Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Do you plan on adding Witchery? I just find it odd that it isn't there, as what magic pack is complete without it?
Hmm... Interesting thought. But there are no coven witches or villages to find in the caves, and it'd be weird to have civilized witches spawning by themselves. But... maybe Blood Magic? "A Deadly Magic" could be the title of the questline.

EDIT: I swear, it feels weird to have that "Now Listed" next to the pack name on the forum title. It's crazy.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Witchery isn't possible due to many of the rituals requiring the sun, villages, villagers or world gen.

I also did not include blood magic because I wanted to pull back into the standard trifecta with the dark side of the mage played through the quest book power system.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Witchery isn't possible due to many of the rituals requiring the sun, villages, villagers or world gen.

I also did not include blood magic because I wanted to pull back into the standard trifecta with the dark side of the mage played through the quest book power system.
Yeah, good point.

Harley Eldridge

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I had a question pertaining to the dungeon caller, does the dungeon spawned have anything to do with what Biome you are in? (I was in a "nether" biome that spawns naturally in the caves, but it spawned a nether fortress)

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I had a question pertaining to the dungeon caller, does the dungeon spawned have anything to do with what Biome you are in? (I was in a "nether" biome that spawns naturally in the caves, but it spawned a nether fortress)

It spawned a nether Doom Like Dungeon fortress? Interesting.

LordValvile

Jul 29, 2019
HELP!
The hungry spiders are so OP! They ate everything I had, even my soulbound stuff. Anyway to get rid of them?

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
Hey grats on getting this listed! Gonna play some more of it tonight, probably starting a fresh, maybe I'll get to grips with thaumcraft this time :p

Xzayler

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I just tried your pack a bit. I've never been rly good with hardcore stuff but here... I spawned and instantly faced an ender creeper, a phantom and a zombie archer! The spawn place blew up with the phantom made me fly around, I figure I'd quickly build a stone wall at the entrances to block stuff off but stuff came dropping in all the time and phantoms kept fly through the walls! :O
I go back to the spawn a bit and there's a giant lava thing in the lava. You get the point. I can't even dig cobble without being spammed by mobs.
Any tips with that because it's way too hard to start up!

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Is this one of those packs where enemy spawn rates increases as time goes on? It seemed hard but doable at first, but a few days in I can't even step out the door without being murdered by something. For everything I kill, two more mobs seem to take its place. I even put down a Hostile Mob Inhibitor, but mobs keep spawning. Couldn't even get into Aura Cascade because I couldn't find any gold at all before hitting this wall.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
now I feel like a hipster, I was doing it before it was cool!

I feel ya man. I am just getting back to uploading regularly again.

Is this one of those packs where enemy spawn rates increases as time goes on? It seemed hard but doable at first, but a few days in I can't even step out the door without being murdered by something. For everything I kill, two more mobs seem to take its place. I even put down a Hostile Mob Inhibitor, but mobs keep spawning. Couldn't even get into Aura Cascade because I couldn't find any gold at all before hitting this wall.

Arminius, every 8 days mob spawns go through the roof AND they can spawn in lighted areas AND much closer to you. Your best bet during this time period is to find some kind of a hidey-hole and stay in it until things ease up. In my let's play, I made a sort of box using obsidian floor and ceiling and stone walls suspended in midair in a cave, with gaps I could hit things through to keep them from mining in to get at me. Alternately, you can make an obsidian box and just seal it completely, but when you come out you'll still have to deal with a ton of mobs so be sure you have some kind of bottleneck to protect yourself until you've thinned them out a bit. (Why, oh why, can't we make obsidian fencing? :D)

Welsknight Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for adding my series to the OP. Have to say, I've recorded about 10 episodes now, and I'm REALLY enjoying the pack. Great job!

hatlessdog

Jul 29, 2019
i was trying to start a banished server for me and my friends and i cant get the world to spawn right and its not giving me the quest book if anyone knows who to fix this i would be very grateful

Welsknight Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
now I feel like a hipster, I was doing it before it was cool!

Ironically, I probably wouldn't have done a series on it without your Let's Play. When I was playtesting it to see if I wanted to record it or not, I somehow failed to understand the whole "kill stuff to get dark power, trade dark power for stuff and abilities" concept. It was only after watching your first couple of Banished videos, facepalming at myself, and actually figuring out the gist of how the pack works that I decided to record it. ;)

Reactions: TheElectricCake

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Ironically, I probably wouldn't have done a series on it without your Let's Play. When I was playtesting it to see if I wanted to record it or not, I somehow failed to understand the whole "kill stuff to get dark power, trade dark power for stuff and abilities" concept. It was only after watching your first couple of Banished videos, facepalming at myself, and actually figuring out the gist of how the pack works that I decided to record it. ;)

I...Oh. Wow. Well I'm glad I could help then!

I really am very amateurish about my LPs. I stumble around a lot, don't post very regularly, don't really understand how to do editing other than splicing, and (alas!) I don't have the time to devote to fixing these things because I have a non-Youtube job. It's absolutely awesome that people like you can actually make a living doing these things, I must say! Clearly, it's not all sitting around beating on mobs...It takes a fair bit of time and work for me to make the tiny stab at editing that I do. Editing quality product is probably far more than a 40-hour-a-week-job...And I just mean the editing part, not the fun part of playing the game.

Even if I had the time to "go full-time" I imagine my bumpkin delivery wouldn't work out well. There's a reason almost all news anchors and radio hosts sound pretty similar. I suppose if Minecraft had a country & western audience set I'd do alright...Except I hate country & western. XD

Anyhow, thanks for watching and I do look forward to seeing how you deal with some of the madness that is Banished...Particularly, given your obvious building experience, in setting up bases to survive THE EIGHTH DAY. Since hollowing out the giant triangular cavern between two chasms which houses my current base, I've seen things on the 8th day that really made me twitchy...Nothing gets the blood pumping like seeing an entire spawn of four creepers, three of which are ender creepers, suddenly appearing just barely out of aggro range!

w1nterdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Stupid Question: Is it possible to have banish random world generation in the cave system? I've attempted multiple times to try and fiddle with the ftb download so that I don't get the same world every time I load in because to me the fun part is exploration. That's not the case when everything looks the same :|
I've only had onetime in which the cave system actually spawned in a "different area." it wasn't long before I realize it was the same zone just with ice placed over it for laughs and the ores were all in the same spot.
Other than that every time I make a world I spawn in a corridor. You either go left into lava/dead ends or go right into a pit below you/extremely high ceiling above you for mobs to spill out on your face. Being my first time playing it I immediately died. Second world generation I died again around the spawn area. Third world generation I had the format down and dug a hole only to be near immediately dug out from underneath me and die again. To be honest I don't like the set world I generate in and it bugs me that it won't change.