New Mod Pack Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devvz

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, they seem to go down at least a couple of times a day from my experience. Slow should really find a reliable provider. Then again I bet there's a behind the scene contract of sorts, and money is always more important than users :)
True, I understand they are a mod developer running off of donations. However, a working file host should but #1 in terms of priorities :mad:

R3Testa

Jul 29, 2019
True, I understand they are a mod developer running off of donations. However, a working file host should but #1 in terms of priorities :mad:
Nah. Working launcher, working mod pack, THEN making sure people can get them

monkeypuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to mods, but I've happily gone down the rabbit hole and made a really good hardworking start on a world with the 1.4.2 beta A FTB pack. Are there any downsides to updating to the mindcrack pack, like issues with world gen? I know they are restarting their world, but I'm not clear what was the deciding factor. Is it better to wait for the official ftb pack to come out, and will there be issues with world gen with that? And finally, will I be able to switch back to it if I use the mindcrack pack now?

Sorry if these questions were answered already. I skimmed the thread but didn't see them.

Thanks for the great fun!

Ps: For issues with world gen, can you just create mystcraft ages to get the missing ores and such?

thaile4ever

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt it's because of money that Slow is sticking with Creephost. Really the main problem is Creephost had piss poor service in the US before the pack can out as they are mainly a European Company.

I tried them before the whole FTB came out and the only open servers they had in the US was in Chicago and they had no plans on adding more servers at their other locations when I asked.

To give them credit they have been upgrading their servers and such since. As demands dies down there will be less problems.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
I dont believe there is any Behind the scenes activity going on at all. In fact slow was pretty clear in one of his streams that Creeper host offers there services for free to the FTB team because they wanted to be apart and give what they could to support the FTB idea. Slow said that if anyone comes up with another host as good as creeper host that is willing to work out a deal not to charge the FTB team that he would glady use them.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
(I do apologize for cutting down the original post, please forgive it)
Are there any downsides to updating to the mindcrack pack, like issues with world gen?
Well, the 1.4.2 pack didn't use the "universal" block ids they are now using for the various packs the FTB team makes, so you would have to change a lot of configs, sadly.

I know they are restarting their world, but I'm not clear what was the deciding factor. Is it better to wait for the official ftb pack to come out, and will there be issues with world gen with that? And finally, will I be able to switch back to it if I use the mindcrack pack now?
The main factor is that the pack for 1.4.2 was a beta one, and as said for the previous question, the block ids changes, so it is not just wordlgen. Note that you could take your old config, the new one, and work out the differences to make all work fine together, but I assume it could be quite a work, depending on what IDs changed.

Ps: For issues with world gen, can you just create mystcraft ages to get the missing ores and such?
Once the IDs problems are solved, you could use Mystcraft to get the new worldgen, yes.
Be advised that by default, the "Mindcrack" pack doesn't have mystcraft, so do take it from the "direwolf20" pack.

Niiroxis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to mods, but I've happily gone down the rabbit hole and made a really good hardworking start on a world with the 1.4.2 beta A FTB pack. Are there any downsides to updating to the mindcrack pack, like issues with world gen? I know they are restarting their world, but I'm not clear what was the deciding factor. Is it better to wait for the official ftb pack to come out, and will there be issues with world gen with that? And finally, will I be able to switch back to it if I use the mindcrack pack now?

Sorry if these questions were answered already. I skimmed the thread but didn't see them.

Thanks for the great fun!

For you, I wouldn't recommend going with the mindcrack pack because it has gregtech on full hardcore mode and can really screw people up that are beginning to get into mods. I would suggest that you wait for either the Ultimate pack or the Tech World pack and just create a whole new world. That's just my recommendation, take it how you see fit.

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
I dont believe there is any Behind the scenes activity going on at all. In fact slow was pretty clear in one of his streams that Creeper host offers there services for free to the FTB team because they wanted to be apart and give what they could to support the FTB idea. Slow said that if anyone comes up with another host as good as creeper host that is willing to work out a deal not to charge the FTB team that he would glady use them.

That's a load of crap. The FTB community is HUGE, and what better place to advertise a minecraft hosting service then one on a large minecraft community? It's not free, it's offering a service in exchange for advertisement, which is quite valuable.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
That's a load of crap. The FTB community is HUGE, and what better place to advertise a minecraft hosting service then one on a large minecraft community? It's not free, it's offering a service in exchange for advertisement, which is quite valuable.

I dont see how that makes my statement really all that different. Creeper host is offering there services free of charge to the FTB Team. If it wasn't for that I highly doubt that the FTB team could afford to pay for any where near as good of a host. People need shut up and stop complaining like babies every time the host goes down. If you don't like it then go ahead and put your own mod pack together and download the mods 1 by 1 for yourself, or better yet pay for a better server host for FTB. Yes Creeper host is getting some advertisement from FTB but really how much advertisement have you seen? There is only a few places were the name CreeperHost is mentioned and most of them aren't all that big or right in your face.

You decided to pick apart the word "free" for some reason, reason being I have no idea. However sense you are obviously to obtuse to realize it Ill spell it out for you. The FTB team has (whether you know it or not) bills to take care of and they really aren't getting payed to do this, (Yes they now have a massive fan base and do make a good sum from donations). Creeper host stepped in and offered there services "FREE OF MONETARY CHARGE" to the FTB team. I never once said that creeper host wasn't getting anything from the exchange.

monkeypuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the 1.4.2 pack didn't use the "universal" block ids they are now using for the various packs the FTB team makes, so you would have to change a lot of configs, sadly.

The main factor is that the pack for 1.4.2 was a beta one, and as said for the previous question, the block ids changes, so it is not just wordlgen. Note that you could take your old config, the new one, and work out the differences to make all work fine together, but I assume it could be quite a work, depending on what IDs changed.

Once the IDs problems are solved, you could use Mystcraft to get the new worldgen, yes.
Be advised that by default, the "Mindcrack" pack doesn't have mystcraft, so do take it from the "direwolf20" pack.

Thank you for taking the time to reply with exactly what I needed to know. I'll probably wait until the official ftb update and then learn all about config files, which I think will still be far less work than starting a new world (plus, I'm just attached, you know). I was just looking through the folders, and I assume I just need to compare all the files in the config folder, none of which look too daunting. Is there anything beyond that? Thanks again.

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having a problem with Thaumcraft in Direwolf Pack? It works perfectly on single player but when I use server, wands do not recharge and goggles do not show any aura.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having a problem with Thaumcraft in Direwolf Pack? It works perfectly on single player but when I use server, wands do not recharge and goggles do not show any aura.

Are use using a map that was generated before TC3 was installed? If yes, you need to go in the config files to activate the regeneration of TC3 features and world gen on your older map (TC3 is awesome like that).

If not, I am not sure what your problem could be.

Reactions: Xeonen

daniel21

Jul 29, 2019
mindcrack awesome good job feed the beast team... But when will come server for mindcrack???
happy x-mas feed the beast team :)

Status
Not open for further replies.