On Villagers...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
So I caught them bonking each other silly in a house with several mini-me villagers (i.e. kids) present. I had basically been keeping them all trapped in a single house for protection and after they started getting bored and frisky, I had too many villagers to manage. This includes 2 santas and 3 beekeepers now... :eek:

Anyone else experiencing population issues in the positive direction? o_O

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
What do you expect to happen if you imprison male and females together, there's a good reason jails are not multi jender :p

Reactions: BanzaiBlitz

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
While I agree that is a difficult combination for jails, I think it is common knowledge that villagers are all hermaphrodites. :p

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
And after stumbling across a nice tutorial vid on setting up a golem farm, even more friends with benefits! :p

It's for 1.3.1 but I don't see why it wouldn't work currently without testing myself.

A larger, faster and more complex version that works in 1.4.4 (same guy)

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem, thousands of villagers all crowded around the village. I don't know what triggered it, but it did cause some lag so bad I had a hard time killing them off until I went into creative and dropped lava source blocks around the village.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem, thousands of villagers all crowded around the village. I don't know what triggered it, but it did cause some lag so bad I had a hard time killing them off until I went into creative and dropped lava source blocks around the village.

The Mage towers in standard villages can cause an infinite cycle to start if there are enough doors within the sweet spot. ... Basically if one villager gets trapped within a sweet spot of other villagers (like 5/6 blocks up) but in range of at least 3 doors (16 or so blocks) he'll go into breeding mode and throw all the other villagers in range into it automatically, they'll start popping out mini-me's on cooldown so long as the breeding conditions are met for that one villager. In some vanilla villages the sweet spot is automatically created, and if the villagers are all running to the tower for the night... it gets out of hand quickly.

I think if you put some doors into the second level of the tower to satisfy the door requirement (services a "room" outside exposed to sunlight etc) and get a single villager trapped up there and then eliminate all other doors except the one into the first floor of the tower it will set up a simple cell (villagers will flock to tower at night, and start up cell etc). I've not tried this set up yet, but it would be almost identical to the ladder/platform I did in my first world that did get out of hand quick.

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
Step one: build a house in the middle of town.
Step 2: Fill the house with lava, floor to ceiling.
Step III: Label it "villager population control center"

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
You COULD do that....or....

Gravity gun shooting all of the extra villager trash into a lovely lava curtain with a Portal Gun turret underneath to catch any survivors. :oops:

Things that make ya go WHEEEEEEE!!!!

arkangyl

Jul 29, 2019

Gravity gun shooting all of the extra villager trash into a lovely lava curtain with a Portal Gun turret underneath to catch any survivors. :oops:

All those poor zeroes and ones.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
I used a mystcraft portal to a single block in the nether suspended over and ocean of lava :)

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019

The problem was the lag was so bad I couldn't even kill em with the nano-sabre I cheated myself just to clean up the village! Even zombies running around the town seemed to have so many targets to choose from they weren't able to decide.

In the end it was just plain old regular lava that cleaned up the neighborhood!

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
You can also just shoot a portal to the moon and send them to the cold vacuum of SPAAAAAAACE. Just be careful you don't get sucked in yourself though xD

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
If you build a breeding cell, build a border around the cell's floor of mystcraft portal blocks, put a recptacle in that links to a nether lake. If by any chance you get overwhelmed, just zap them all at once into the nether near your lava pump chunk loader. evil, but eh.