Necessities for every mod pack (almost)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
These mods aren't very popular but they are fun to use in mod packs. They are by a guy called Bob the Godly you can check him out on pmc. But I add all his mods to my personal packs and they are really fun to play with.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
My necessities (unless I'm trying to learn a specific mod, like RotaryCraft or GregTech) are Witchery, Flaxbeard's Steam Power, and Railcraft.

Obviously NEI and stuff like that too, but those aren't really worth mentioning.

Reactions: trajing and 1SDAN

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Building mods are also important like chisel, or carpenters blocks(don't use CB often but still) or microblocks. And I also like Extra Utilities and Open Blocks, kinda generic but they can really help any pack

Reactions: RedBoss

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
And I also like Extra Utilities and Open Blocks, kinda generic but they can really help any pack
Eh. Not sure about "any pack". Magic and hard packs really don't need them in, as they are neither magic nor hard.
Building mods are also important like chisel, or carpenters blocks(don't use CB often but still) or microblocks.
[shameless plug and selfishness]
I think Santa's Decor is my favorite decor mod...
[/shameless plug and selfishness]

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
forge, for everything else.
NEI and WAILA. item/recipie lookup and instant block/data info.
minimap w/ mob radar.

for actual gameplay mods. . . toughie. lots of good ones.
TC and Rekia's mods. first for tools, second for all the things.
maybe Enchanting+ because I don't really like the randomness of the vanilla setup.
maybe ironchests.
maybe AE or BC for item sorting. Rekia has the rest pretty much covered.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I am not good at minecraft I cannot live more than 5 minutes with enviromine (t.t) <--Double face palm

Reactions: 1SDAN

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I've noticed I basically need TE itemducts and conduits. I paused playing 1.7.10 until the new mod with those parts is released. Not just for the functionality, but also the look (which is weird since I'm not an aesthetic builder).

I know Ender IO has some great stuff to replace it, but for some reason I can't get over the "indoors water plumbing" look of the pipes.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed I basically need TE itemducts and conduits. I paused playing 1.7.10 until the new mod with those parts is released. Not just for the functionality, but also the look (which is weird since I'm not an aesthetic builder).

I know Ender IO has some great stuff to replace it, but for some reason I can't get over the "indoors water plumbing" look of the pipes.

There's always Buildcraft pipes or Extra Utilities transfer nodes. I thought there was a config in Ender IO which allowed you to alter the diameter of the pipes anyway

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
I've thrown together a few packs for myself when I want to check out the new Minecraft version and I'm not patient enough to wait for one, or even for all the usual mods to update, so I actually have a mental checklist for this sort of thing. ;)
Specific essentials:
NEI, Iron Chests, Inventory Tweaks
General Essentials:
-Some sort of minimap (I get lost horribly without one XD )
-Item transport (whether pipes, or golems, or Railcraft)
-Auto-mining (turtles/arcane bore/quarry/other)
-Ore processing (once, all I had was TiCon)
-Sorting system
-Biome/terrain mods (to make the world more interesting because I like exploring)
-Mod(s) I've never played before and feel like trying out because they look interesting (sometimes found just by browsing the MC forums)

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I just recently found DualHotbar, I'll be adding that to everything I play now.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
O just thought of something awesome, if extra utilities had an XP generator it could be super efficient but slow or super fast be eats XP. It would use bottles of experience or xpjuice/liquid XP pumped in but I think it would be awesome to have something like this

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I think the reactant dynamo from Thermal Expansion can use Liquid XP/Mob Essence as a fuel