Optifine Decreasing FPS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonicman7435

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing FTB few days ago but I got 15~20 fps. So I installed optifine but for some reason, it actually decreased 5~10 fps! Can anyone explain why?(Also, I'm pretty sure I've installed optifine correctly)

Jasonicman7435

Jul 29, 2019
How many times do I have to say it? I've set all the settings to low. I've set my render distance to tiny, smooth lighting off advanced openGL on, clouds off, view bobbing off, graphics fast, antialising off, and multi core world generation. The other settings doesn't really seem to make a difference with my fps.[DOUBLEPOST=1374221854][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, yesterday my ftb fps suddenly plummeted to 0~2 fps.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ok. Optifine is not a guarantee to improve FPS. Your basic FPS is better then my FPS with Optifine (MC 1.4.7, 1.5.2 is much better on performance, without Optifine, I can't even play).
If you are finding Optifine gives you worse performance (even on lowest settings), there's nothing else you can do but not use Optfine.

bwblazerkid

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.5.2+ I'm pretty sure forge does a lot of the behind the scenes stuff that optifine did. Whatever's been done is amazing, because I used to have to play on normal, fast, lowish optifine settings at 30 fps. Now I can play anything on far, fancy, 128x TPs, 100+ fps. Its crazy how much has been improved, Optifine seems to be less necessary for people with lower spec computers now

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
How many times do I have to say it? I've set all the settings to low. I've set my render distance to tiny, smooth lighting off advanced openGL on, clouds off, view bobbing off, graphics fast, antialising off, and multi core world generation. The other settings doesn't really seem to make a difference with my fps.[DOUBLEPOST=1374221854][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, yesterday my ftb fps suddenly plummeted to 0~2 fps.

Not gonna lie, I don't trust you're telling the truth. Why? Because people REGULARLY lie to me about what they've done to troubleshoot and fix their launcher. Thus why I asked for a screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.