Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

w1nterdemon

Jul 29, 2019
How many here have been irritated at the ender creepers? Just wondering, since I've had my fourth survival ended by their random explosions deleting the quest books some how. ._. So far all the other mobs have been ok, even when they populate into numbers of 16 or so it's still ok. That is until you immediately die to an ender creeper. >.< srry, I'm a bit agitated to the zero early survival chance if one of those things spawn and tired.

Nyfinscyf

Jul 29, 2019
How many here have been irritated at the ender creepers? Just wondering, since I've had my fourth survival ended by their random explosions deleting the quest books some how. ._. So far all the other mobs have been ok, even when they populate into numbers of 16 or so it's still ok. That is until you immediately die to an ender creeper. >.< srry, I'm a bit agitated to the zero early survival chance if one of those things spawn and tired.

Ender creepers are annoying, for some reason they explode the gravestone as well making you lose everything you were carrying - including quest books.
I assume this is a bug and is fixed soon! I managed to get ender creeper'd 3 times within 15 minutes of starting.

The only other creature that's annoying is the phantoms that control your character - mostly into lava or off cliffs... and now they're getting buffed? -sigh-

However, still a fun mod pack! I'm hoping I can get further into it soon.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Awwww, I love Ender Creepers. No other creature out there helps me to practice my creative swearing like Ender Creepers. They're my little black-hearted purple-eyed teleporting muses, yes they are, a curse of nine million boils on whoever came up with them. I think out of 30 Banished Let's Play episodes THREE or FOUR of them have me suddenly dying to Ender Creepers.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
Also, imo, Lapis has too high EMC value. With a Fortune (as it's VERY easy to get) you'll get hundreds of Lapis in no time.

Last edited:

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Just got into EE3 myself in this pack, I'm finding a lot of ways to exploit it for EMC (and mana too):
Iron and gold ore have the same EMC value as a single ingot. That means you can turn a gold ingot into one gold ore, get two gold ingots from that ore via the cascading processor and repeat.
Using a clayconia, you can turn sand (EMC 1) into clay (EMC 64). The surplus EMC can easily be used to make blocks of coal to fuel lots of endoflames and still turn a profit.
You can turn 4 blaze rods into 20 blaze powder by vortex infusion. That's 5 blaze powder for each rod, but the EMC values only account for the vanilla recipe to turn a rod into 2 blaze rods.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 is always going to be highly exploitable. There are too many ways to gain some resources easily and use those to gain rare items. It's not really "magic", more of a cheat code.

Those exploits listed are pretty common with EE3. Sadly, they encourage people to use EE3 to churn out resources, instead of pursuing advancement in the various mods.

Players like EE3 because it can solve all their resource problems. Of course, that sort of defeats the purpose of making a "hard survival " modpack in the first place.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
I mostly have just been dumping eggs and charcoal from my chicken farm and tree farm into my EE3 table...And it has been plenty to allow me to make a (I believe) very nice architectural build of a few towers inside a supercave area hollowed out between the junction of two chasms. Even with the piddling amount gained from charcoal and eggs there seems to be plenty. Unless I want to make diamonds or other similar high-end things...But that's reasonable enough. If I could make diamonds easily I'd probably just toss this modpack (so sick of FTB's forums correcting that to "mudpack!" Dammit, FTB, how many people do you have coming here discussing beauty products?!) because I enjoy the constant struggle against all the beasties attacking me and my farms.

It does sound as if lapis might be something to nerf, but even if you make everything less than diamond-level only worth 1 EE point, someone can still set up an automated giant treefarm converting things into charcoal and dumping those in...It'll eventually add up.

As it stands now, I feel like EE3 is flexible enough to let me build lots of low-EE stuff handily without having to spend time mining just to get basic mats, but it is still worth my time to mine redstone, gold, and lapis when I see it, because those are more expensive to 'create' in EE.

w1nterdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Heyo, I'm probably gonna be asking a lot of stupid questions like the first one. In this case, is enchantment the same? I noticed that the silent gems only give the enchantment buffs when enchanted so I thought maybe an enchantment table would work? or is there another way to enchant I haven't noticed yet? I'm till throwing stuff around and experimenting since I just joined 4 days ago.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Heyo, I'm probably gonna be asking a lot of stupid questions like the first one. In this case, is enchantment the same? I noticed that the silent gems only give the enchantment buffs when enchanted so I thought maybe an enchantment table would work? or is there another way to enchant I haven't noticed yet? I'm till throwing stuff around and experimenting since I just joined 4 days ago.

