Closed No passive mobs (animals) spawn whatsoever.

P

PingJayPeg

Summary of the problem No passive mobs (animals) spawn whatsoever.

Pack Version 2.5.4

What is the bug? When I created an animal farm in a Taiga biome which is 15x15 and lit by torches, even when I'm 25+ blocks away nothing at all spawns. I still get hostile mobs (monsters) at night but never any animals. The difficulty is Normal. The farm on my main world is in the spawn chunk so to test if that was the problem, I made a new world and a new farm in the same way, but not in the spawn chunk, this time in a Plains biome. No results this time either. I haven't found any working fixes by googling.

Mod & Version

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes, just try to build an animal farm.

Known Fix Spawning with eggs, which I consider cheating and would rather not do.

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
As UniZero said, it takes time. The more space you have, the better.

If you want to use "bait", since that was added to the pack and not considered cheating, you can get animals to spawn right away.

P

PingJayPeg

I'll try this out and post my results in a bit. I had been waiting quite a long time with no results though. At one point I went AFK in my inventory for about an hour.

P

PingJayPeg

Well when I place cow bait it says that there is no water in this area. I go a few chunks away and come back but nothing happens.

P

PingJayPeg

Okay before I placed bait some animals spawned but I have no idea how or when.

P

PingJayPeg

It's fine now everything apart from the bait is working.