OK, what the hell is up with Magic Farm 2?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I started a new world, I has a plan.

Almost immediately I have problems.

The recipes for wood and stone vanilla tools are disabled and it wont let me make wood or stone tool heads in TiCo.

So....

how am I meant to dig anything up?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
or you could use flint like he also mentioned :D lol

Which involves digging around to find gravel. Also a pain if I'm playing empty-handed.

I could just go and remove whichever mod is causing this bullshit, unless it knackers a bunch of other stuff.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Relax, breathe, take 2 mins to think do I really want this challenge or go play something easier.

Then go read up Iguana Tweaks mod.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I really just wanted to brew some beer and cider.

And this is the only FTB pack with growthcraft XD

I guess I'll give it a try, even though it is outside my normal "make all the things immediately!" paradigm...

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Magic Farm 2 is meant to be a challenging game, hence the recipe changes/etc. You could always just add growthcraft to another ftb pack, it's got universal configs so "should" just be a simple install.

Reactions: Wagon153

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I remember Magic Farm 2. Much fun was had. But it was, in my opinion, super easy. It just took me slightly longer to get the materials to do what I wanted.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I suggest a shovel for flint. You need another bone/bonemeal

Yup.

Shovel->Gravel/Clay/Sand->Grout->Smeltery->Iron tools-> Normal service will be resumed ffs :)

Oh and I just found they haven't disabled burning logs into charcoal.

Hah! You thought you could knacker my nighttime survival but you were WRONG!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
General impression:

Hunger overhaul is a bag of monkey scrotums.

Iguana tweaks or whatever it's called actually lets me replace individual bits of a tool with new materials so I don't have to craft a new version from scratch each time I get access to new stuff, so it's actually kinda cool once you get past the totally unnecessary "lol we're going to fuck your day one startup routine".

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
General impression:

Hunger overhaul is a bag of monkey scrotums.

Iguana tweaks or whatever it's called actually lets me replace individual bits of a tool with new materials so I don't have to craft a new version from scratch each time I get access to new stuff, so it's actually kinda cool once you get past the totally unnecessary "lol we're going to fuck your day one startup routine".
I respectfully disagree with your point of view on Hunger Overhaul and would like to argue on it for no reason whatsoever in an attempt to show how much more intelligent I am than you for having a different opinion.
(Stupid youtube comments...)

Reactions: Eruantien

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Um, tard question but how do I actually use the "upgrade a part of a tool" functionality?

The mod documentation says I can do it in a tool station but it doesn't seem to work.

I'm just trying to stick a copper pickaxe head onto my bone pickaxe...

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
TBH the only hard part of Magic farm is getting to your copper mattock to be able to farm and relearning how to start. After that the pack is business as usual.
This modpack is pretty much balanced around hunger overhaul, learning Pams Harvest and Agriculture should be your first priority as those random wild berry bushes don't grow back.
I suggest you get some sugar up and running sooner then later then when you get some flower production you can turn all those berries in to tasty pie with some bakeware. You're gonna want to make a kitchen too, you kind of need a dedicated kitchen to prepare all the food as their recipes are quite involved. Those work tables are a godsend when it comes to crafting Pam's Harvest food.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I started a new world, I has a plan.

Almost immediately I have problems.

The recipes for wood and stone vanilla tools are disabled and it wont let me make wood or stone tool heads in TiCo.

So....

how am I meant to dig anything up?

hey, you haven't died yet, so you've that going for you
MagicFarm is like Agrarian Skies, only 10x more deadly