New Mod Pack Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzian

Jul 29, 2019
As i posted earlier i fixed the not able to download mindcrack by changing the version from recommended to 4 it then downloaded fine after hours of trying it before.

FravashY

Jul 29, 2019
As i posted earlier i fixed the not able to download mindcrack by changing the version from recommended to 4 it then downloaded fine after hours of trying it before.
Hello, Tzian. Still cant download Mindcrack server files. Link above is blocked due to Term of Service and using launcher, im getting this.
Code:
http://www.creeperrepo.net/getdate
http://chicago1.creeperrepo.net/direct/FTB2/d4a1d9e7a941771e0ea6441f84ff36a0/modpacks%5EMindCrack%5ERecommended Version%5EMindCrack_Server.zip
Could not open link: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 111: http://chicago1.creeperrepo.net/direct/FTB2/d4a1d9e7a941771e0ea6441f84ff36a0/modpacks%5EMindCrack%5ERecommended Version%5EMindCrack_Server.zip
I'v tried to change Download Loacation, but every time i got this error.

Tzian

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, Tzian. Still cant download Mindcrack server files. Link above is blocked due to Term of Service and using launcher, im getting this.
Code:
http://www.creeperrepo.net/getdate
http://chicago1.creeperrepo.net/direct/FTB2/d4a1d9e7a941771e0ea6441f84ff36a0/modpacks%5EMindCrack%5ERecommended Version%5EMindCrack_Server.zip
Could not open link: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 111: http://chicago1.creeperrepo.net/direct/FTB2/d4a1d9e7a941771e0ea6441f84ff36a0/modpacks%5EMindCrack%5ERecommended Version%5EMindCrack_Server.zip
I'v tried to change Download Loacation, but every time i got this error.

thats what i was getting when i was trying to download the recommended version, which it says your trying to download

when i was on the launcher i clicked on the "Edit Mod Pack" button, in there is a tab labelled Modpack Version, there i changed it from recommended to 4

then i was able to download it fine, it did change the url it was seeking the server files from

hope that helps

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Im so conflicted right now, I want to start up my new world now, but I really think that I should wait for the ultimate pack that way I can pick and choose what mods a little easier. Any official announcements been made yet?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Nope but the more problems which are resolved in the MindCrack and DW20 packs the less problems the Ultimate and other packs should have.

Reactions: Randomsteve

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Nope but the more problems which are resolved in the MindCrack and DW20 packs the less problems the Ultimate and other packs should have.
Yeah I didnt think that anything had been said yet. Well at least there working through the problems and getting the bugs worked out.

logoster

Jul 29, 2019
What I am curious to know is will this "ultimate pack" with all the mods in it have gregtech turned on hardmode? I really hope so because from what I have read the main FTB pack will have easier settings for Gregtech then what we've been playing in the beta, not sure why they would do that, just make a "easy I am a lil' baby pack" for the people moaning that can't handle Gregtech arrrrrr! ;) Yes I am aware I can play the Mindcrack version with these settings but playing that version on a channel could raise some issues if you are not affiliated with them.

poo you, gregtech recepies are annoying as hell, as ic2 was NEVER EVER made to be a late game mod, otherwise dont you think that the creator's/devs would have made it so themselves?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!! so i relaly hope they DISABLE gregtech recepies

Reactions: diggerjohn99

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
What I am curious to know is will this "ultimate pack" with all the mods in it have gregtech turned on hardmode? I really hope so because from what I have read the main FTB pack will have easier settings for Gregtech then what we've been playing in the beta, not sure why they would do that, just make a "easy I am a lil' baby pack" for the people moaning that can't handle Gregtech arrrrrr! ;) Yes I am aware I can play the Mindcrack version with these settings but playing that version on a channel could raise some issues if you are not affiliated with them.

No need to throw insults at people new to modding. I personally am not a fan of Gregtech, but I have adapted to it. If I had to start with them the way they are now, I'd be turned off from FTB. I am not a fan of GregTech's gift to make things more tedious needlessly. One thing is for sure, I am not checking out your channel now.

