New Mod Pack Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

revvamp

Jul 29, 2019
What ppl ignore as i think that base at amount mods included in Ultimate Pack it can have more high requirenment for non-laggy run. For me ultimate pack only as good base for have all proper std. configs for mods with many disabled after install it. It good have its all for install any 3rd party mods (for resolve conflicts with _any_ possible FTB mod and then disabale and not needed mods. Just for case if its will enbled later for existed world in future.
Yes, but has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Komoden

Jul 29, 2019
They are usually on the forums when they can be.
As for the ETA request, the answers you will likely receive: 1. when it's ready/done, 2. when all of the mods are ready/done
My personal favorite is "when they're done and people stop asking".
I know Ash.... Usually i don't make posts asking for ETA's since i know they rarely make any difference anyway. Usually try to hang around on Slow's and Jaded's streams to hear any news.

What ppl ignore as i think that base at amount mods included in Ultimate Pack it can have more high requirenment for non-laggy run. For me ultimate pack only as good base for have all proper std. configs for mods with many disabled after install it. It good have its all for install any 3rd party mods (for resolve conflicts with _any_ possible FTB mod and then disabale and not needed mods. Just for case if its will enbled later for existed world in future.
I am not planning on using the entire content of the Ultimate Pack. I want it because none of the current packs contain ALL of the mods i want to play with. The Mindcrack pack i close, but its missing Mystcraft.
I wish to use the Ultimate Pack to avoid the hassle of solving ID conflicts.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
So basically we're waiting for the ultimate pack because a mod that isn't needed for world gen is having problems? The only reason I'm waiting for the Ultimate pack to get started is the config changes from the mindcrack pack that will most likely be in the ultimate pack. Here's the thing though, if it's just one or two mods that aren't required for world gen why don't they release a "beta" version of the ultimate pack and make it known that Mystcraft will be added into it later after more bugs are worked out? That way people who want to make new worlds can go ahead and start with the beta version, and those that want to wait for myscraft can do that.

That said, I do understand that doing such a thing can put more load on the servers due to people effectively downloading the same things multiple times due to such a setup and how their modpack downloads seem to be implemented. Perhaps they can make it so if it's just an update the launcher can check the player's versions of the mods against what would be downloaded so you don't download one that doesn't need to be updated unless you force them to do so.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
I know many people have told me red words on the console are ok, but can anyone tell me why they happen? Just wondering.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I know many people have told me red words on the console are ok, but can anyone tell me why they happen? Just wondering.
The giant wall near the top when you first start up is a Forge thing. Basically (iirc) Forge is now looking for a closing statement at the end of a mod's code, but very few, if any, have this matching statement, so Forge is throwing this error. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too sure about it).

Many of the rest are known bugs in the code, or just things that the code doesn't like. But I'm not the expert on it, and that's the dumbed down version as explained by my hubby last time I asked him.

Bombasticator

Jul 29, 2019
will there be a way to tweak ore gen for gregtech and redpower in the ultimate pack? also i cannot seen to find a config to change redstone or coal generation.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Do Direwolfs pack and the Mindcrack pack use the universal set of ids that they plan to use with the ultimate pack?

Sanderdde

Jul 29, 2019
will there be a way to tweak ore gen for gregtech and redpower in the ultimate pack? also i cannot seen to find a config to change redstone or coal generation.
I think i heard something about that in the conversation between slowpoke and docm77 its on docm's youtube channel mindcrack future of ftb or something like that

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
While new pack added is great in the topic it should have had a date cause several times I have thought oh they added another one today.

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
While new pack added is great in the topic it should have had a date cause several times I have thought oh they added another one today.

Mate, I don't want to sound mean yet these mods are developed by volunteer coders and they do it just because they like it. They have jobs, some have schools and all have families. ETA is when it is done. I do the same thing for photography, people ask "When will you shoot another?" I reply "When I have the creative juices and will." that is how it works.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
Xenon. I mean something sublimely simple. No real info from coders. Need to be given just example" 12/27/2012 new pack released " then in body name of pack.

Nothing to do with mods just something for clarity and to give a solo spotlight to the new pack and day the new pack started.

Nothing having to do with a new pack every day. Its just you see the word new...you think new not several days ago when you put the quantifying date in the title it allows everyone to know when it was new and if it might be new to you at a glance.

For example how many papers would lead with the same front page for a week? If there was not changing content on the cover or a date that said the date in the upper right corner or lower corner who would know.

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
Xenon. I mean something sublimely simple. No real info from coders. Need to be given just example" 12/27/2012 new pack released " then in body name of pack.

Nothing to do with mods just something for clarity and to give a solo spotlight to the new pack and day the new pack started.

Nothing having to do with a new pack every day. Its just you see the word new...you think new not several days ago when you put the quantifying date in the title it allows everyone to know when it was new and if it might be new to you at a glance.

For example how many papers would lead with the same front page for a week? If there was not changing content on the cover or a date that said the date in the upper right corner or lower corner who would know.

If I am correct, you meant information package with the pack, just a bit of defining information other than we have "New Pack Released, pack includes these mods". It would be something good.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
If I am correct, you meant information package with the pack, just a bit of defining information other than we have "New Pack Released, pack includes these mods". It would be something good.
No, I think he means more like changing the title of the thread. He sees a new post in the thread "New Mod Pack Added" and he gets excited thinking there's a new modpack released.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Mate, I don't want to sound mean yet these mods are developed by volunteer coders and they do it just because they like it. They have jobs, some have schools and all have families. ETA is when it is done. I do the same thing for photography, people ask "When will you shoot another?" I reply "When I have the creative juices and will." that is how it works.

Not to start a fight or to sound mean, but Im not to sure why you picked apary buzyb's words the way you did, his first post was pretty simple, The title New Mod Pack is great, but its miss leading now that it has been a few days since it was actually new. If they added the date of the newness then it would be easy to determine if anything else new has actually been added. His second post basically explained exactly what I just said but in greater detail and still you kinda missed it. All hes talking about is adding 8 (at the most) characters to the title, not much work should only take a moderator 5 seconds to click edit topic name and add "12-24-12"

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
Not to start a fight or to sound mean, but Im not to sure why you picked apary buzyb's words the way you did, his first post was pretty simple, The title New Mod Pack is great, but its miss leading now that it has been a few days since it was actually new. If they added the date of the newness then it would be easy to determine if anything else new has actually been added. His second post basically explained exactly what I just said but in greater detail and still you kinda missed it. All hes talking about is adding 8 (at the most) characters to the title, not much work should only take a moderator 5 seconds to click edit topic name and add "12-24-12"

Or maybe maybe just maybe I couldn't understand. I couldn't understand what he meant twice, well that is just dumb of me and I am sorry if I've offended anyone.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Or maybe maybe just maybe I couldn't understand. I couldn't understand what he meant twice, well that is just dumb of me and I am sorry if I've offended anyone.
Not understanding is cool, but to assume that he was asking for a mod ETA and go off with the whole mod makers do this for fun and don't make money from it speech isn't.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe this thread just has ran its course. When a new pack gets out a new thread going with it will be started anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.