You can use a regular enchantment table just fine to do oldschool enchanting, but you will find that there are (fairly easy) methods in this modpack (including Silent's Gems and Thaumcraft) to control the enchants you get instead of dealing with vanilla randomization.

w1nterdemon

Jul 29, 2019
You can use a regular enchantment table just fine to do oldschool enchanting, but you will find that there are (fairly easy) methods in this modpack (including Silent's Gems and Thaumcraft) to control the enchants you get instead of dealing with vanilla randomization.

Thank you :D. Btw, do you have any recommendations on how to protect my chests from ender creepers? I've had quite a fuss getting my 6 diamonds, 112 red stone, 15 or so obsidian, 5 of the yellow silent gem, 7 of the light blue one and some amount of onyx I forget being deleted by one single guy.

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you :D. Btw, do you have any recommendations on how to protect my chests from ender creepers? I've had quite a fuss getting my 6 diamonds, 112 red stone, 15 or so obsidian, 5 of the yellow silent gem, 7 of the light blue one and some amount of onyx I forget being deleted by one single guy.
What I've seen ElectricCake do in his Let's Play is place the chests in an elevated position so that creeper explosions don't reach them. Personally, I just make sure to have a lit up and enclosed base. It doesn't protect your chests perfectly, but it does work most of the time. If you wanna be extra sure, combine these two approaches, at least for your really valuable stuff.

A couple questions of my own: Is obsidian the only blastproof building material in this modpack? I also tried using voidstone since it's made of obsidian, but it doesn't hold up against a TNT test. I know the obsidian variants from chisel are still blastproof, but it'd be nice to have a larger selection of blocks to build blastproof buildings with.
Also, is there any way to filter specific aura colours out of an Aura Cascade node? I've got a mixture of multiple aura colours in my nodes (because of vortex infusion recipes that ask for a specific aura colour); now I'd like to get them out without destroying my nodes.

Xzayler

Jul 29, 2019
Call me a cheater but I turned mobGriefing to false in my world because It happened pretty often that some wonders spawned near my chests and they somehow blew up the place even when I wasn't there. I don't really know what was happening but when I left my base and came back I sometimes found my chests gone and explosion marks in their place with cinders flying around.

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, I just remembered: Later in the game, when you have a good amount of disposable resources, you can make a carpenter's safe for the cost of an iron block. Camouflage it with obsidian and it'll be blast resistant. Probably worth it to have one for really valuable stuff like diamonds. Apart from that, once you've advanced into EE3 a bit you can make alchemical bags. Any two alchemical bags of the same colour always have the same inventory (like coloured ender chests from ender storage), so you can't lose their contents.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Call me a cheater but I turned mobGriefing to false in my world because It happened pretty often that some wonders spawned near my chests and they somehow blew up the place even when I wasn't there. I don't really know what was happening but when I left my base and came back I sometimes found my chests gone and explosion marks in their place with cinders flying around.

Hmmm, possibly creepers trying to destroy light sources. Zombies will knock down the torches, but creepers explode to get rid of them. Not sure if they would do that for the AM2 light spell or not.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
I'm pretty sure it did work correctly in previous versions, but their behaviour changed in the most recent update, at least it did for me. Now they keep sucking up my water.

IIRC, Vaskii made it so that they won't consume water from an infinite, self-filling source, such as one corner of a 3x3 water pool. It'll still create the mana, it just won't cause lag due to water updates and the drinking sound being played.

Yeah, just checked. Since v176 hydroangeas detect infinite water sources, and don't consume the water block.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Okay here's some criticism.

1)Dirt, Drowning, and (I think) Gravel Creepers should be disabled, because all they really do is leave a giant mess behind for you to clean up. Compounding that is my second complaint:
2)What is making creepers explode even if you get out of line of sight or back away!? This is incredibly annoying and gradually destroys the world for no reason. It also seems as though every creeper type scatters fire everywhere, not just Fire creepers. Disable that too! Uncontrollable mobgriefing is one of the worst possible things you can put in any modpack.
3)Hungry and Thief types of Specialmobs should be disabled since they tend to break things. Hungry spiders will just steal your entire inventory for no reason, and Thief mobs can similarly steal stuff from you. When these mob types die, they do drop everything(I think?), BUT then that stuff is vulnerable to fire or explosions, which due to problem 2 are commonplace.
4)Geists are just annoying, they should probably be disabled. Shadowflame doesn't even seem like it's fully implemented. It "pops" when you hit it, and has a block-shaped hitbox unlike fire.
5)Zombies should not pop out of your gravestone when you mine it. That's just a bad idea. Either you're right on top of the gravestone when it happens and thus die almost immediately, or you're at a distance which leaves your items to the mercy of the elements if you die again.

