Ocean life mod

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been searching around for quite awhile and finally decided what better place to ask than everyone on FTB.

I am currently working on my modpack for 1.7.10 and realized with everything I am trying to add to the overworld, the ocean is still as bland as ever. I have seen a few mods that add mobs to the ocean but they are either very old (pre 1.6), not active (no word from the author is some time), or have very restrictive (call it not allowed...ever...) mod pack permissions.

So my question to all of you is has anyone found a really good mod that adds decent variety to the ocean as far as mobs go?

I would really love to add something more to the ocean than just different ocean biomes.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
What about that seaweed mod I've seen in FTB packs?

Or Mariculture, it's not exactly "Ocean Creatures" but Fishing and Scuba Diving still count.

Or if you wanted more ocean mob variety, you could make a simple mod that adds water mobs that have the brain of a squid.

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
It's time like this i really wished I did know how to code and create models...I would most certainly make one at this point. I have looked at mariculture for sure and while it does add what you said, it is specifically ocean life I am looking for.

Seaweed mod? if you can point out a specific pack with it I could download and check it out for sure.

If anyone has spare time and knows how to mod then it would definitely be appreciated if they made a mod like that.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
why did I not see that one? But then, that's why I posted here isn't it? I'll definitely take a hard look at that one, thank you!

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Oceancraft, and Shipwrecks! were two mods I discovered just the other day as 1.7.x compatible mods. I discovered them by reading the posters crash report :p so that is perhaps not the best form of mod discovery.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for those. I checked out shipwrecks, but the ruins mod actually does that as well and I recently was granted permission to use it in my modpack by @AtomicStryker

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well obviously you were talking about MoCreatures with the restrictive permissions. But its the absolute best creature mod for minecraft. For that reason I think its worth it to try and come up with some kind of compromise so you can use it. Like, manual installation but have the config files already in the pack.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Well obviously you were talking about MoCreatures with the restrictive permissions. But its the absolute best creature mod for minecraft. For that reason I think its worth it to try and come up with some kind of compromise so you can use it. Like, manual installation but have the config files already in the pack.

Mods deserve the obscurity they ask for. No matter how good.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Mods with restrictive permissions deserve to be ignored. No matter how good.

No I wouldnt say that at all. DrZhark is a different personality and has his reasons. I can understand why he might not want the product of his hard work and creativity to be lumped-in and re-branded by someone else.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
You are correct about the restrictive mod. Remember though, (not that I want to change the discussion, but this is a point of reference) Azanor used to have highly restrictive permissions as well, but changed his mind eventually. But yes, that was the one mod I wanted to add and then disable all of the unwanted mobs.