New Ultimate Base(My Project Thread)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
With my old Ultimate world destroyed and Adeptcraft having it's problems I've started doing SSP again and I would love to get your guy's opinions on my builds as always. I'm just starting off. I just got into IC2 and i'm playing with GT on hard mode for the first time so things are going slowly. This is my base so far.

Just a simple 9x9 for now. This is housing my storage and my basic machines until I figure out what my long term plans are for a real base. Any ideas or suggestions?
65cos5.png

Can anyone tell me why the macerator pictures here isn't receiving power? The batbox is full and is facing the correct way.
5l9mxe.png

2999h4.png

Peeta

Jul 29, 2019
Objective numero uno for you is to make an iridium tungstensteel statue of yourself standing over an iridium tungstensteel xycraft tank filled with molten emerald. ;)

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Objective numero uno for you is to make an iridium tungstensteel statue of yourself standing over an iridium tungstensteel xycraft tank filled with molten emerald. ;)
Ofc. :) That should be everyone's first goal.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Update Time! I cleared out a ton of trees and I'm still at a complete loss for what kind of base I want to do. And I need a lot more space if I want to progress farther into IC2. Here's my pics.

ehcpe.png

And I got a bunch more machines and I'm running really low on coal so I'm going to setup a better power source as soon as I get a real base.
c69nm.jpg

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Update Time! I cleared out a ton of trees and I'm still at a complete loss for what kind of base I want to do. And I need a lot more space if I want to progress farther into IC2. Here's my pics.

ehcpe.png

And I got a bunch more machines and I'm running really low on coal so I'm going to setup a better power source as soon as I get a real base.
c69nm.jpg

Ok, now I would recomend you to build a tree farm to supor your generator, get into gregtech and then get passive ways to get power.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I have Geo-therms waiting to placed I just need to get a better base to put them down in. Plus I don't really have any way to do a tree farm yet. All the good ones require MJ.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
steve's carts doesn't. Just coal, wood, sticks, and other stuff that burns. I've rapidly run out of space for stuff due to not fully preparing for the massive increase in resources. I had plenty of wood to make chests, though.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
But SC is going to get a huge nerf in 1.5. No point is making in one now if i'll have to re-make it once 1.5 hits.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the point is that you use the unnerfed version now, and then by the time 1.5 hits, you should have a power system capable of supporting something like an MFR farm.

Besides, I don't think the nerf is so terrible that a properly-constructed farm wouldn't provide a large enough wood profit to support a few generators.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
While you wait until you get a decent supply of MJ power, what about a manual tree farm? One of the guys on the server I play Ultimate on runs all of his power off of a manual tree farm. He plans on using Forestry for a tree farm, but for the time being he just uses his charcoal that he gets from his farm to power his entire base, using a boiler.

As for what to build for your base, not sure for the actual building, but think big.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
Build yourself an NPC village using different blocks and then kidn- er, invite - some villagers to come live with you! Gets lonely in SSP...

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm definitely with stoner Santa. Think very big.

My house probably wastes about 80 percent of the space I made for it, but even if I was 100 percent efficient with space, I'd still require a lot of room for all of my junk. It's hard to acquire the materials for a large house in the early game, but I definitely think it would be worthwhile in the long run.

Otherwise you'll end up like me, and have to move your base to a larger location.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions. Sadly I'm too lazy for a manual tree farm and I I like to plan ahead so I would like to avoid anything that will need to be re-worked in the near future. As for my base i'm thinking of doing a cool fort. Maybe not a castle per say but a fort of some kind would be cool. I have the beginnings of it layer out already and will be posting pictures soon.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
But SC is going to get a huge nerf in 1.5. No point is making in one now if i'll have to re-make it once 1.5 hits.
If you read the announcement, you would know that 1.5 is not going to hit the ultimate pack any time soon (if ever, really), because the 1.5 should remain a "test" pack and they are waiting for 1.6 to make real updates for packs.
Might have read wrong, so do correct me if that's the case.

On an other note, your 9x9 looks fancy, but I'm sad that you just dropped the concept you started before it all went wrong on the server, it was really starting to feel like a base.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I'm definitely with stoner Santa. Think very big.

My house probably wastes about 80 percent of the space I made for it, but even if I was 100 percent efficient with space, I'd still require a lot of room for all of my junk. It's hard to acquire the materials for a large house in the early game, but I definitely think it would be worthwhile in the long run.

Otherwise you'll end up like me, and have to move your base to a larger location.
First of all, liking the name, I'll have to use that sometime.

Secondly, think in the sense of having more room than items. I made a big factory building in a test world that worked for 1 macerator + 1 furnace per ore. One wall would be covered in the machines. After I built it legitimately (took forever by the way, bricks are such a pain for huge buildings. I am so thankful of jetpacks) I immediately decided to use an industrial grinder instead of macerators. I also decided to use bluletric furnaces instead of IC2. I quickly found out that you cannot output items from the bottom of those furnaces... Or the left side... Or the top... In short, these two decisions took up much more space than I planned for. I still have tons of room in my factory room, but since I've been getting into Gregtech I don't think I will have much room after a while, ESPECIALLY if I have 16 MFSU's for my Matter Fabricators, and multiple Recyclers set up.

TL;DR: Build with more stuff than you plan for in mind.

Reactions: Mash

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the advice and the compliment. I may implement some of the ideas from my base on Adeptcraft into SSP. I do like how everything was connected through stairs and was on different levels and everything.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I unfortunatly didn't get to see your base but mine on the server is starting to get somewhere but this is looking good.