Next Direpack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TFS

Jul 29, 2019
When will the next Direpack come out on FTB? I heard rumors about a few weeks but i already heard them 2months ago :|

Iam really out of FTB- and Minecraft-News, so sorry if the question is answered somewhere.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
When will the next Direpack come out on FTB? I heard rumors about a few weeks but i already heard them 2months ago :|

Iam really out of FTB- and Minecraft-News, so sorry if the question is answered somewhere.
Stop asking about new packs. Just stop. Everybody stop. It's not helping. It won't make them come faster. All you'll get is some warning points and a locked thread.

Reactions: Hambeau

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Earliest = when the launcher is out.

No ETA for the launcher.

basically this. Direwolf mention in his DireNews his new pack will come out through the FTB launcher to make things easier for his viewers.
but his next pack will be a 1.6 one, which requires a new launcher from FTB
and seeing as the new launcher isn't released yet... well, you can already guess the answer

but please, please don't go making topics asking when the new launcher will be released

Reactions: Hambeau

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
For me the best way to get news is to watch Direwolf's vids (News, Forgecraft 2 & 3). He's said the pack is ready but will not be released except via FtB. I was watching an episode of FC3 when Slowpoke showed up and let slip verbally that the launcher "is farther along than expected" but was in pre-Alpha stage.

Things are being tested for correct operation, but they're not yet ready to turn it over to the public to break (and complain about).

DeSahd

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to comment on asking for updates. I totally agree that asking about mod pack update progress is counter productive as the modders are doing this for their own enjoyment. However, FTB just became a business by selling their merchandise. A business is beholden to their customer/user base. It would actually help them to give an abbreviated status every week or two.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
For me the best way to get news is to watch Direwolf's vids (News, Forgecraft 2 & 3). He's said the pack is ready but will not be released except via FtB. I was watching an episode of FC3 when Slowpoke showed up and let slip verbally that the launcher "is farther along than expected" but was in pre-Alpha stage.

Things are being tested for correct operation, but they're not yet ready to turn it over to the public to break (and complain about).

it could load a modpack, but that was about it if I recall right
meanwhile, slowpoke is having a blast with the early alpha

6C1zy9o.jpg

Reactions: Eyamaz

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
They also said on the Launcher v2 thread that they are now waiting for mod author permissions for the 1.6 packs. Which I assume means once they have those we can probably expect a release of all new 1.6 packs.

Zexmaxwell001

Jul 29, 2019
I have a feeling they are going to release the v2 launcher right when they talk about it at minecon this week end.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Just wanted to comment on asking for updates. I totally agree that asking about mod pack update progress is counter productive as the modders are doing this for their own enjoyment. However, FTB just became a business by selling their merchandise. A business is beholden to their customer/user base. It would actually help them to give an abbreviated status every week or two.

They owe us nothing at all... Not even a launcher if they get tired of all the "Are we there yet?" posts. FtB is not a business... the FtB Store is a business, but they don't owe us status updates because they don't sell the launcher... That's free.

If someone was getting paid 40 hours a week to work on the launcher and testing/verifying mods compatibility it would be a different story. The launcher would probably already be out by now with people already asking "Where's the 1.7.x launcher?" but as things stand it's all volunteer work, and if it were me that's maybe 10 hours a week at most.