New Ultimate Base(My Project Thread)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Yea. I like the basalt around the house as a border and I like the basalt in the walls in the house. It makes a cool shadow. What about the roof? I'm not sure about the basalt under that and i'm not entirely sure about the actual roof.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
You could try something like I am doing in my world. My first week was just basic minecraft, building a Savanna Ranch complex, with buildings planned for future technology. Challenge was to make each building large enough for pipes, tubes, machines, etc. So far I have my main ranch, a barn which generates biofuel and seed oil. I built a blacksmith and sawmill combined structure. Have a small building that is my library (for enchanting and TC3 stuff), and recently built a greenhouse for beekeeping (until I found that a Savanna biome is not good for starter bees so had to make a separate building in a different biome to get started). I still need to build something for a brickworks and a glassworks.
All the buildings have basements and underground connections, so try and hide pipes/tubes and power lines.

Only down side is it's a bit impraticle, and requires a lot more resources for power/item transport as everything is spread over a larger area. The amount of redstone I've used up for conduits at this early stage - shudder.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
More pictures. I tried out a couple different kinds of multi blocks. I think they all look great. Still not sure about the stone slab roof though.

6pvjg7.png

348h5xv.png

jrv1oj.png

9st6ky.png

1z7znn.png

332vx4p.png

2yy37tz.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1367964194][/DOUBLEPOST]Tell me which one's you guys like better. The marble outline around the building or the basalt? Also, what kind of basalt do you guys like? There's 2 different kinds used in the 2nd picture.
looks super cool

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I'm not sure if i'll be able to play over the next few days due to school so the next update should be on Saturday.