New Ultimate Base(My Project Thread)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Update Incoming!

Top view of the fort type thing. I like the the wood but i'm not sure about what to do for a roof. I tried stone bricks and it was really bad. Way too much grey coloring. Any ideas?
29giloz.png

Front view of the base.
35n3i1x.png

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I think stone half slabs would look nice if you do each one of the towers in a cone shape.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean something like this? Not sure how I feel about it. Still seems like there's too much grey.
ebctvs.png

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
not quite go up a level every block so it wouldn't be so tall. like your making stairs with them

edit: found an image can't quite see it but it gives the Idea

20130125121512.png

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
ok. So use the actual half slabs. Not the full blocks. Also, it looks like you were having a problem with skeletons that day. lol

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
LOL ya it was on a server that I played on that died and someone as afking so I had to sit in my house all night.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions. Sadly I'm too lazy for a manual tree farm and I I like to plan ahead so I would like to avoid anything that will need to be re-worked in the near future. As for my base i'm thinking of doing a cool fort. Maybe not a castle per say but a fort of some kind would be cool. I have the beginnings of it layer out already and will be posting pictures soon.

MultiBlock farms are not too bad, you just needapatite and a bit of copper and tin!

That house looks good as it is

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Not gonna start a discussion about IC2 here. Since when did IC2 become so polarizing? I thought it was GT everyone hated blindly? Now we're bashing the god of tech mods? Come on people...

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Or just don't use texture packs at all :p
when you're using an ever evolving modpack, it's kinda hard to use a texture pack. Although I suppose with the 1.5 update textures all go into their seperate files, so if your TP doesn't cover a certain mod, it's textures will be default rather than purple square