Lastly, spells that are touch-only should be described as such in the quests that give you those spells. I thought I had to get an Arcane Compendium before I could cast anything, because all the spells I had were touch-only and I was trying to cast them at a distance!

Reactions: SparkmanTX

Arycelle

Jul 29, 2019
Almost half way through the modpack, so far so good. I would suggest that the weight of the more unique biomes (hell, end, magical forest) is increase. Been exploring 2000 blocks away from my base and I mostly found forest, jungle, and mesa(hardened clay). Maybe by diversifying more biome type, we can found more of the interesting lycanite mobs (of course this being caveworld has its limit).

Also the turret and golem from Utility Mobs are mostly useless, in default setting anyway. It doesn't target creeper, lycanite mobs, and ars magica mob. But this can be rectify by crafting Mob Targeting Manual (book + rotten manual). I suggest including this book in that dispenser quest. If anyone want the utility mobs to target most mobs, create a new text file, and named it "YourUsername.txt" in config/UtilityMobs and put this inside it:
player_permissions
111 YourUsername

whitelist
Player
UtilityMobs.GenericGolem
Silverfish
Skeleton
Slime
Spider
Witch
Zombie
Creeper
Giant
Ghast
arcticmobs.arix
arcticmobs.frostweaver
arcticmobs.reiver
arcticmobs.serpix
arcticmobs.wendigo
arcticmobs.yeti
demonmobs.astaroth
demonmobs.cacodemon
demonmobs.nethersoul
demonmobs.trite
desertmobs.clink
desertmobs.crusk
desertmobs.cryptzombie
desertmobs.erepede
desertmobs.gorgomite
desertmobs.joust
desertmobs.joustalpha
desertmobs.manticore
forestmobs.arisaur
forestmobs.ent
forestmobs.shambler
forestmobs.spriggan
forestmobs.trent
forestmobs.warg
freshwatermobs.jengu
freshwatermobs.silex
freshwatermobs.strider
freshwatermobs.zephyr
infernomobs.afrit
infernomobs.cephignis
infernomobs.cinder
infernomobs.khalk
infernomobs.lobber
junglemobs.conba
junglemobs.concapede
junglemobs.geken
junglemobs.tarantula
junglemobs.uvaraptor
junglemobs.vespid
junglemobs.vespidqueen
mountainmobs.barghest
mountainmobs.beholder
mountainmobs.geonach
mountainmobs.jabberwock
mountainmobs.troll
mountainmobs.yale
plainsmobs.kobold
plainsmobs.maka
plainsmobs.makaalpha
plainsmobs.roc
plainsmobs.ventoraptor
plainsmobs.zoataur
saltwatermobs.abtu
saltwatermobs.ika
saltwatermobs.lacedon
saltwatermobs.raiko
saltwatermobs.skylus
shadowmobs.chupacabra
shadowmobs.epion
shadowmobs.geist
shadowmobs.grue
shadowmobs.phantom
shadowmobs.shade
swampmobs.aspid
swampmobs.dweller
swampmobs.ettin
swampmobs.eyewig
swampmobs.ghoulzombie
swampmobs.lurker
swampmobs.remobra
arsmagica2.MobDarkling
arsmagica2.MobDryad
arsmagica2.MobEarthElemental
arsmagica2.MobFireElemental
arsmagica2.MobFlicker
arsmagica2.MobHecate
arsmagica2.MobMage
arsmagica2.MobManaCreeper
arsmagica2.MobManaElemental
arsmagica2.MobWaterElemental

blacklist
Change "YourUsername" to yours.

Reactions: cannajan

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, Vaskii made it so that they won't consume water from an infinite, self-filling source, such as one corner of a 3x3 water pool. It'll still create the mana, it just won't cause lag due to water updates and the drinking sound being played.

Yeah, just checked. Since v176 hydroangeas detect infinite water sources, and don't consume the water block.
The very lastest Botania has changed all the passive generating flowers, after a real short time they die and turn into dead bushes, we are forced to become more creative, no more water towers!