JMakAttak3

Jul 29, 2019
poo you, gregtech recepies are annoying as hell, as ic2 was NEVER EVER made to be a late game mod, otherwise dont you think that the creator's/devs would have made it so themselves?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!! so i relaly hope they DISABLE gregtech recepies
*recipes, *don't, *creators, *?, *really.
That being said, I (somewhat) agree with your point, but have my objections. IC2 is a mod that can be accessed early on in a game, but there are also some aspects that have been considered "overpowered" and "too cheap".

Sadly, none of these opinions matter.
You, me, CrazyAL and John Stamos can all disable or enable the Gregtech recipes in the configuration file. That's the beauty of it. No need to be uncivil and "poo you" anyone. ^_^

Merry Christmas.

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
*recipes, *don't, *creators, *?, *really.
That being said, I (somewhat) agree with your point, but have my objections. IC2 is a mod that can be accessed early on in a game, but there are also some aspects that have been considered "overpowered" and "too cheap".

Sadly, none of these opinions matter.
You, me, CrazyAL and John Stamos can all disable or enable the Gregtech recipes in the configuration file. That's the beauty of it. No need to be uncivil and "poo you" anyone. ^_^

Merry Christmas.
So your answer to this "over-powering" is to make it needlessly difficult and tedious?

JMakAttak3

Jul 29, 2019
So your answer to this "over-powering" is to make it needlessly difficult and tedious?
No, sir.
I didn't try to imply any personal opinion into my answer because that would make me seem judgmental. I think GregTech is a fantastic mod, but yeah, there are some parts of it that I dislike just as much as anyone else.

To answer IC2 seeming overpowered: We can all agree that by chopping one rubber tree down, finding 2 veins each of copper and tin, and throwing down some iron shouldn't get us 1 EU/t for endless time (in a solar panel). It won't be long before you have 2 solar panels, 3, a solar array, then a whole mass fabricator set-up which is equipping you with more, more, the solar panels are increasing, oh God, help, the humanity!

Hm. I love IC2, also.
I think GregTech is a complex mod which has been developed very nicely and I think users should use it as they please. ^_^
Again, Merry Christmas. :)

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
<--- That's the point! ;)
But you could choose another option, like me. I'll start with Thermal Expansion. Problem solved. ;)

Merry Christmas
I appreciate your opinion, but I never said that people shouldn't use it if they liked. I use it, but I am used to it. I like some of the GregTech machines, i just am not a fan of how they made some of the recipes too tedious. My argument was that the person before insulted people for not liking it, and what he was proposing would turn new gamers away from FTB.

JMakAttak3

Jul 29, 2019
Let's quit the arguing and get back to the actual focus of the post.
Mod packs being added! Woo! ;)

Thanks to the FTB team for all of their hard work (which, trust me, diggerjohn99, can be tedious in itself) to improve our experiences.

Dinolight2335

Jul 29, 2019
Guys. The mindcrack mod pack is bugged. It is now called Retro Feed The Beast version 1.2.5. It is still 1.4.6. Thats what i was confused on. And yes it does play call me maybe in the background of the start screen...

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Guys. The mindcrack mod pack is bugged. It is now called Retro Feed The Beast version 1.2.5. It is still 1.4.6. Thats what i was confused on. And yes it does play call me maybe in the background of the start screen...

Your launcher is bugged mine shows fine and chooses fine.

sondrex76

Jul 29, 2019
maby you could look at this ic2 addon: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=8052 it adds some realy powerful tools that needs MUCH more energy then the normal ones. its a cool small ic2 addon.
its not like the advanced drill and chainsaw from gravichest, they are more expensive and are better, the axe has a treecapitator feature (needs a LOT of energy, 500 instead of 80 per block. the same with the drill but it has a 3x3 mining ability (needs a LOT of energy and costes MUCH more then the advanced drill or the normal diamound drill.

you could also look at some cool small tweak mods: advanced hud, has a lot of features and customasation, like a light level scanner, a minimap that can be on/of and a death counter.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...youve-downloaded-on-22-dec-please-redownload/

mouse tweaks, its a mod like inventory tweaks but its more stabel and it does OTHER things then inv tweaks but its realy cool and helpful, recommand everybody check it out. here's the link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1518185-145-146-sspsmp-mouse-tweaks-beta-4/

Status
Not open for further replies.