Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xzayler

Jul 29, 2019
What do you guys think is the best level to mine stuff? I went down to like 16 and I'm finding more diamond and redstone than anything else. Iron seems to be a real rarity!

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Stupid Question: Is it possible to have banish random world generation in the cave system? I've attempted multiple times to try and fiddle with the ftb download so that I don't get the same world every time I load in because to me the fun part is exploration. That's not the case when everything looks the same :|
I've only had onetime in which the cave system actually spawned in a "different area." it wasn't long before I realize it was the same zone just with ice placed over it for laughs and the ores were all in the same spot.
Other than that every time I make a world I spawn in a corridor. You either go left into lava/dead ends or go right into a pit below you/extremely high ceiling above you for mobs to spill out on your face. Being my first time playing it I immediately died. Second world generation I died again around the spawn area. Third world generation I had the format down and dug a hole only to be near immediately dug out from underneath me and die again. To be honest I don't like the set world I generate in and it bugs me that it won't change.

It appears that world gen in the cave world is somewhat determined by the players UUID, I have had many people say they get the same world spawning however they all mention a different type of setup. I am not entirely sure why it does that or fully positive on how to fix it since it is an issue that only effects a few people and does so randomly.

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Arminius, every 8 days mob spawns go through the roof AND they can spawn in lighted areas AND much closer to you. Your best bet during this time period is to find some kind of a hidey-hole and stay in it until things ease up. In my let's play, I made a sort of box using obsidian floor and ceiling and stone walls suspended in midair in a cave, with gaps I could hit things through to keep them from mining in to get at me. Alternately, you can make an obsidian box and just seal it completely, but when you come out you'll still have to deal with a ton of mobs so be sure you have some kind of bottleneck to protect yourself until you've thinned them out a bit. (Why, oh why, can't we make obsidian fencing? :D)
Thanks for the reply. It turned out to be a zombie with a spawner on its head though. I actually waited out the day and still had lots of mobs spawning till I killed the zombie.

I could swear though, mobs ignore light levels on all days. I've had creepers sneaking up on me in fully enclosed, fully lit up rooms with no visible signs of entry. But I don't see any hordes of enemies around that time either, just the lone creeper.

Also, is it intentional that some chunks of the cave are always the same whenever I create a new world?

Arycelle

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! Create an account to say thanks for making this interesting modpack. Been off from minecraft for months, it wonderful to see people still making great modpack. A question though, is gold ore spawn rate lower? It's seems like there rarely is gold around. Also, to people who keep spawning in the same area every time you create a new world, open the modpack folder, go to "template" folder and delete "DIM-Caveworld".

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.3.0 - Will be available later today or tomorrow.
  • Diamond armor/swords are now only one durability. This is to create an incentive for late game armor through a magic mod.
  • Buffed Shadow Mobs: Chupacobra and Phantoms now do more damage and are tankier.
  • Nerfed early game dark power gain. Also rebalanced.
  • Nerfed access to EE3 - now requires manasteel and an aura cascade gem instead of just an ingot.
  • More botania quests
  • Template should now properly spawn you in a new world on recreation.

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
  • Diamond armor/swords are now only one durability. This is to create an incentive for late game armor through a magic mod.
  • Buffed Shadow Mobs: Chupacobra and Phantoms now do more damage and are tankier.
  • Nerfed access to EE3 - now requires manasteel and an aura cascade gem instead of just an ingot.
  • More botania quests

Wow, surprisingly harsh update, how will the diamond nerf affect the survival quest that rewards a diamond sword and some armour?

More botania quests is always a good thing

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Phantoms really didn't need a buff. They're immensely dangerous as-is. Is there any way to prevent or clear their Fear debuff? If not, that alone makes them sufficiently deadly.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, surprisingly harsh update, how will the diamond nerf affect the survival quest that rewards a diamond sword and some armour?

More botania quests is always a good thing
They are replaced with manasteel armor. Silent gems weapons and such were already stronger than diamond so that shouldn't be that large of an issue.

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
Phantoms really didn't need a buff. They're immensely dangerous as-is. Is there any way to prevent or clear their Fear debuff? If not, that alone makes them sufficiently deadly.

yeah honestly those things are already super dangerous mainly because there's really no way to manage them, they show up from above or underneath you all the time, it's super annoying, can they go through obsidian?

