[NOW PLAYABLE] The Abandoned House 2 [Jam-Packed] [145+ Quests] [Dungeons, Tech, Bees, Magic]

What should be added to the map?

• Total voters

El1teKatana

Jul 29, 2019
Hate to sound nooby, but how do I do the stone/bone tool quests? I only just started, and I don't know how to get stone...Wooden picks are disabled! Do I have to get flint first?

EDIT: Should I change the TC config, and if so, how?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Hate to sound nooby, but how do I do the stone/bone tool quests? I only just started, and I don't know how to get stone...Wooden picks are disabled! Do I have to get flint first?

EDIT: Should I change the TC config, and if so, how?
If wood parts are disabled, then yeah you have to do flint first.

ljuffermans

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal that so many vanilla tools are disabled? Can't even make a hoe to till dirt, how do I make soil for some crops? I managed to make a flint pickaxe which I later upgraded to copper; picking away at rock now in the hope it will upgrade so I can mine for iron...

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal that so many vanilla tools are disabled? Can't even make a hoe to till dirt, how do I make soil for some crops? I managed to make a flint pickaxe which I later upgraded to copper; picking away at rock now in the hope it will upgrade so I can mine for iron...
Mattock..

ljuffermans

Jul 29, 2019
Well I must be dumber than I thought lol... completely stuck... I've made an iron pickaxe which I've leveled up but still says mining level Iron and I'm unable to mine things like redstone, quartz and even tin (I get tin if I use my hammer on surrounding rock; no suck luck with redstone or quartz)... Also seems the smeltery recipe for obsidian isn't working; I keep having lava and water separated in the smeltery...

Any tips are appreciated... :)

ljuffermans

Jul 29, 2019
Well I must be dumber than I thought lol... completely stuck... I've made an iron pickaxe which I've leveled up but still says mining level Iron and I'm unable to mine things like redstone, quartz and even tin (I get tin if I use my hammer on surrounding rock; no suck luck with redstone or quartz)... Also seems the smeltery recipe for obsidian isn't working; I keep having lava and water separated in the smeltery...

Any tips are appreciated... :)
Anybody, please?

airport1000

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure which version of tinkers is in this pack as I have never played it, but try making a bronze pickaxe head to replace the iron one, I think that goes to redstone level at least. To make bronze 3 cooper ingots + 1 Tin ingot in the smeltery.

Reactions: ljuffermans

ljuffermans

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure which version of tinkers is in this pack as I have never played it, but try making a bronze pickaxe head to replace the iron one, I think that goes to redstone level at least. To make bronze 3 cooper ingots + 1 Tin ingot in the smeltery.
Thanks, after leveling up the bronze pickaxe I'm able to mine redstone and quartz! :)

mellamokb

Jul 29, 2019
Hey here, i have an issue why the question progression : In section 8 "Erratic Errands" when i put 46 Iron bar in the QDS or if y check "Manual submit" it does nothing the Iron bar dont work. Is it normal ? The iron bar needed are something special to get somehow ?

I am having this issue as well, and the Tin Oreberry Bush in the same section.

I found the simplest way to deal with all these issues is just to turn on the HQM Edit mode, and you can fix them manually. To do this, open up the config in /FeedTheBeast/AbandonedHouse2/minecraft/config/hqm/hqmconfig.cfg in your FTB install folder, and change "B:UseEditor=false" to "B:UseEditor=true" near the bottom. Then restart MineCraft.

Now when you open the questbook you get the editor on the side. For example, to fix the iron bars and Tin Oreberry bush issues:
  1. Put the item you want to fix in your inventory
  2. Open the proper quest in the questbook
  3. Click the "Change Item" option (5th from the top)
  4. Click on the specific item on the right you want to fix
  5. Click on the item in your inventory that it is supposed to properly match. This will actually permanently update the quest in your install to the selected item. You can also change the mode at the top for items that have extra data, e.g., damage value.
    1. Precise detection - match specified item exactly, including metadata/NBT
    2. NBT independent detection - ignore NBT data, useful for items with customizable features like power armor.
    3. Fuzzy detection - ignore metadata/damage value (BE CAREFUL with this option. Lots of items use metadata for completely different items. For example Iron Oreberry Bush is 1485:8 and Tin Oreberry Bush is 1485:11. If you use Fuzzy Detection on the Oreberry Bush quest, you could actually submit any kind of Oreberry bush instead of just Tin!)
    4. Ore dictionary detection - use ore dictionary, e.g., match any kind of copper.
  6. Click Ok.
  7. Note, do NOT click "Manual Submit" at this point. Any progress made while the QuestBook is in edit mode is not saved. You must first switch back out of edit mode before attempting to use the QuestBook normally. You have been warned!
  8. Finally, don't forget to SAVE changes! If you go back to the main quest list (showing the 8 quest lines), and make sure no quest line is activated (if it is, click on it again to deactivate), you should see a "Save All" button available at the bottom right. Click this button or you will LOSE your changes made above once you close MineCraft.
I was able to get both quests working this way. You may also want to make a backup of the /hqm/ folder in case you accidentally mess up a quest, and I believe you can just copy the folder back in to reset it -- but someone should probably confirm this for sure.

**WARNING**: Once you've finished making changes, you MUST change the option above back to "B:UseEditor=false" and restart MineCraft to return the QuestBook back to normal survival mode before using the QuestBook normally. Otherwise it will NOT remember anything you've submitted on any quest line after you close MineCraft while in Editor mode. I am not responsible for lost progress by ignoring this warning.

For more detailed information on how to use the HQM editor, see http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Hardcore_Questing_Mode:_An_In-Depth_Guide

Quest I've found to require manual tweaking (as of 7/16/15):
  1. Beginner's Trials (#1) -> Buzz Lightyear (power armor quest) -> For Power helmet, chestplate, leggings, and boots, change the top from "Precise detection" to "NBT independent detection".
  2. Erratic Errands (#8) -> Randomness (Grass block first quest) -> For Iron Bars, and Tin Oreberry Bush, put item in inventory and match them manually using instructions above.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
There is a map in the server download, probably will work for singleplayer.

Checked the singleplayer download, it comes with a map too. If you need a fresh copy you can force update.

Am I missing something? :)

Last edited:

Blue lue Boy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey just a message for OlexaKid64 :)

We played your map/pack a while ago with my girlfriend, it was great. Gee, i remember that time of my life, we couldn't get enough sleep because we were playing so much! It was so much fun that a year later we felt the urge to redo it again, from start to end. It is just the most perfect hqm pack out there if you ask me! A little bit of everything, just grindy enough to justify building a nice machine contraption but not too much that you don't have to chunk load your map and let it run for weeks in order to complete that one quest halting your progression. God you even convinced me (and got me to enjoy) doing bees all the way to the end!

Now I'm sad, there's just no other modpack out there that can compete with this one, I've tried dozens (probably more) and while I do enjoy some a lot, I just miss the pleasure I experienced playing this one.

So I'm out fishing: Is there any chance you're still in the mood for assembling modpacks? I know of course it is a lot of work and probably doesn't make much money but man you are good at it!