Nether changes... ridiculous!

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
A significantly more dangerous transport hub, that required a unique method of building to use it safely.
Yes, adding glass walls or cobblestone to protect yourself against ghasts, and not attacking any zombie pigmen. Much more difficult then doing something like this on the overworld.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Nether brick can be made by smelting netherrack now. Added in vanilla iirc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
indeed. and several mods have added alternative recipes as well. he. you can make nether brick without even once going to the nether with ex-nihilo... it has a lot of steps to it, but it's doable.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Originally it only added special ores that exploded and made pigmen angry because, you know, they were valuable, so it does count as "adding stuff". Eventually it made nether quartz valuable to pigs (and explosive) as well.
I'm surprised that glowstone isn't considered a nether ore too, given how somewhat rare it is without TE3. Nether brick should explode and make them mad too because fortresses aren't the most common thing, the same for soul sand without BoP. In fact, just make pigmen angry if you break anything in the Nether. They're selfish.

In fact,make them aggresive as soon as you put your feet on the nether.. They are watching how an Alien race steps through the portal.. What would you do? XD

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'd think to myself "Poor aliens, you are going to get owned..."

Since alien invaders always get killed/removed at some point, the Nether needs to be even more dangerous, to give those Pigmen a fighting chance against these overworld invaders!

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Every piece of netherrack should become an angry pigmen and every piece of soul sand a ghast. Then they all come through the portal searching for you.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I'd think to myself "Poor aliens, you are going to get owned..."

Since alien invaders always get killed/removed at some point, the Nether needs to be even more dangerous, to give those Pigmen a fighting chance against these overworld invaders!
Those aliens always lose because the story demands the heroes find a way to defeat them. And is Steve the Hero of Minecraft, or are the Pigmen?
...And invasive species may wish to show you just how false this is in real life.

Besides, who wins in the end: a bunch of poorly equipped tribals or a handful of very well equipped invaders?

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
And hopefully there will be End Ores as well in the future, which randomly teleport you when mined.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Only 4 times? Nether ores is a brilliant mod, gives you a reason to actually go to the nether.
Be more prepared, the nether is supposed to be minecrafts answer to Hell. Whether you are a theologian or not Hell is not supposed to be a nice place.

Try playing with Lycanites mobs activated... You tend to not move anymore then 10 blocks from the portal before you die or start to retreat. You need to kit yourself out with some beast armor and a good range weapon is a must, a dart rifle and or a Xenos pistol shall suffice.
Also chisel factory blocks give a nice Doom like vibe to your nether base to match the Hell knights and Cacoademons mucking about.

But yeah, nether ores rule.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Chuck in the better dungeons mod, and scream in fear at the Ghast Dragon that flys around, carving tunnels through the netherrack....