Kaamp

Jul 29, 2019
Hey drastic, Why did you decide to use EE3 (which is still very much WIP) instead of ProjectE? Loving the map by the way. And in regards to the world gen, i get the same cave layout but with different block placement. Example: My portal is in a corridor if i go left i enter a huge cavern. In my first attempt the floor was mostly grass blocks, in my second it was stone. Same layout though.

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
yeah honestly those things are already super dangerous mainly because there's really no way to manage them, they show up from above or underneath you all the time, it's super annoying, can they go through obsidian?
They can go through all blocks including obsidian. Honestly though I normally don't care if they attack me while in my base, that place is safe. They're just annoying there. It's only if you're near Lava or a cliff (read: while exploring) when you've got to watch out for them. Of course, you can't do anything about them.

It should be possible though to create an Ars Magica Spell to cure conditions, I think. Is such a spell available in the Dark Power questline? If not, such a spell should be added, then I'd consider the Phantom buff acceptable.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Hey drastic, Why did you decide to use EE3 (which is still very much WIP) instead of ProjectE? Loving the map by the way. And in regards to the world gen, i get the same cave layout but with different block placement. Example: My portal is in a corridor if i go left i enter a huge cavern. In my first attempt the floor was mostly grass blocks, in my second it was stone. Same layout though.

I decided to use EE3 to support Pahimar in his quest to port the mod over, however he has been having to deal with some real life issues right now so the mod is not as finished as I had hoped it would have been at this stage. But that is okay! I am doing everything I can to keep it as usable as possible.

The generic starting format will be fixed next update.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
  • More botania quests

Hmmmm. Well, that'll make life in wide open areas with Phantoms more exciting for sure. Diamond was already weak compared to the Silent's Gems tools that are everywhere. Manasteel isn't that high an entry barrier, not really. Seems fair enough given the immense power you get with EE3. I'm curious about 'early game dark power gain'...Is there some 'later game dark power gain' that I'm missing or was that just an odd phrase?

I just got done having my first session with TNT and red aura, and just having a grand old time doing it. :D That Let's Play will go up this weekend, there's already some others queued up. Angel Steel, here I come! :>

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
They no longer consume the water block so you should be good.
This is a reply to a pretty old post, but I just checked: Hydroangeas do indeed consume water blocks even in this pack. This makes them completely useless.

Edit: Ignore my ramblings earlier about Phantoms. Phantoms are easy.

Last edited:

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
This is a reply to a pretty old post, but I just checked: Hydroangeas do indeed consume water blocks even in this pack. This makes them completely useless.

My extremely active hydroangea water tower would beg to differ. Check my Let's Play Episode 16. It's been working great, keeping four pools full for me.

As an aside, I don't seem to be one of the people affected by the 'all my worlds are the same' problem. During several alternate restarts I've seen wide variety in my cave systems.

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
My extremely active hydroangea water tower would beg to differ. Check my Let's Play Episode 16. It's been working great, keeping four pools full for me.

As an aside, I don't seem to be one of the people affected by the 'all my worlds are the same' problem. During several alternate restarts I've seen wide variety in my cave systems.
I'm pretty sure it did work correctly in previous versions, but their behaviour changed in the most recent update, at least it did for me. Now they keep sucking up my water.

Last edited:

w1nterdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Oooooh.
Hi! Create an account to say thanks for making this interesting modpack. Been off from minecraft for months, it wonderful to see people still making great modpack. A question though, is gold ore spawn rate lower? It's seems like there rarely is gold around. Also, to people who keep spawning in the same area every time you create a new world, open the modpack folder, go to "template" folder and delete "DIM-Caveworld".
Thank you Arycelle. I looked in there a couple of times and noticed there were multiple different items in there and grew confused on whether I'd delete all the ones that say cave or just that one. This shortened my conclusion ^^ thank you.

Riku_Azhurlar

Jul 29, 2019
hewy just an fyi and help. the 1.2.4 server is broken. reason. dynamic lights, its client side only so putting it in a server will crash it