Votes: 72 11.7%
  • No

Votes: 546 88.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RASISTsquerly

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like a cool sounding idea, but that could end up causing lag. Maybe a "More Info" when you scroll over a modpack, then there could be a video you can play, along with images, good lets' plays, and text to help new players out.
Yea your idea sounds good too so the lets play thing it sound show youtube people that do the lets play.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I think that everyone who puts the texture packs and maps in the section for each pack has the right idea. You need to make it clear which pack the texture pack is going to install to.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
A little quirk: When I try to "edit mod pack" and move the original launcher screen (behind the "Mod Pack Editor"), it won't let me. It'd be useful in order to find folders (with mods) behind the launcher. But that's small.

muffinops

Jul 29, 2019
I think you should take out the pack picture thing and who made them so it just say what pack it is and the pic and info and stuff come up when you hover your mouse over the pack

Stabington

Jul 29, 2019
One feature I've missed in the launcher is the ability to add a custom mod pack locally (like MultiMC).
Using 2 launchers seems a bit redundant. Probably won't be much work to integrate that into the FTB launcher.

Reactions: kolikooo1 and Shwat

tclan01

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe have a tab that references all of Direwolf20's videos? He's the main reason I got into FTB, so his videos would be a great way to advertise.

Babycat

Jul 29, 2019
This is how I think the new launcher should look.
FTB Ultimate
Direwolf20's Pack
Mindcrack Pack --> Texture Packs Launch GregTech Easy/Hard Server Download Version : _____ Maps
FTB Lite
Voxel Mod Pack
And so on

P.S. The underlined stuff is a button and I didn't feel like putting all the modpack names

Zeroskillz4

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps a server list where you select one server, it downloads the pack it requires and then joins said server as soon as the game loads? When I mean packs I mean official ones not custom ones.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps a server list where you select one server, it downloads the pack it requires and then joins said server as soon as the game loads? When I mean packs I mean official ones not custom ones.
The issue with this is that then there would be servers considered 'official' servers, and some would get servers in the list and others wouldn't.

Zeroskillz4

Jul 29, 2019
The issue with this is that then there would be servers considered 'official' servers, and some would get servers in the list and others wouldn't.

I agree, but the idea could be adjusted so you can still "view" a servers status (once the ip is entered) and join said server opening the modpack required. It would save a lot of time instead of launching different modpacks just to see whether a server is on under the vanilla multiplayer menu/tab

gladiusmaximus12

Jul 29, 2019
So here are some ideas i have.
- A bigger launcher window (maximize window). Trying to read all that stuff inside the current window is just absurd.
- a toggle key for the console window (don't know if it already exist, if so, please tell me). Sometimes i close it by accident other times is just annoying, either way, i would like a way to toggle it on and off.
- On the launcher, next to the names of the mods used, their versions respectively.
- On Settings or somewhere else more "access simple" an option to use (and automatically download) OPTIFINE (way too many people need this to be ignored (myself included)).
- Make maps collapsible (not sure if i wrote it correctly). for example:

Direwolf maps +
__________SMP maps +
______________server play ep ####
______________server play ep ####
__________SSp maps +
______________season 20 ep 2062

etc...
- diferent icons for the different modpacks. Right now most of them say FTB
- when you try to edit a modpack it will always go to "documents", so a way to change that.
- This is optional, and i'm not sure if it can even be implemented, a way to create/edit a modpack, locally, and hit a button. This button would create a zip/rar/7zip with all the mods and configs (just this, no minecraft) . So it's easier to send to someone else.

these are all i have for now.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
- a toggle key for the console window (don't know if it already exist, if so, please tell me). Sometimes i close it by accident other times is just annoying, either way, i would like a way to toggle it on and off.
Options tab. It was added a long time ago

"- On the launcher, next to the names of the mods used, their versions respectively."
I'm pretty sure this would require a more complex update when the modpacks do update.
"- diferent icons for the different modpacks. Right now most of them say FTB"
The icons, I believe, are telling you who made, designed or is in control of the modpack.

iamjackproskater

Jul 29, 2019
Please make it so its a one click application so i dont have to open up the folder then click ftb launcher then click login then click no for the update make it one click for previous users and then multiple for new users to where they can choose the modpack they want

gladiusmaximus12

Jul 29, 2019
gladiusmaximus12 said:
“- a toggle key for the console window (don't know if it already exist, if so, please tell me). Sometimes i close it by accident other times is just annoying, either way, i would like a way to toggle it on and off.​
Options tab. It was added a long time ago
Sorry if i didn't explain myself correctly, what i meant to say was....how to explain.... when you launch the game through the FTB launcher and through the selected modpack you get 2 windows, minecraft and console. So my suggestion was to make a keyboard key to toggle the console on and off on the go. Because if you close the console and you want it back on again, you have to restart the FTB launcher, this of course meaning closing up minecraft followed by the FTB launcher, and that gets annoying.
Not sure if i made myself clear. Can try explaining again ;)

"- diferent icons for the different modpacks. Right now most of them say FTB"
The icons, I believe, are telling you who made, designed or is in control of the modpack.
As for the icons, I'm sorry, i do understand your point but i still believe they should be different. Maybe when you select them have them say something like made by:xxxxx administrated by:xxxxxxx something like that... but a bit fancier (i don't have a very definitive idea about this one)

OldDogy

Jul 29, 2019
Please make it so its a one click application so i dont have to open up the folder then click ftb launcher then click login then click no for the update make it one click for previous users and then multiple for new users to where they can choose the modpack they want

How about you make a shortcut of he launcher to your desktop, (it doesn't ask to log in !?! o_O), and on the right side of the chosen pack click recommended and select the exact version you want to use and it won't ask you if you want to update.
Now all you have to do is run the Launcher and click launch...

Anyhow I guess what you wanted to say is that when the launcher instals the certain pack... that pack should have it's own .exe file installed with it so it runs that pack directly ...

Reactions: iamjackproskater

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
How about you make a shortcut of he launcher to your desktop, (it doesn't ask to log in !?! o_O), and on the right side of the chosen pack click recommended and select the exact version you want to use and it won't ask you if you want to update.
Now all you have to do is run the Launcher and click launch...

Anyhow I guess what you wanted to say is that when the launcher instals the certain pack... that pack should have it's own .exe file installed with it so it runs that pack directly ...

I think he means having an option for the modpack itself to have a shortcut, so you don't have to worry about using any launcher.

Giga

Jul 29, 2019
Personal modpacks. What I mean by this is allowing someone to create their own pack inside the launcher, and make a code for it, then give that code to others. The launcher uses MultiMC instances, so it would be much the same process as making one of those. The codes don't even have to include an image or anything for the personal packs, just the name and a list of mods.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Personal modpacks. What I mean by this is allowing someone to create their own pack inside the launcher, and make a code for it, then give that code to others. The launcher uses MultiMC instances, so it would be much the same process as making one of those. The codes don't even have to include an image or anything for the personal packs, just the name and a list of mods.
Maybe you should take a look here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/guidelines-for-private-mod-packs.9598/

Chinthor

Jul 29, 2019
Here's another bit that might be helpful. Have the option to download and/or update packs (multiple iterations at different versions or with different customizations, as has been suggested, would also be nice.) without launching. Sometimes, in order to customize my build, I have to launch, choose to update, then close out and make changes to the configs. Also, if your bandwidth isn't so hot, it would be nice to have it all done beforehand, then one can just sit down and play.

Reactions: Croaganey and Yuka
Status
Not open for further replies.