Obsidian Pressure Plates

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
I guess it just feels weird to download an entire mod that only adds one little item that barely changes the game... But I'm cool with it. (and I can disable it. :p )
EDIT: ninja'd by Jadedcat

SkyBoy96

Jul 29, 2019
I find this mod very handy. I can actually make a no-click door that only let's me through for a change! My main setup is just a fence gate with the OPP underneath (I can trip from either direction, using only one PP ;) )

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Remove it ????? hell no

It might be 1 mod for 1 item but it's a damn useful one.

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I use checkpoint blocks since they can match whatever block I want. That being said, this mod is awesome and should be kept in the pack.

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed a couple of the extra responses on here... the most common use for these is doors, sure, but I also use them for restricting activation of redstone contraptions to players-only: instead of having to have a button above a machine, to "use" it, why not just place an obsidian plate? Not only does it distinguish against mobs but it won't activate on item drops, either, and it'll keep something running as long as you're standing there, instead of "only when you click".

You're limited only by your own imagination. ;)

Reactions: Lawbroken

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Myrathi, since I don't see any official statement on the subject, I'll ask.
May I have your permission to include your mod in a small private mod pack?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I personally find this to be an enormously useful mod, as I tend to play on Hard difficulty, and iron doors are a PITA to open from the outside. This obviates that problem, so you can run into your base with creepers et al on your tail and make it safely inside. Buttons tend to not work well, thanks to the short duration, normal pressure plates can be triggered by other mobs, these are perfect.

Many thanks to the mod author.

Myrathi

Jul 29, 2019
I've ended up using them a lot, too, for exactly that reason, Shneekey! Bonus points to Jade for wishing she still had them. ;)

Ldog

Jul 29, 2019
People complaining about a mod only adding 1 item? Seriously wtf!
Some of the most important mods to me only do 1 thing. I use these EVERYWHERE!
Creeper not blowing up your house because you forgot to close the door behind you? Priceless!
This is the ultimate convenience mod.

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
"What's the use of this, it only adds 1 small item."

I use it in farm areas where I want to be able to restrict access to myself, not every zombie/creeper that walks by (buttons don't trigger long enough... especially when server ticks are crap; can't use wooden doors or golems from other farm areas run where they're not supposed to.... like the line of fire in the slaughterhouse). My house uses them as well (same reason, keeps the house golems safe... I shouldn't have put the slaughterhouse so close to everything else). I also ended up putting them down in my mob spawning area (using Tier 5 shards.. yay).... was kind of weird to go down there and see a creeper running the creeper spawner o_O (can't use switches or toggles.... found some players liked to turn them on, go off and forget them.... come back to traps full of mobs and an overflowing chest).

extrem09

Jul 29, 2019
Myrathi can I just say, I absoulutely love this mod! it adds such a small item that has so many different uses. It's just brilliant! :D