.

8. Golrith

Golrith Over-Achiever Trusted User

Ok. Optifine is not a guarantee to improve FPS. Your basic FPS is better then my FPS with Optifine (MC 1.4.7, 1.5.2 is much better on performance, without Optifine, I can't even play).
    If you are finding Optifine gives you worse performance (even on lowest settings), there's nothing else you can do but not use Optfine.

9. Jasonicman7435

Oh well...

10. bwblazerkid

bwblazerkid Member

In 1.5.2+ I'm pretty sure forge does a lot of the behind the scenes stuff that optifine did. Whatever's been done is amazing, because I used to have to play on normal, fast, lowish optifine settings at 30 fps. Now I can play anything on far, fancy, 128x TPs, 100+ fps. Its crazy how much has been improved, Optifine seems to be less necessary for people with lower spec computers now

11. Ashzification

Not gonna lie, I don't trust you're telling the truth. Why? Because people REGULARLY lie to me about what they've done to troubleshoot and fix their launcher. Thus why I asked for a screenshot.

12. Jasonicman7435

Don't trust me, then.

13. Ashzification

14. Jasonicman7435

I've tried force updating and now optifine works. Thanks for all the help though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.