OpenBlocks - WIP

aaninja64

Jul 29, 2019
Archangel's Smite.

So EE2, in case anyone didn't know that. But yeah, those homing arrows could end up being kind of OP. At least the Archangel's Smite had the EMC value of a few stacks of diamonds. I guess that it really depends on the amount of damage they do, and their cost.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
So EE2, in case anyone didn't know that. But yeah, those homing arrows could end up being kind of OP. At least the Archangel's Smite had the EMC value of a few stacks of diamonds. I guess that it really depends on the amount of damage they do, and their cost.

Ah, I miss EE2 sometimes. I know Pahi's gonna do a good job on EE3 but EE2 is nostalgic, a bit.

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of new blocks added - both work in progress

Mining flags, so you don't get lost. Color changing will work differently, and you can put them on walls since I recorded this video.

Anywhere Tank. Turn any space into a tank.

Reactions: Siro and Freakscar

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
All of these blocks are so sweet! Just tell me if you need any suggestions for things... Nah, you look lie you have grand ideas already. Can't wait to help you test it out!

Spaceshipable

Jul 29, 2019
You should make a ball of string that you can tether at one end and then it unravels as you walk leaving a path (like Thesus and the Minotaur). Maybe you'd have to tether it at points along the way. They would be made from string and a dye or glowstone so it glows :)

Reactions: Everlast

Spaceshipable

Jul 29, 2019
A dog sled would be really cool and give dogs a better use. They could be crafted with string and a minecart and then you could click a dog to attach it. It would steer in a similar way to a boat with left and right being the yaw. It should be able to go up a block step and if possible adding extra dogs would make it go faster

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
How about a level detector block for the tank, which outputs redstone when the liquids in one of those fancy tanks reach wherever the block is placed?
Also, it would be cool if valves only output liquids on the same level or higher.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't watched the video - but it seems from the thumbnail that you make a tank.

Out of a tank (BC).

Wow.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
You had me at "Any". :D Do want!

Haven't watched the video - but it seems from the thumbnail that you make a tank.
Out of a tank (BC).
Wow.
Sorry, Fin, usually I tend to agree with what you are posting - but this time you're completely off the scale of stupid here.
Protip: Watch the video.
Suggestion: Then come back and apologize.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
You had me at "Any". :D Do want!

Sorry, Fin, usually I tend to agree with what you are posting - but this time you're completely off the scale of stupid here.
Protip: Watch the video.
Suggestion: Then come back and apologize.

Sorry, was unable to watch vids at that time due to being at a public Wifi spot that banned YT, for bandwidth reasons.
So I could just see the thumbnail. I thought the BC tanks were not for filling the tank but were going to he used to create the tank.

And I watched the video after.

At first I was all like "Seems like XYCraft..." Then "Any Shape", appaeared.
Any shape.
Tanks.
That are not rectangular/cube. 0.0

My wonder about BC tanks brings a question - does this work with non-full blocks, such as chests, anvils or BC tanks?

Does it work with full blocks, that do things, such as Furnaces? Or thins that do things without a GUI, like Glowstone illuminators?

And yes.

I apologise sincerely that public wifi bans YT :/.
I also apologise for commenting offhand.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Just saying, AFAIK, a BC tank holds 8 buckets. If any block holds 16, we have a problem. Please change it to 8. Or make the valve super Expensive

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of new blocks added - both work in progress

Mining flags, so you don't get lost. Color changing will work differently, and you can put them on walls since I recorded this video.

Love the tank. That and the drop/elevate block would be reason enough for me to use this. RC tanks have always lacked the flexibility of xytanks and yours go one step beyond that even. And nobody has really had a good way of going up and down fast.

Maybe add config options if people are nitpicky about how much your tanks hold in comparison to other mods' (even though this really shouldn't be a consideration).

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
That move up/down block is awesome, too, I agree with Siro, there is still huge holes in that department in MC. Question: Could you make this block connect with other blocks surrounding it? Eg.. form a 3x3 platform of "elevator" blocks? This is more a designers question - as a single block might look a bit.. pale in some designs. A 3x3 / 5x5 platform might look a bit nicer at times. ;) But awesome nonetheless. =)

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
That move up/down block is awesome, too, I agree with Siro, there is still huge holes in that department in MC. Question: Could you make this block connect with other blocks surrounding it? Eg.. form a 3x3 platform of "elevator" blocks? This is more a designers question - as a single block might look a bit.. pale in some designs. A 3x3 / 5x5 platform might look a bit nicer at times. ;) But awesome nonetheless. =)
Yes you can. There's another video on youtube somewhere of someone doodling around with them in exactly such a way. Worked perfectly.

Reactions: Freakscar

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Every single one of these had me asking, "Why hasn't somebody already done that?" Brilliant work.

Reactions: dgdas9

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
So unbelievably impressed.

Might I suggest some kind of "repel block" that causes entities to fly away when they touch it (as if hit by the wind effect of the Sword of the Zepher)?

Reactions: Everlast