Mystcraft mining age

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a complete noob at mystcraft: I get instability even with (what I think are) all the required symbols. What would be an example of a completely stable (if that's even possible) mystcraft age for mining? Preferably it should be just extreme hills for emeralds, though I guess I could live without it.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Take a look at this wiki page: http://binarymage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=writing:stability_checklist

This is what I have used (in this exact order) for my current mining age (symbols required for stability in Mystcraft 0.10.0 written in bold):
  1. No weather
  2. Standard lighting
  3. Flat (terrain generator, less hassle with setting up quarries and there is flat bedrock. "Standard terrain" can also be used)
  4. Single biome (biome controller)
  5. Meadows biome (replace this with extreme hills for emeralds)
  6. East (direction / orientation of the sun)
  7. Zero length (No sun cycle)
  8. Noon (Sun always at zenith)
  9. Normal sun
  10. East
  11. Full length
  12. Setting
  13. Normal moon
  14. Normal stars
  15. Clear modifiers
Note that later versions of Mystcraft requires less symbols for stability.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I swear this current version of mystcraft is so buggy. I made an age with the exact pages you gave, in the same order, only with extreme hills instead of meadows. Not only was it unstable, it wasn't even an extreme hills biome. The previous incarnation on mystcraft was nowhere near this bad.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I swear this current version of mystcraft is so buggy. I made an age with the exact pages you gave, in the same order, only with extreme hills instead of meadows. Not only was it unstable, it wasn't even an extreme hills biome. The previous incarnation on mystcraft was nowhere near this bad.

I had this problem too. For some reason it was completely ignoring the biome page.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Aren't you supposed to put a space between each set of symbols? Also if you're using MystCraft 0.10.1 you don't need clear modifiers, and if you're using 0.10.2+ you only need weather, terrain generation, and biome(s)/controller.
I had this problem too. For some reason it was completely ignoring the biome page.
What biome controller were you using? If you used "Native Biome Controller" you've set yourself up for failure if you add any symbols for it.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
What biome controller were you using? If you used "Native Biome Controller" you've set yourself up for failure if you add any symbols for it.

I know. I used single biome. Like I said; I basically followed the list I found and it didn't work. Maybe we had a broken version of Mystcraft though.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You could change
Code:
B:options.instability=true to false
in config/mystcraft_config.txt that would turn off all instabilities of newly created worlds.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I've made a whole bunch of ages now, with different combinations of things, and none of them have been anything like how I described them. They've also all been floating islands. Is it even worth bothering with mystcraft? Because its just making worlds at random, without regard for the pages added.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Shakie is your ign twist??? If not my fellow sever member was running into the same exact issue last night where he did research on mystcraft and made multiple ages last night as you described and it would not make a stable age

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Are u using dense ores? If so, it will make every age unstable. And if not, try to lower your difficulty or going to the mystcraft config and block difficulty in peacefull or easy (it will not override minecraft dfficult lvl, only mystcraft age creation)

SgtPuma

Jul 29, 2019
Guys you are making your ages totally wrong, look at this vid ans you will see why you made instable ages.

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
Take a look at this wiki page: http://binarymage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=writing:stability_checklist

This is what I have used (in this exact order) for my current mining age (symbols required for stability in Mystcraft 0.10.0 written in bold):
  1. No weather
  2. Standard lighting
  3. Flat (terrain generator, less hassle with setting up quarries and there is flat bedrock. "Standard terrain" can also be used)
  4. Single biome (biome controller)
  5. Meadows biome (replace this with extreme hills for emeralds)
  6. East (direction / orientation of the sun)
  7. Zero length (No sun cycle)
  8. Noon (Sun always at zenith)
  9. Normal sun
  10. East
  11. Full length
  12. Setting
  13. Normal moon
  14. Normal stars
  15. Clear modifiers
Note that later versions of Mystcraft requires less symbols for stability.
This exact setup would work fine in the earlier versions, just as you said. However, since the latest update of mystcraft (introducing the ink mixer), the biome pages are modifiers for the biome controller, and therefore has to be specified before the controller, not after.

So the correct setup would be to switch up the order of step 4 and 5. This would work in previous versions as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Guys you are making your ages totally wrong, look at this vid ans you will see why you made instable ages.
Necrobump ftw?

Anyway, this thread was made before the 1.5 packs had been released. Since then its been fine (as in, it actually gives you the right biome, and no floating islands). Thanks anyway though.

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
Necrobump ftw?

Anyway, this thread was made before the 1.5 packs had been released. Since then its been fine (as in, it actually gives you the right biome, and no floating islands). Thanks anyway though.
Whoops, didn't realize the thread was that old.. well I guess I'm done here then.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
necropost-png.97210

jtloft05598

Jul 29, 2019
I think mystcraft is a mod you should stay away from for now. I was entering a mystcraft portal and it crashed my entire client. So for the past 2 weeks i haven't been able to get on my FTB monster world that I have had for months. It even destroyed my previous saves. So just think twice before using mystcraft until they update it.

Best regards,
-Little

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
My client occasionally crashes when opening notebooks. When I updated to 0.13 both server and client would crash when I enter an age and the notebook crash bug is still there.
Hopefully Mystcraft for 1.7 is more stable.

Reactions: jtloft05598