New mod pack called : FTB fast 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErkTic

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, due to long time that everyone must wait before modpack update, it would be great to have modpack that can be updated really fast. So why not make modpack that have only few mods?

So here is the list :

- Applied Energistics
- BuildCraft
- Forestry
- NEI
- Enderstorage
- ChickenChunks
- CodeChickenCore
- ForgeMultiPart
- NEI Plugins
- WRCBE
- IC2 Experimental versions
- Advanced Machines
- GregTech or Tinkers Construct & Natura
- Thaumcraft
- Magic Bees
- Thaumic Tinkerer
- Portal Gun
- GravityGun
- Railcraft
- StevesCarts
- ExtraBiomesXL
- ATG
- BiblioCraft
- Factorization
- InvTweaks
- Iron Chests
- Mystcraft
- SoulShards
- Twilight Forest
- Electrodynamics (no? maybe?)

Did I miss some ? too much? something? plox comment

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, due to long time that everyone must wait before modpack update, it would be great to have modpack that can be updated really fast.

The amount of mods only moderately contributes to modpack updates.
There is FTB lite.

This is ENTIRELY the wrong place to suggest such a thing. Launcher Feedback does not equal the correct place to suggest a new modpack.

ErkTic

Jul 29, 2019
The amount of mods only moderately contributes to modpack updates. How is that ? cause some mods are updated faster and some slower (like redpower and right now thermal expansion)

There is FTB lite. 1.4.7 no updates, why you saying this ? I mean pack that can be always up to date in few days / maybe few weeks

This is ENTIRELY the wrong place to suggest such a thing. Launcher Feedback does not equal the correct place to suggest a new modpack. Sorry i searched and didnt find any better section for this

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
The amount of mods only moderately contributes to modpack updates. How is that ? cause some mods are updated faster and some slower (like redpower and right now thermal expansion)

There is FTB lite. 1.4.7 no updates, why you saying this ? I mean pack that can be always up to date in few days / maybe few weeks

This is ENTIRELY the wrong place to suggest such a thing. Launcher Feedback does not equal the correct place to suggest a new modpack. Sorry i searched and didnt find any better section for this

1. FTB has how many packs? And how many people are part of the modpack team? What's the demand for new packs? What's the demand for new packs for a new MC version? What's the demand for continuous updates on outdated versions? What's the demand for new things ALL THE TIME?
All of the mods could be updated, but if there's only 3 people to work on 20 packs, it's not going to happen in the blink of an eye. If there's no demand for a 1.4.x version, it won't get updated. If there's demand for everything, things will get done by the highest demand. Do note that the people who work on the modpacks are also trying to ensure that the packs are as bug free as possible.

2. If you want a lite pack, we have one.

3. LAUNCHER does not equal modpacks. There's an entire forum section called Third Party Modpacks. Stuff about modpacks goes there.

Reactions: lavarthan

ErkTic

Jul 29, 2019
1. FTB has how many packs? And how many people are part of the modpack team? What's the demand for new packs? What's the demand for new packs for a new MC version? What's the demand for continuous updates on outdated versions? What's the demand for new things ALL THE TIME?
All of the mods could be updated, but if there's only 3 people to work on 20 packs, it's not going to happen in the blink of an eye. If there's no demand for a 1.4.x version, it won't get updated. If there's demand for everything, things will get done by the highest demand. Do note that the people who work on the modpacks are also trying to ensure that the packs are as bug free as possible.

2. If you want a lite pack, we have one.

3. LAUNCHER does not equal modpacks. There's an entire forum section called Third Party Modpacks. Stuff about modpacks goes there.

Well it's not about that 3 people cant update modpacks but its about mods that cant be updated that fast
And i dont see a problem with 3 people work on 20 packs cuz its not that way, almost (cuz ofc there is direwolf20 pack, unleashed, unhinged) all pack are dead (no update will happen in near future)
So my idea is to make modpack out of mods that always been updated quickly (cuz why not?)
and how can it be in Third Party Modpacks when its about official mod pack ?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Well it's not about that 3 people cant update modpacks but its about mods that cant be updated that fast
And i dont see a problem with 3 people work on 20 packs cuz its not that way, almost (cuz ofc there is direwolf20 pack, unleashed, unhinged) all pack are dead (no update will happen in near future)
So my idea is to make modpack out of mods that always been updated quickly (cuz why not?)
and how can it be in Third Party Modpacks when its about official mod pack ?

I just opened my launcher. 26 public packs loaded. Note: this does not include the current private packs that the modpack team maintains. (There's a LOT).
Of those 26 public packs, 15 packs are from FTB. Of those 15, 3 are currently being maintained for 1.5.2, 2 or 3 are getting completely redone for newer versions. There are currently builds being put together for updated modpack/minecraft versions.

It's not as simple as having a "lighter" pack. Even if a light pack had mods that update constantly, there's still only 3 people to do it. 3 people who I can ASSURE you, do NOT live breathe and eat everything FTB. They have jobs and families and outside responsibility. There's not 25 hours in the day for everything demanded of them to get done.

Third party is EVERYTHING third party suggested. Everything.

ErkTic

Jul 29, 2019
if you saying that there is more than 3 packs maintain... too bad i was hoping for this (ofc u can make poll if people want old packs or this new one ;p)
Thanks for answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.