Mystcraft Stable Ages

H2instinct

Jul 29, 2019
New Void Age
I put notes after each ;
1.{Linking Panel}
[.....]
16.{Clear Modifiers}​

This void age will generate as an empty 100% of time, no hostile mobs will spawn, Moo daylight always, Navy blueish sky, one sun overhead, one moon below, there is no weather, natura will generate cloud blocks if you have that installed.
Thank you so much Gus! I really appreciate it. With work I barely have time to play Minecraft as it is, so learning a new language and writing a thesis on Mystcraft wasn't in my to-do list. I appreciate your help with making these ages. If you come up with any cool new ones be sure to post it. I've got my eye on this thread. Again, really appreciate you helping with Mystcraft!

I do have one request. Is it possible you could create a short step-by-step guide using the format provided above on writing simple one-biome ages? Would love a quick-n-easy on the simplest stable age, but no worries if you can't. Thanks for all your help again!

Gus

Jul 29, 2019
No problem, Mystcraft is my favorite mod and I already have a template age written out.

On another thought, I might make a new thread for Mystcraft Ages and delete this one, because nearly all the ages in this topic no longer work 100% of the time. The new topic would have the same function as this one, a place to put Mystcraft ages and for the community to post their custom ages. What do you think?

Anyway here is the template I came up with:

Age Template
1.{Linking Panel}
2.{Biome(s)(1-3+), Biome Controller}
3.{Block Modifier, Block Modifier, Terrain}
4.{Terrain Alterations}
5.{Populators}
6.{Effects}
7.{Color, Color, Color, Water Color}
8.{Color, Color, Color, Grass Color}
9.{Color, Color, Color, Foliage Color}
10.{Color, Color, Color, Fog Color}
11.{Color, Color, Color, Cloud Color}
12.{Color, Color, Color, Sky Color}
13.{Color, Color, Color, Stars}
14.{Filler Stars}
15.{Length, Direction, Sun}
16.{Filler Suns}
17.{Length, Direction, Moon}
18.{Filler Moons}
19.{Misc Pages}
20.{Clear Modifiers}​
Notes:
Numbers refer to lines of the template.
1. Linking Panel, necessary to create any age or linking book.
2. There can be 1-3+ biomes depending on the biome controller. Single Biome requires 1 biome. Tiled Biomes requires 2. Huge, Large, Medium, Small, and Tiny Biomes require 3 or more biomes.
3.Block Modifiers are all liquid and solid blocks, There must be one solid Block Modifier, and one liquid Block Modifier, the solid will dictate what the land is made of, the liquid will dictate what the oceans are made of. The Stone Block symbol is special because it creates land like the overworld: Grass and Dirt and Stone with ores mixed into the Stone. Block Modifiers do not work when the terrain symbol is Void, putting Block Modifiers into a void age can result in instability.
4.At least 5 of these symbols are required in every age(to crowd out extra symbols), do not stack more than 3 of the same type. Terrain Alterations include: Caves, Floating Islands, Ravines, Skylands, Spheres, and Tendrils. Caves, and Ravines will not generate anything in void ages, but the other symbols will.
5.At least 5 of these symbols are required in every age(to crowd out extra symbols), do not stack more than 3 of the same type. Populators include:
Crystalline Formations, Deep Lakes, Dense Ores, Dungeons, Huge Trees, Mineshafts, Nether Fortress, Obelisks, Star Fissure, Strongholds, Surface Lakes, and Villages. Dungeons and Surface Lakes will not generate anything in void ages. Crystalline Formations require a Block Modifier.
6.Effects are used to counteract instability, the safest effect is Charged. All effects add stability except Accelerated, which adds instability. Only add effects to an age where there will be instability, like after adding the Dense Ores or Oil symbol.
7.Color symbols mix together to make new colors, water color also accepts the Gradient symbol, can be replaced by the Natural Water Color symbol.
8.Color symbols mix together to make new colors, grass color also accepts the Gradient symbol, can be replaced by the Natural Grass Color symbol.
9.Color symbols mix together to make new colors, foliage color also accepts the Gradient symbol, can be replaced by the Natural Foliage Color symbol.
10.Color symbols mix together to make new colors, fog color also accepts the Gradient symbol, can be replaced by the Natural Water Fog symbol.
11.Color symbols mix together to make new colors, cloud color also accepts the Gradient symbol, can be replaced by the Natural Water Cloud symbol.
12.Color symbols mix together to make new colors, sky color also accepts the Gradient symbol, can be replaced by the Natural Water Sky symbol.
13.There can not be more than 4 star symbols in an age. Color symbols work on all Stars symbols except Dark Stars. Normal Stars and Twinkling Stars accept Length and Direction symbols. Ender Starfield does not accept any symbols accept colors. Multiple star pages can be used to create multiple layers of stars.
14.Depending on the number of star symbols used you need to fill this line up with Dark Stars symbols, if you used 1 symbol for your main stars, then use 3 Dark Stars symbols, if you used 2 then use 2 Dark Stars, and so forth. This is because there can not be more than 4 per age.
15.There can be no more than 4 sun symbols per age. Color symbols do not work on suns, however suns do accept sunset color, length, direction and phase symbols.
16.Depending on the number of sun symbols used you need to fill this line up with Dark Sun symbols, if you used 1 symbol for your main sun, then use three Dark Sun symbols, if you used 2 then use 2 Dark Sun, and so forth. This is because there can not be more than 4 per age.
17.There can be no more than 4 moon symbols per age. Color symbols do not work on moons, however moons do accept length, direction and phase symbols.
18.Depending on the number of moon symbols used you need to fill this line up with Dark Moon symbols, if you used 1 symbol for your main moon, then use 3 Dark Moon symbols, if you used 2 then use 2 Dark Moon, and so forth. This is because there can not be more than 4 per age.
19.A line for miscellaneous symbols symbols that could go here: Any weather symbol, Any lighting symbol, {Anti-PVP},
{Color, Color, Color, Night Sky Color}, and {Boundless Sky}.
20.{Clear Modifiers} Just in case.

That concludes my long winded tutorial/template on Mystcraft. :D

Reactions: einsteinsci

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah Mystcraft is not one of my strongest Mods. I seem to always have problems creating ages takes a few goes.:( Either not it's not 100% stable or I get extra stuff, effects because I forgot a or 2 page.

With the examples you have here it's really going to help create some ages.

H2instinct

Jul 29, 2019
No problem, Mystcraft is my favorite mod and I already have a template age written out.

On another thought, I might make a new thread for Mystcraft Ages and delete this one, because nearly all the ages in this topic no longer work 100% of the time. The new topic would have the same function as this one, a place to put Mystcraft ages and for the community to post their custom ages. What do you think?

Anyway here is the template I came up with:

Age Template
1.{Linking Panel}
20.{Clear Modifiers}​
Notes:
Numbers refer to lines of the template.
1. Linking Panel, necessary to create any age or linking book.
20.{Clear Modifiers} Just in case.

That concludes my long winded tutorial/template on Mystcraft. :D

You're the best. This is awesome. Thank you. I'm going to have a field day making a few cool ages. Thanks again!