Need or Have Ideas? ->Check here<-

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Nope... you still at some point have to use the Cart Assembler and you run into that 2nd issue of having to wait and you still have to deal with a level of complexity some people do not find fun.

Just to be clear to to assemble is often multiple minutes for the cart. You can have all your parts AE crafted and ready pop them in the assembler and be told come back in 10 minutes for the really advanced ones. Most carts around around a minute or two and if your making multiple carts for automation that adds up.

I'm not saying this is a huge issue but it is one of he gripes I see often with the mod as there is no way to automate this part of the mod.

I know that, yeah. But still, if you have multiple cart assemblers then you could do it. It might take quite a while but you could lay down rails or something or other, idk. It does take a heck of a long time though.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I know that, yeah. But still, if you have multiple cart assemblers then you could do it. It might take quite a while but you could lay down rails or something or other, idk. It does take a heck of a long time though.

And that is one of the huge issues some people have with SC.

Over all it is a nice mod but in a pack a lot of the stuff you can do with SC you can do with a much shorter setup time with other mods which is why you don't see it used as much as it could be.

Noby07

Jul 29, 2019
Please add to the list:
Build a Mob farm woth the mob of your choice, but use steves carts to kill them. (SS, MFR, SC)

TheN1K0L4Z

Jul 29, 2019
Here's an Idea:

Convert a survivalist's fort, into a mansion, as you progress.

For added challenge:

Forge a city in SSP and defend it from nightly mob invasions. If the city stands (assuming your city hall is not breached) within:
5 days: Coal Medal
10 days: Iron Medal
25 days: Gold Medal
50 days: Diamond Medal
100+ days: Titanium Medal

I'll build a map with a city, play it on Hard Survival, no cheats, NEI usage limited to Recipe mode. Fortifications to the city (automated or otherwise) are allowed only for legitly crafted items and collected resources.

Legit enchantments to gear are allowed.

Reactions: The classless

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
@Noby07 I already have "I LIKE TRAINS! : Use Steve's Cart and Rail Craft as your main automation system. If you can do it with carts do so. (SC/RC)" which killing mobs with steve's cart falls under.
@TheN1K0L4Z this is already covered more or less by "Find a village and then expand and rebuild it into a large 100+ population themed city (any)" since to get a village to 100+ pop would require you defended it nightly in some fashion. And the Fort to a mansion thing I am fairly sure is how a vast number of people play by default as expanding is easier then rebuilding or creating a full base from scratch.

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
Okay,ideas I got atm:
-Try to get best stats with endgame IC2 crops
-Try to do the biggest power buffer
-Overkill everything!
-No boiler challenge
-No MPS challenge
I will try to do the No Boiler and No MPS on the next map,also I'm one of the few persons which(or is that?)likes IC2 Agriculture

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
@matpower Added the prefect crop thing.
But the No (mod here) challenge really is not so much a challenge as not everyone even use those mods or even sees them as useful so its not really something that effects people all that much.

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
@matpower Added the prefect crop thing.
But the No (mod here) challenge really is not so much a challenge as not everyone even use those mods or even sees them as useful so its not really something that effects people all that much.
I thought so :(
I wonder if I can do one myself,IC2 Crops,here goes matpower!

Willsy

Jul 29, 2019
Create a forestry tree orchard for each type of breedable forestry tree including Extra Trees (mods needed = Forestry and Extra Trees)

This is what i am doing on my FTB Unleashed world.

EDIT: Damn phone grrrr.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Create a forestry tree orchard for each type of breedable forestry tree including Extra Trees (mods needed = Forestry and Extra Trees)

This is what i am doing on my FTB Unleashed world.

I do not have any sort of collect all the X or any of that in this list as those are fairly simple and hopefully you don't need someone to tell you collecting one of every bee could be a project. Also missing are any 'complete' the mod sort of things as with the bees it should be obvious that you could make a project by unlocking/building everything a mod offers.​

Right in the the main post I don't have this sort of thing in the list for a reason. Extending it to a full orchard does not really add much to the whole idea.

CapturetheBomb

Jul 29, 2019
-50% of steam generation must be created using Factorization.
-Energy storage is forbidden. (No batteries, IC2 storage devices (includes the Lapatron, Energy Cystals and RE batteries; Chargepads okay), and redstone energy cells. If I am missing anything, let me know.)
-You can only use Luminators for light. (IC2)
-Make a giant (50+ blocks tall) FTB logo using diamond, emerald, and redstone blocks surrounded by obsidian.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Go into the TiC config and disable vanilla tool crafting. Still perfectly playable, just very hard. I do this myself.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
It's No Lie: Build a fully automatic cake factory powered entirely by a skeleton spawner. Bonus points for making it mobile (turtles or frames) and send it off laying an infinite trail of cakes in a flat mystcraft age.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Say Hello To My Little Friend: Use golems for all your automation needs. (Thaumcraft)
The Soaryn Effect: Store all your stuff in chests, no sorting and no AE allowed. (Vanilla, Iron Chests, Better Storage)
Information Overload: Display stats for everything, all over your base (Power levels, liquid storage, item storage etc) (CC+OpenPeripherals or Nuclear Control)
Dial the Gate: Build a Mystcraft portal system that allows the user to select the end destination (Mystcraft, CC)
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Build a cinema system. Bonus points if you screen films other than Star Wars (CC)
Dance Commander: Build a fully functional Disco! (Any)

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Say Hello To My Little Friend: Use golems for all your automation needs. (Thaumcraft)
The Soaryn Effect: Store all your stuff in chests, no sorting and no AE allowed. (Vanilla, Iron Chests, Better Storage)
Information Overload: Display stats for everything, all over your base (Power levels, liquid storage, item storage etc) (CC or Nuclear Control)
Dial the Gate: Build a Mystcraft portal system that allows the user to select the end destination (Mystcraft, CC)
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Build a cinema system. Bonus points if you screen films other than Star Wars (CC)
Dance Commander: Build a fully functional Disco! (Any)

How wouldyou use CC to display liquid levels in a railcraft tank? Or the energy in an MFSU? I know how to do it with nuclear control, but not CC, any tips?