OpenBlocks - WIP

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
Some people were interested in this idea (and suggesting new ideas!) on reddit, so I thought I'd keep a progress thread running here so people can be up to date with what's happening :)

Jaded Ladder: It's a ladder/trapdoor. Simple.

Guide Block: It's a... shape guide block. Still very much work in progress. Getting some awesome help from other people on this block, so thanks to everyone involved so far...

More updates to come soon

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
No download yet?

Even though its only 3 blocks, it's a good 3 blocks.

Or is it world crushingly buggy in combination with certain things or something?

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
No download yet?

Even though its only 3 blocks, it's a good 3 blocks.

Or is it world crushingly buggy in combination with certain things or something?

3 days ago I mentioned I might add a few block ideas together into a single mod.

3 days.[DOUBLEPOST=1374574090][/DOUBLEPOST]Looking for new, interesting block ideas!

It doesn't matter how complex or simple they are, all ideas considered :)

I'd rather not include anything that could be considered machinery, or anything that 'tweaks' another mod. I'd like ideas that just improve game experience slightly, regardless of how simple the block might be. I don't want anything that's involved in the production or handling of resources if possible.

Let me know if you have any ideas :))

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
I think a good adition would some kind of "Minecart Teleporter". Pretty much like your "Drop block" but instead of moving up and down, something you could use to move a Minecart horizontly. This might be a bit tricky to add.

I think so far your blocks are awesome, loking forward to the day you release it, so far, another great mod!

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019

That looks so much better than a frame. I can just imagine getting a team of people together and mapping out an entire server. Something that would be cool is giving it an upgrade or something to detect where other players are. That way you could monitor the entire server if you wanted. It'd make a great addition to PVP servers.

QuantumPugilist

Jul 29, 2019
Want!

The guide block would make my life infinitely easier. I tend to build lots of domes, circles, and spheres, and having to constantly switch windows to a voxel generator (and then often getting my measurements incorrect), is a pain.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry, but I think I've got an Idea.
Auto-Guiding arrows.
I think there was something in an old verson of EE that added them. Or Thaumcrafft, I'm not sure.