Name changer mods

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tzian

Jul 29, 2019
Hi sorry if i am putting this in the wrong place, but hopefully i am not.

i did a search but sadly i just got a billion results for server adverts, so i come forth with the question hoping for some wise words of advice please

Could anyone recommend a mod with which an admin can change the display name of a user that is compatible with ftb?

i ask cos googling etc only leads me to bukkit ones, we dont have bukkit only forge (that which comes with mindcrack)

and the reason i ask is that we have a gaming community which has a small mindcrack server, but folks name on it dont always match up with their forum names so folks get confused as to who they are etc :D

Any help would be much appreciated, when we were all on craftbukkit getting plugins was simple but now i am wary of upsetting the status quo which we have atm :D

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Awww I thought you were asking for a mod that changed the names of items and I was like yay I can download it so I can correct some wrong American spellings here and there to the correct English spellings. Shame that's not what you're after.

Reactions: Dravarden

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Awww I thought you were asking for a mod that changed the names of items and I was like yay I can download it so I can correct some wrong American spellings here and there to the correct English spellings. Shame that's not what you're after.
You can do that clientside in your language files by hand, I think.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
nah, I'm not being serious. I was talking more about things like changing XYCraft's "Aluminum" into "Aluminium" but yeah I don't really care enough to bother :p

Then we could change GregTech's "Aluminium" to "Aluminum", and everyone will be confused more so than usual! Perfect!

Honestly now, let's just go with the PROPER spelling: "alumium".

The etymology of alumium is an interesting read.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
well, see, Eloraam changed the name of her Emeralds to "green sapphire" because of a vanilla addition.
Will Xycraft change the name of it's quartz crystals?
interesting subject methinks..

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
well, see, Eloraam changed the name of her Emeralds to "green sapphire" because of a vanilla addition.
Will Xycraft change the name of it's quartz crystals?
interesting subject methinks..

Maybe XyCraft will change the name of its quartz crystals to "void me please!", eh?

Tzian

Jul 29, 2019
oh sorry for the confusion, i cannot edit it to say avatar name changer now either :(

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Or at least make them useful in SOME way besides making a spiky pit under the original spawn point and in your moat around your castle, eh?
Read the latest updates. The uses are already trickling in. And probably more to come. Rather than disabling them altogether, a config setting for the overall density would be nice.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
This video mentions some mod used to set avatar name, not sure if it persists between logins or how it handles skins.

Reactions: Tzian

Tzian

Jul 29, 2019
thanks will give it a watch :D

edit: ah it changes skins too which i dont really want to do as folks like choosing their own, really just want one for changing what shows up in chat

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019