New Mod Pack Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feydaway

Jul 29, 2019
Add it manually?

I was thinking the same thing, but I might try adding it manually tonight. If this works then heck yes this is the best modpack out at the moment.

I really like DW20 and have been using his mod pack for my FTB LP series that I just started, but when I start my coop FTB series on my new channel I may use the Mindcrack pack instead if I can manually add the Mystcraft mod. That is if FTB Ultimate doesn't come out first.

Also to answer your first question this can be used as a SMP server. Just filter your launcher on "Server" instead of client. When you click the launch button you will then download the server files needed to run this mod pack as a SMP server. Then you can just click the launcher BAT file that comes with it and your up and running. I recommend editing the BAT file and adding a bit more RAM to its launch options. I've tested this modpack out myself and seen numerous videos of people playing Mindcrack on servers together. All the fun mods are there including portal gun and thaumcraft 3. Pretty awesome indeed!!!

Yep. We added it manually and upgraded the server to Mindcrack+Mystcraft. So far, so good. Everything seems to be working well. No ID conflicts in the world we have found yet, but you DO have to travel to undiscovered blocks to find the new blocks such as marble, etc.

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just like some news regarding it. Just so when people ask, there's an answer other than " no one knows".

It seems that there aren't any, there used to be rumors two weeks ago stating "anytime" but now there is nothing and to be frank if ultimate pack waits a bit longer minecraft 1.5 will come out before it gets old or polished.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
It seems that there aren't any, there used to be rumors two weeks ago stating "anytime" but now there is nothing and to be frank if ultimate pack waits a bit longer minecraft 1.5 will come out before it gets old or polished.
They're just waiting on mods to have stable releases. The problem is its hard to get all the mods at the point of being at a stable release and still compatible with each other at the same time.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019

It is a valid point, at that time the mod authors will likely want to switch development to 1.5 and any bugs in the 1.4 versions probably wouldn't get a fix unless it were urgent. Nobody likes maintaining two version branches.

I'm not sure why Ultimate hasn't had the same treatment as all the other packs: release it with the core mods and add the others as they come out. The world gen should be set now so I don't really understand the switch in policy - especially with the pack most people are waiting for...

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
That because Mystcraft will have some major changes in the next version, which is not quite ready yet.

World changing changes that will greatly affect the balance of the mod.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
That because Mystcraft will have some major changes in the next version, which is not quite ready yet.

World changing changes that will greatly affect the balance of the mod.

Mystcraft does not have world generation so it doesn't prevent anything being released (as was proven by the other packs initially being released without it).

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
But Myscraft 'is' world generation. Full worlds at that :)

You clearly are missing the point. You can generate stuff with it but adding it later does not impact the overworld generation at all. Mystcraft having a new version coming soon is thus not a reason to wait to release the pack at all. Were something like RP2 missing then that definitely would since the ore generation would be missing. Yes, it is a very important mod but it isn't one that can stop a pack being released for people to start using.

I'm still of the view that the ultimate pack should have been treated like all the other packs were - release the world gen complete base and then go from there. There are no updates at all, the "updates" thread hasn't been updated since it was posted... somewhat ironic that we need an update thread to update the updates thread :(

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
but the "new" mystcraft adds world gen, in villages

Where is your confirmation of this? Last I heard in IRC there was still not going to be world gen and the modified stuff would only appear in the randomized generation in mystcraft ages.

DJPARKER

Jul 29, 2019
On the first day that mindcrack was released i was able to log on and play but when i tried the day after it would just load for ages and wouldn't come up can someone plz help me

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
It might be just my thinking but it seems like that might be waiting for xycraft and use the ultimate pack to promote it as well. I've seen some of it's machines being used at Forgecraft server and praised a lot.

arthahar

Oct 31, 2012
New myncraft way learn symbols is search its in world. In future version you not just crazy jump by random worlds for symbols collection. In fact no like thing as random world as i understand will be in mod.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
New myncraft way learn symbols is search its in world. In future version you not just crazy jump by random worlds for symbols collection. In fact no like thing as random world as i understand will be in mod.

Exact, the new Mystcraft uses world gen to generate the symbols in village chests and dungeons, and that will be pretty much the only way to discover symbols to create worlds.

So if you started a world now, when Mystcraft comes around as finally ready (the current version is a buggy beta) you will be unable to find new symbols unless you generate loys of new terrain.

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
Exact, the new Mystcraft uses world gen to generate the symbols in village chests and dungeons, and that will be pretty much the only way to discover symbols to create worlds.

So if you started a world now, when Mystcraft comes around as finally ready (the current version is a buggy beta) you will be unable to find new symbols unless you generate loys of new terrain.

Don't mind me spoiling but you will have to generate same amount of terrain to get new symbols whether you get ultimate now and mystcraft update later or ultimte and mystcraft at the same time.

Still, a valid point might be, that incompatibility between old mystcraft worlds and new mystcraft worlds leading to crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.